Thread: Cleric Healing

Cleric Healing

Didn't want to necro any previous threads (I really couldn't find many to begin with), but I was curious about the overwhelming amount of spells in Rift, in this case, the ones related to healing as a Cleric.

My soul build currently uses Sentinel, Warden and Purifier, as I've just started playing the game, and saw that these three were popular.

I guess my question is, what spells do you use for your hotkeys? I'm just finding that if I try to place all of the actual combat healing spells on my toolbar, I get overwhelmed. I should probably mention that I can only bind 9 combat spells, as I usually use my mouse to click on player portraits, and my left hand to choose the spell I'd like to use.

My key bindings are ~,1,2,3,4,5,Q,E, and R. So I like to have all of the spells I need readily available on those 9 keys. Is this even possible? It's how I've done all my healing in WoW, so I'm trying to stick to it as it's what I'm used to.

Also, I'm not a fan of using cntrl or alt keys to switch my bindings so, say, key 1 can do two different spells.

...or am I just being difficult

Thanks.

Deleted
    Might struggle to fit them all onto the 9 keys tbh. You could macro some things like on my cleric i macro'd deluge and healing grace together as my "go to heal spam" button. I'm not comfortable using ctrl/alt either, i've got my mouse remapped so that when i hold down one of the side buttons it registers as holding down ctrl, dunno if that could help you at all

Yea, Dulfycleric is a great source.

As for spells, keep in mind a few things- you are equipping THREE healing trees at once. Which I understand had a certain logic in your mind as you wished to... heal. However, those trees are not "talent trees" as in Warcraft or TOR. And if you contextualize them as such you will most likely meet frustration. This sinks most newcomers to Rift.

Those spells at a base level begin to differentiate themselves with more point investment. So while say Healing Grace and Restorative Flame may seem redundant at first blush. Depending on which soul you invest within and how much, determines the difference and application of both Healing Grace and Restorative Flame.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.

As Fencers said, it seems as if I might be overshooting the whole healing thing, with three healing trees. I've seen a lot of builds (from that Rift forum link) that include things like Justicar, I'm assuming for it's damage/heals. Do people find themselves with time to do damage? Or is using Justicar more for a hybrid of player? Someone whose role is to do damage and to heal (Sorry if I sound ignorant to how this works, but I pretty much am ). The whole doing damage while being asked to heal would be new to me, as I am coming from WoW (NONE OF YOU PICKED UP ON THAT /endsarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Moridius View Post
    As Fencers said, it seems as if I might be overshooting the whole healing thing, with three healing trees. I've seen a lot of builds (from that Rift forum link) that include things like Justicar, I'm assuming for it's damage/heals. Do people find themselves with time to do damage? Or is using Justicar more for a hybrid of player? Someone whose role is to do damage and to heal (Sorry if I sound ignorant to how this works, but I pretty much am ). The whole doing damage while being asked to heal would be new to me, as I am coming from WoW (NONE OF YOU PICKED UP ON THAT /endsarcasm)
    Well, Justicars are tanks but can also provide raid wide healing by dealing damage.

Everyone is basically a hybrid in Rift. There are very few "pure" archetypes so to speak. This is why I mention you have to wrap your head around the way the souls function. As you are essentially equipping 3 classes by choosing 3 souls- not simply choosing talents ala WoW (e.x.). The meat of the gameplay is in figuring out how to combine 3 souls with great synergy.

For example, an Inquisitor/Justicar is one of the best raid healing Cleric archetypes. It combines the pure ranged DPS of Inquisitor with the splash healing of the tank soul Justicar and the healing power of Sentinel or Purifier. Spending most of an encounter dealing direct damage to heal an entire raid force.

Yet individually those 3 souls are: DPS (Inquisitor), Tank (Justicar) and Healing (Sentinel or Purifier). But you are a raid healer via DPS.

This is how classes work in Rift. It's the sum total of what you equip in the souls.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-02-28 at 06:00 PM.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/cleric/

^ there is a link that SORT OF describes what each soul is used for. Think of Justicar as your tank soul. Yes you can be a fully viable tank as a Cleric...actually a pretty badass one.

There are a epic crap ton of builds that use [insert initial here] - car in some way shape or form. You often here can anyone go into a I-car build which means Shamicar or Inquisicar. Half the fun of Rift is naming some of these builds people come up with.

Like warriors love Val's Rising Waterfall build. Rogues had one called the Hoko spec. If you look in the preset builds they all have special names.

Clerics have the mash build

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-rank-4-a.html

or the never ending Duracell build

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ns-videos.html

The entire system is basically a min/max'rs wet dream because you can argue so many builds it is not funny.