Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you smoke? And if so, why haven't you quit?

I've been smoking for a long time, since I was 11. And recently, I felt I had enough of it. Quit smoking on the spot, no questions asked. I've had a lot of friends who quit smoking and just kept qqing about it being so hard, it's been really easy for me. People told me I'd gain a lot of weight, food cravings and such, but I haven't had it yet. It's been really easy so far, 2 weeks tomorrow. So my question is, why haven't you quit smoking? Do you not want to, or do you find it too hard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Smoking is cool and you know it.

Deleted
    Nope i dont and i never will my Asthma makes me even unable to walk close to someone thats smokes makes it almost impossible to go to town as every one smokes outside stores etc... i do like they are starting to make it illegal to smoke in some areas atleast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Smoking is cool and you know it.
    wow, Chandler flashback :O

Deleted
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

I suppose you would have to really want to, those people telling you its hard just think they have to. By telling you its hard they are making themselves feel less guilty when they fail

Then again i guess some people find comfort in it based on their stress levels i dunno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Nope i dont and i never will my Asthma makes me even unable to walk close to someone thats smokes makes it almost impossible to go to town as every one smokes outside stores etc... i do like they are starting to make it illegal to smoke in some areas atleast.

Damn, that's gotta be a pain. A stranger smoking near you and you can't tell them to put the cigg out.

10+ Year Old Account
    gives me something to do when I'm drinking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting
    I could have used that quote 2 weeks ago, atleast if I failed I'd be able to tell myself "You are just being brave, you didn't fail"

Deleted
    I have quit a couple of times for months or even a year and it was really easy. I started again every time out of boredom. Smoking feels great as a reward after stressful work or accomplishments. And since quitting every time was so easy, I always thought I could quit again any time if I wanted to.

I smoke sometimes, but i don't have an addiction problem. I smoke because its good and because most of my friends smoke so just to be social :P
    I can stop whenever i wan't.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood the pack or more a day smoker. At my peak I would smoke half a pack. Now I only smoke if I get tipsy. Alcohol will always make me want a smoke.
    I like sandwiches

I'm a smoker, but I don't smoke all that much.
    I haven't quit because I'm also asthmatic. When I first started smoking, I noticed that I had an easier time breathing, and I stopped the medication completely. My medication actually caused all sorts of problems like infections and such, and didn't really help me either.

I'm fully aware of the fact that I am now simply an addict. I do smoke more than the three times a day I should, so I can't justify my habit completely by saying it actually helps me. But each time I tried to stop, I got thrown back into the bronchitis trouble. Moderation is key, then, but it's hard to smoke only three times a day because of the addictive qualities. So instead, I smoke a few more.

On the whole, smoking is still incredibly unhealthy, and I can fully understand the fact that non-smokers think it is a disgusting habit.

Totaly depends on how old you are now. If you are 14, chances are that quitting might be easy. My dad is now 50 and he is already smoking for over 30 years.
    He once tried to quit it, but his withdrawal symptoms were so bad, that he nearly got hospitalized. He got agressive, unsecure and had a generally bad mood etc. just after 5 days of not smoking.

I personally do not smoke because I see how those cigarettes destroyed my father. I lost my grandfather due to lung cancer one year ago (he only got 69) and I am already preparing myself to lose my dad over the same thing in a few years.

If I had the power, I would instantly remove all cigarettes from earth's surface

Deleted
    I dont smoke and never will its a horrible habit (no offense) I just dont like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Totaly depends on how old you are now. If you are 14, chances are that quitting might be easy. My dad is now 50 and he is already smoking for over 30 years.
    He once tried to quit it, but his withdrawal symptoms were so bad, that he nearly got hospitalized. He got agressive, unsecure and had a generally bad mood etc. just after 5 days of not smoking.

I personally do not smoke because I see how those cigarettes destroyed my father. I lost my grandfather due to lung cancer one year ago (he only got 69) and I am already preparing myself to lose my dad over the same thing in a few years.

If I had the power, I would instantly remove all cigarettes from earth's surface
    Must have been pretty bad after 30 years, I myself smoked for about 10 years. And it really wasn't hard. But hey 30 years is completely different.

I smoke but when i do admit when i had a job id smoke maybe 10 to 15 cigs a day but now that im unemployed i cut back to 2 - 4 a day.. i think im doing pretty good lol though i know 15 a day is nothing compared to people people who do 2 packs a day

My grandmother is currently in the process of getting cancer removed from her lungs. She quit smoking 10 years ago, and it still gave her cancer.
    Everyone in my family smokes, unfortunately. I do not. I have terrible allergies and sensitive sinuses, I couldn't if I wanted to.

Atm I only smoke (sometimes) when I am drinking. Used to smoke back when I was in army, but I did "quit".
    Hi

Deleted
    It's hard to quit when you don't really want to quit. I tried to quit smoking several times and it was very hard. I once quit it for a month or so and started it again. So after 14 years or so of smoking, i finally decided to quit and this time i was 100% that i want to quit. In the end, it turned out to be very easy to quit, i even had some nicotine plasters left from a previous time i tried to quit and i did not even bother using them. One week after quitting, i got a 10 box carton of cigarettes for free and i had no problem with it sitting at home. I thought of smoking those never even came to mind. So now i am free of smokes for like 10 months or so and loving it