Need help shopping for... glass!

So hey there!

I've recently been seeing a lot of these computer-in-a-desk builds that fumble around the internet and I'm extremely interested in giving it a try. I love building stuff, and I need a new desk -- my current desk is 7 feet wide and 4 feet deep. On top of it is a laptop and two monitors. On the bottom sits a computer, a small trash can, and mail. Pretty big, right? It was a studio desk from guitar center I got 50% off on about 5 years ago.

However, I just moved out into a one bedroom with my girlfriend and relatively this desk is *huge* with absolutely no storage. So, pretty simple, I wanna build myself a desk! Why not get fancy, too? What's the problem, you ask!?

...I've never went shopping for any kind of tempered glass. I'm finding a very generic site on the internet but I don't trust it right away, and I don't know if lowes or home depot is exactly a place to go for this. Is my best bet shopping online or trying to find some local mom-and-pop type of store that gets into the glass market?

I want to see these pictures you're speaking of.