10+ Year Old Account

Question about a USPS package ! (Americans and Swedes over all but any reply welcome)

Hello everyone!

I have a question for anyone, maybe especially you 'murricans, I have this package that's to be shipped to me:
    http://www.stamps.com/shipstatus/sub...=LJ916660632US

Any idea how long it should take (normally) to have it shipped to Sweden? I tried googling but it was very hard to get a solid answer. Do you people have any idea how it works? Any non-'murrican with knowledge may speak up aswell of course.

Also, how does the hand-over work? This might be a question for Swedes that have ordered stuff from the US before and have had a similar situation, did you have people knock on your door to hand over the package or do you get a letter from a nearby post office that tells you that you can go and claim it?

I'm very curious about this, knowledge is wanted!

/Wass
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Hello everyone!

I have a question for anyone, maybe especially you 'murricans, I have this package that's to be shipped to me:
    http://www.stamps.com/shipstatus/sub...=LJ916660632US

Any idea how long it should take (normally) to have it shipped to Sweden? I tried googling but it was very hard to get a solid answer. Do you people have any idea how it works? Any non-'murrican with knowledge may speak up aswell of course.

Also, how does the hand-over work? This might be a question for Swedes that have ordered stuff from the US before and have had a similar situation, did you have people knock on your door to hand over the package or do you get a letter from a nearby post office that tells you that you can go and claim it?

I'm very curious about this, knowledge is wanted!

/Wass
    When I shipped a package from Houston to Estonia by USPS, I believe it took about a week. It might have been two. And it was absurdly expensive, like $120 or something.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    When I've had stuff shipped to Sweden using USPS it normally takes between 7 and 10 business days (i.e., not weekends). However, for one of them Posten decided to hold my package in customs at Malmö for an extra week! :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iKenndac View Post
    When I've had stuff shipped to Sweden using USPS it normally takes between 7 and 10 business days (i.e., not weekends). However, for one of them Posten decided to hold my package in customs at Malmö for an extra week! :-(
    How did you finally get it delivered, to the door or did you pick it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    When I shipped a package from Houston to Estonia by USPS, I believe it took about a week. It might have been two. And it was absurdly expensive, like $120 or something.
    For this one I've already paid the shipping fees afaik, was 7$. Which I do however, find pretty low. It is a pretty light package though, no heavy things.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

I can't remember if I shipped a game to Sweden or Finland later 2001/2002 but it did not take but a week or week and half to get there from the East Coast here.
    Can't say how the person got it but generally here they will knock on the door. Dependent on the package type they will either request a signature and if no one is there come back up to three times. Each time they leave a little note stating a rough idea when they will return within a set window period. One could also then go to a local office and just pick the package up directly. If not they just knock, then drop off and go.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

Contact USPS as they should be able to tell you roughly how long it will take.

As an aside I did laugh it took 4 days to get from Spokane to LA. No wonder they call it snail mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Contact USPS as they should be able to tell you roughly how long it will take.

As an aside I did laugh it took 4 days to get from Spokane to LA. No wonder they call it snail mail.
    Yeah I haven't bothered googling the places yet but I assumed something like this. Bureaucracy ftl.

I don't mind the package taking time, I'm mostly curious how it will be delivered to be fair, and possibly have an ETA. I suppose this also is a silly question that I can google but, how to contact USPS? Mail them?

10+ Year Old Account

For this one I've already paid the shipping fees afaik, was 7$. Which I do however, find pretty low. It is a pretty light package though, no heavy things.
    My package was a mantle clock, which isn't heavy, but nor is it light, and it's fragile. Plus, I'm sure it probably costs more to ship to Tallinn than Stockholm.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account

You're gonna pay import taxes when it arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    You're gonna pay import taxes when it arrives.
    I suspected something like this, any clue or any table where I can figure out how much it's gonna cost?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my $4000 rig costed around $500 to ship, had to pay around $200 for import taxes in Denmark.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory