Might try out Rift, poiters appreciated

Hi,

Im a former wow player, and soon-to-be former swtor player, because lets face it... WoW has become an abomination of its former self and swtor failed to catch the ball... and I hear that Rift's endgame is actually pretty good

So i wanted to inquire before buying Rift:

1. Does any of you know of a Danish-only guild or a scandinavian-heavy server?
    2. Is it true that the leveling is fast and endgame is challenging and entertaining?
    3. Is there a specific profession that is a must-have for a newcomers?
    4. Which class is the closest i can get to a WoW-druid?

I'm posting in this thread so I can follow it. I just recently started playing Rift, as WoW only holds my attention on raiding days.

So far I really enjoy it. In addition to the questions posted above, make sure to understand that the 4 "classes" in Rift really are too broad in their description. Each "class" has sub specs, like the three talent trees in WoW, but you can mix and match those three trees making the game very deep in what trees work best together, for you, etc. Because of this, you can buy multiple different specs, up to 5 I believe?

They actually do have a druid tree (found under the cleric class), but it depends what you spec you played in WoW, as it's more for melee (or so the tooltip says, I've never played it). They have a Warden tree as well (also found in the cleric class), which is more like the resto druid.

I really enjoy the environments and the public raid groups... probably the best thing about it, so far.

I know I'm not helping with your questions too much, but hopefully just giving you some quick pointers from someone who just started playing it myself, and had to learn some things the hard way

Good luck! Definitely give it a shot... especially since it's free from 1-20.
    Last edited by Moridius; 2012-02-28 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    1. Does any of you know of a Danish-only guild or a scandinavian-heavy server?
    2. Is it true that the leveling is fast and endgame is challenging and entertaining?
    3. Is there a specific profession that is a must-have for a newcomers?
    4. Which class is the closest i can get to a WoW-druid?
    1) Sorry, no idea.
    2) Yes it is (but it is dull), and yes it definitely is.
    3) Not really no, they do not give advantages. You'll make more money collecting artifacts (which everyone can do) and selling them on the AH than with any profession.
    4) Depends what spec. Healing or Boomkin wise it's probably the Mage class, tank wise probably Rogue and Feral DPS wise probably Rogues again.

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moridius View Post
    So far I really enjoy it. In addition to the questions posted above, make sure to understand that the 4 "classes" in Rift really are too broad. Each "class" as sub specs, like the three talent trees in WoW, but you can mix and match those three trees making the game very deep in what trees work best together, etc. Because of this, you can buy multiple different specs, up to 5 I believe?
    Six since the latest patch

They actually do have a druid tree, but it depends what you spec you played in WoW, as it's more for melee (or so the tooltip says, I've never played it). They have a Warden tree as well, which is more like the resto druid.
    Cleric Warden is probably also a good analogy to Resto Druid. The actual Druid tree is a melee support soul used for synergy (with your main soul), afaik.

I really enjoy the environments and the public raid groups... probably the best thing about it, so far.

I know I'm not helping with your questions too much, but hopefully just giving you some quick pointers from someone who just started playing it myself, and had to learn some things the hard way

Good luck! Definitely give it a shot... especially since it's free from 1-20.
    Glad you like, ask anything you want, lot's of people in this forum will be more than happy to help.

Deleted
    1. I dont know of any danish/scandinavian only guilds sorry, probably best check the official shard forums for that.
    2. The levelling is fast but i'm not going to lie it does get a little dull, it helps if you break it up with pvp/invasions/random rifts/world event quests which all give xp too.
    3. There's no required professions, there's no profession specific perks so you can just take whatever you want.
    4. It depends which spec you preferred, closest to resto would definitely be the warden soul as cleric. There's not really any shapeshifting but beastmaster warriors and ranger hunters focus a lot on bleeds. I can't think of anything similar to balance, there is a druid soul that clerics can take but it isn't anything like the wow equivalent, here it's more a pet based melee nature dps.

I'd probably suggest cleric simply because it's the only class that can fulfill all the roles

Deleted
    1. Just go on a big server, if you like pvp server there is bloodiron
    I know there is a swedish guild on defiant side, probably some scandinavian/danish too... at least many scandinavians playing over there so potential to make your own if noone exist =)
    There are a big pve server as well. So choose one depending on likes and you most likely sort something out, you wont be a lonely dane anyway =)

Deleted

Danes

Hey Hovsa

I do not know of any Danish guilds. Today I tried looking for Semper Danica on Bloodiron, but it seems that their Rift guild does not exist anymore.
    By coincidence I met another Danish player, so if you start on Bloodiron Defiant side we are 3 Danes. That would be a start
    If you do happen to find a Danish guild please let me know.

/regards Anoxiator