Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How to get rid of an annoying, clingy friend?

I need your emergency support once again my friends

I need some advice on how to get rid of an annoying clingy friend. She's one of my friends from 5-6 years ago that I never really liked much to begin with.. we lost contact with each other and recently she's been trying to become friends again. She wants to hang out EVERY SINGLE DAY and I despise hanging out with her and her drugged out friends, but I just do it because I don't want to be rude.

Make up excuses until she just stops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Tell her that you dont want to spend time with her.
    "Mean" but it really works.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a friend exactly like that. She was always screwed up on drugs and what-not. I just made excuses until she got the clue and stopped bugging me.

No, I probably didn't go about that the right way. It's not really right to lead people on and think you want to hang out and be friends. Just be straight with her, that's usually the best policy.

Honestly, it doesn't sound like you want to be her friend in the first place. So if you hurt her feelings or make her upset, that seals the deal. If you do want to be her friend, just say how you feel about her other friends. Say how and when you'd like to hang out.

Doing things because you don't want to be rude is just leading her to believe in something that's not there. Good luck!
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    Start acting batshit insane when he's around.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    I despise hanging out with her and her drugged out friends,
    1.Buy some drugs
    2.Lace with rat poison
    3.Invite her and her friends over
    4.Hang out.
    5.When they leave give them the drugs.

Deleted
    Every time you see them, preach religion and the evils of drugs. You will soon become to much of a drag to hang around.

The thing is, I know how sensitive she is and I really don't want her to be all offended/hurt and think that after 5-6 years I'm still a ***** that hasn't changed.

If it was just once a week and without her friends it would be kind of better, but I still don't think I'd like hanging out with her because we have nothing in common at all. All she ever wants to do is sit around and drink/smoke/do meth, and I don't do any of that :/ Well, with me and her we never had a very close relationship.. so it's also really weird to me that she wants to become "friends" again after all of this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Tell her that you dont want to spend time with her.
    "Mean" but it really works.
    Actualy doin anything else then the above is mean. Just say it how it is. You dont have to say it in a mean way.
    1 way to say it is: Look, here's the deal. I dont see you as a friend and i actualy dont wanna hang out anymore. Cya and have a good life.
    (this is the good way)
    second: Look Biatch, i dont like your stupid, drug addict frekking friends and you smell like sheit aswel so gtfo!!!!.
    (this is the bad and mean way)

I need some advice on how to get rid of an annoying clingy friend. She's one of my friends from 5-6 years ago that I never really liked much to begin with.. we lost contact with each other and recently she's been trying to become friends again. She wants to hang out EVERY SINGLE DAY and I despise hanging out with her and her drugged out friends, but I just do it because I don't want to be rude.
    If you don't want to hang out with her why do you care if you come off as rude? There is a far difference between saying yeah I'm not interested in hanging out with you and you are such a bitch go f*&% yourself...

Stop worring about being rude.

Who said she wants to be friends? Find out what she wants and then cut to the case.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

10+ Year Old Account
    First dont be a biotch. Doing what the above people are posting would be the immature gradeschool shit that never works and always backfires.

Why dont you just talk to her.

Tell her that her drug use is making you uncomfrotable. Tell her that her being high is making you uncomfrtable. That you dont want to be around her when she is doing those things.

Tell her that if she wants to be your friend she will respect the fact you dont do drugs and you do not want to be around them and if she cannot accept that that she is not your friend.

This may not only help her out to realize she cannot force these things on people but maybe get her to evauate her life a little (doubt it though).

Remember, the high road is always hard to find.

Be rude. Sometimes it's the only way.

Then again, for some crazy people that will make them even clingier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sleep with her. Then tell her u have herpes.

Deleted

Get a boyfriend and tell her you are going out with him. Every night, even if you don't. She'd better find one, as well. Sex is nice.

Man up and tell her to gtfo in a reasonable way. Can't be that hard.

if you dont like said person, then you are not said persons friend. tell them to piss off :/
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Be direct, 8m serious don't bbe rude or mean just be direct.All you have to ask is " why are we friends?"

Deleted

Start playing an MMO.