Caffeine + Muscle Gain?

Does caffeine negative affect muscle growth? I often drink Rockstar energy drinks (sugar free / low carb / low cal).

Here are the nutrition facts of the one I drink: http://www.rockstar69.com/productIngredients.php?pdt=21

I know water is best, but I have a thing for caffeinated carbonated drinks, and I don't want to be drinking coke cola like I used to.
    Last edited by Swiffer; 2012-02-28 at 06:41 PM.

For goodness sake.. If u can, stay off those drinks completely.. If u are serious about your body etc then Redbull and Rockstar etc are a no no. Ask any health advisor and please find an alternative to caffeine drinks, they really are no good!

10+ Year Old Account
    far as I'm aware they do not stun muscle growth, but like Ny0ka said they are very hard on your body. in the long run you'll have more down moments then up :P

just stay away from any Anti-Flamme drugs if you can, they are not the greatest for bulking up

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrost View Post
    just stay away from any Anti-Flamme drugs if you can, they are not the greatest for bulking up
    Advil, excedrin, Ibuprofen?

everything in moderation

lots of people take caffeine pre workout

some people swear by it

Deleted
    I've been hitting the gym for about 5 years now with small breaks,and my main focus has always been muscle building.
    I as you have sort of an addiction for caffeinated drinks,including coffee,before my workouts.
    If you don't plan your diet well and take caffeine as a substance to give you energy while you skip on healthy eating,then yes you will face severe fatigue out of it.
    As someone who has always planned his diet very well (a nutritionist will help you with that) and just taking coffee to boost my energy levels even more,i find out that it actually helps me push those last so-desired reps which pretty much do the difference in muscle gain.
    As someone else has pointed out abstain from anti-inflammatory drugs as those have been proven to stun muscle growth,and of course,moderate or eliminate alcohol if you plan on going big fast.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    everything in moderation

This tends to be my downfall in all sorts of aspects of my life. But I'm working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    everything in moderation

lots of people take caffeine pre workout

some people swear by it
    The only reason is that caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and it gives a increase in performance either it be more reps or weights, But long term use your body will build an resistance to the dose and you will need larger doses to get similar effects which can be harmful to the body as it can turn into a dependency to large doses of the pre-workout stimulant.

Deleted
    shouldn't energy drinks be banned if you're serious about your body?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't drink that shit. Drink a cup of coffee, black without sugar like real man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly View Post
    shouldn't energy drinks be banned if you're serious about your body?
    Depending on your dedication and seriousness, the answer is anywhere between "No, just moderated" and "Hell yeah".

Caffeine itself is a powerful ingredient used in many fatburners, pre-workout drinks and other, fitness-related supplements.
    If you drink the occasional cup of coffee, there is little to worry about.

It does not affect your muscles directly, but those energy drinks won't help you grow much, either.
    The sugar in those things do prevent you from looking as lean and dry as you could be.

Deleted
    drugs should always be drank in moderation. caffeine has pharmacologic effects too. just don't exaggerate, and you should be fine.

personally, i'd go for black tea (without sugar of course) if you need help to wake up, i'm pretty sure it's not so harsh to your stomach as coffee. infuse it 2-3 min and you've got the most caffeine out of it. it's a healthy drink if consumed in....moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Don't drink that shit. Drink a cup of coffee, black without sugar like real man.
    While I am myself endowed with a glorious vulva instead of flimsy boyparts, I have to agree with this gentleman's taste on caffeinated beverages.

But really, energy drinks tend to be loaded with sugar, and too much sugar is bad for you. Specially if you drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    While I am myself endowed with a glorious vulva instead of flimsy boyparts, I have to agree with this gentleman's taste on caffeinated beverages.

But really, energy drinks tend to be loaded with sugar, and too much sugar is bad for you. Specially if you drink it.
    but all things in moderation or things tend to go bad. xP

Caffeine is pretty much in almost all workout supplements to give you that boost. It is also a fat burner. All those other extras in soft drinks coffee etc. are the fattenings lol

Caffeine is in most pre workout supplements. It's the stuff that gives you that boost. It's actually a fat burner. The other extras in soft drinks, coffee, etc are the fattys