Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shocking! (25 player)

We're going to attempt Thaddius on 25man Naxx this on Saturday, I'm still working out available numbers, but it's possible I could have up to 15 players. If this was the case, and I have lots of dps, has anyone had any experience with using dps to avoid strategy.

For example, if the first "charge" comes after 15 seconds, and the 2nd "charge" comes 15 seconds after that, then theoretically if we killed him within 30 seconds then we would need to worry about spreading out/turning with him.

But if it's a case where he changes charges at (for example) 75%/50%/25%, then we'd be forced to used a non-burst dps strategy

Any comments appreciated

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 11:24 AM ----------

I may have answered my own question, looks like he has 30 million health in 25man, so dps race would be out of the question.

/range 15 looks like the better method

10+ Year Old Account

do something like that and you cannot fail
    basically bring as few people as possible

You could always do it like a normal guild did at 80 and just not suck. Do the oldschool strat of +++ thad ---- and just running in a clockwise direction to the other side when ur shit changes. Or underman the instance and do the strat above ^^^ less people = easier.

Tiolith has it nailed for 85s. Doing it the "right" way is a headache, especially with the achievement being bugged. If you don't get it right the first time, you don't get it that week.

Follow Tio's awesome MSPaint diagram (adding more dots if you have more ranged), and you should get it easily. If you have more melee, line them up and space them out along the entrance to the rooom. Only two melee should be on the platform with Thaddius.

Deleted
    Count me in if its EU. Elito - Rogue - Chromaggus

Quote Originally Posted by Vertual View Post
    You could always do it like a normal guild did at 80 and just not suck. Do the oldschool strat of +++ thad ---- and just running in a clockwise direction to the other side when ur shit changes. Or underman the instance and do the strat above ^^^ less people = easier.
    Most people Ive done runs with in Naxx have never been there and dont know any of the fights and it was hard enough to do with people that know what they are doing. A few times weve had to kill the platform bosses 3 or more times to even get to Thad.

For the range strat Im not sure how large the room is but as a hunter I can DPS from the platform. You could probably get 3 ranged on each side.

Deleted
    Rofl, no need to do strat or dps race at all, simply position your raid like Tiolith showed (mspaint ftw) and relax.

We did it with 23 people, but 19 of them did nothing (me included) but staying 10 yds from each other. It took an eternity since we had only 2 ranged, but the boss hits like a wet noodle so np at all. Btw we occupied like all the room xD

As long as you stay in the room you'll get the achievement, even if you went /afk.

Deleted
    This was always "fun" to attempt when naxx was current. I did it a few weeks ago with myself (a tank), a healer and two ranged. We didn't make the enrage timer, but he didn't deal much more damage when enraged, so we just kept going and downed him.

bring range, have them spread out. 4 manned it a few weeks ago with a healer, 1 melee, tank and a range, We hit the berserk but it was still pretty easy to survive as a blood dk in tank gear and a disc priest healing.

Three manned it a while ago with a blood DK tank, rogue, and BM hunter. Killed him a couple minutes past enrage.

Perhaps just do it the way its supposed to do, dancing around him ?

Silly people !

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

I came here for advice since this is the only achievement i'm missing for the meta, but after seeing Nelle's armory profile all I can say is OMG you have a TON of achievements...

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned you should try to do it the proper way. Or you can go with 5~ people and make sure everyone is "x" yards away from eachother. Dont exactly remember how many yards. Good luck!
    I still havent done it 25man mode. What server are you gonna do it on ?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do as Tiolith suggests. If anyone misses the jump, do not have them go up there. Everyone needs to spreadout 10+ yards.
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes

Deleted
    So do you have a spot for me in this achiev? PM your real ID if you need me.

Known Bug:

Pets can cause friendly fire.
    Suggest not having any pets during the encounter.
    Gm's wnt give you the acheivement

Suggestion: Keep recount 'Friendly Fire' Option up during fight.
    If you see any damage. Wipe and fix it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post

Known Bug:

Pets can cause friendly fire.
    Suggest not having any pets during the encounter.
    Gm's wnt give you the acheivement

Suggestion: Keep recount 'Friendly Fire' Option up during fight.
    If you see any damage. Wipe and fix it
    I'd like to add, if you mess the achivement and fail it and try again, you won't get it even if nobody messes up the 2nd time. The "Fail" carries over to the 2nd try. We had that problem happen last night.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I did this achievement about 2 weeks ago now.

First thing's first: Require all raid members to have a current and working DBM.
    You will need the Old World mod.
    Make EVERYONE /range 10
    If you have more than 2 melee, make the rest sit out and spread on the back after Stalagg and Feugen die.
    You can position a ranged on each platform, to make use of the most space.

As stated above: Have Recount on Friendly Fire. Make sure to have all warlocks cancel Soul Link, or kick them if they're too daft to right click it.
    It isn't a DPS race at 80, take your time, dont move, dont try to match charges.

About 85k raidwide DPS is required to beat the enrage timer, but he wont hit much harder with it so its safe to hit it. I'd say its easily 5-mannable.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

For all those wanting some closure, we did complete this achievement - on the second attempt.

Preparing for it we did a /range 15 (to be extra safe). We had about 12 players, but heavy melee which caused the first forced wipe - everyone wants to dps the 30mil hp boss.

Second attempt melee weren't allow to jump down, so we just had a war tank, 2 hunters and a healer. The hunters were pumping out around 30k dps, and the warrior tank around 15-20k .... we just beat the enrage timer, but knew that it wouldn't have been a problem if we had

We ended up doing every single achievement in Naxx 25, only failed on [the one with the 3k spores that you can't kill] - but as it's not a meta achievement for Glory of the Raider 25 we didn't care.

We then went on to do EoE 25 with 15 players and did the achivements for less than 6 minutes, less than 21/25 players, the kill itself, and anyone who needed a Killing Blow on the Scions ... so in the end a whole bunch of us got the Glory of the Raider 25 .... awesome night, and around 400 achievement points

Horde Dath'Remar + Frostmourne

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a Youtube video that had a guy completely raging about this boss fight. Tried looking for it but can't find it.