(Video) Advanced Fire Guide

Unlike most *advanced* fire mage guides out there I don't talk about haste platues and addon settings blah blah; the correct format for that sort of guide is really not a video as most of the time they are just people standing in-front of a target dummy reading off either the fire compendium on this website or EJ. Which is boring!

So why this one is different is I discuss extra things that the above average fire mage can do to help out their group boss to boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oKrvkXNIyk

I do try and make an effort to cram as much content as I can into 5 minutes or less so people don't get bored! So a comment on what you would like to see from youtubers would be super helpful!
    The reason I made this guide is almost immediately after i posted a *basic* guide I got tons of PMs asking for an advanced version; so I actually do give the people cake so to speak!
    Last edited by Rekindled; 2012-02-28 at 09:02 PM. Reason: minor corrections in intro
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Thanks for taking the time making this video.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Scrogglez, thanks for the video, I found some useful tips which I will be trying from tomorrow's Morchok HC kill.

Great guide for those who didn't already know these things, however I don't agree with spreading LB with impact on Warmaster, as it may cause raid wipes in form of tank deaths or hitting the enrage timer (using less globals to dps Goriona makes Blackhorn siphon more hp, and the LB explosion + Fire Blast does not do as much damage as a Fireball on Goriona would). If you're in a guild which has this on farm, then sure go ahead and pad the meters, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Deleted
    Nice video, thanks!

Good stuff man! Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Great guide for those who didn't already know these things, however I don't agree with spreading LB with impact on Warmaster, as it may cause raid wipes in form of tank deaths or hitting the enrage timer (using less globals to dps Goriona makes Blackhorn siphon more hp, and the LB explosion + Fire Blast does not do as much damage as a Fireball on Goriona would). If you're in a guild which has this on farm, then sure go ahead and pad the meters, but I wouldn't recommend it.
    You're forgetting the actual LB DoT on Blackhorn, that will beat a fireball's damage on Goriona. About the siphoning of Goriona's hp, it doesn't matter if he siphons more times or not, it's the same Hit points you have to take off to beat the encounter because any hp he gains, Goriona loses, so spreading LB and potentially Pyroblast, Ignite, Combustion helps in the encounter (talking about enrage timer).

However it's true that Goriona will take longer to kill and might cause deaths to your tanks (although we never actually had that, p2 was pretty faceroll even before the nerfs).

Did not really learn anything, but maybe because i knew it all and currently am progressing on HC Spine, but a good video for players just learning those heroic fights and might make it easier for them! . You should maybe also have covered the small trick you can do on Ultraxion, standing close to him stacking up your ignite so you can get pretty damn insane combustion ticks. I had combustion CRIT ticks for over 60k on some of our Ultraxion HC attempts.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post
    Did not really learn anything, but maybe because i knew it all and currently am progressing on HC Spine, but a good video for players just learning those heroic fights and might make it easier for them! . You should maybe also have covered the small trick you can do on Ultraxion, standing close to him stacking up your ignite so you can get pretty damn insane combustion ticks. I had combustion CRIT ticks for over 60k on some of our Ultraxion HC attempts.
    what do you mean close enough ? i think combustion depends on your gear/stats, not about range.

I must be the only one not getting this ignite stacking technique.
    I've been trying for bloody ages on dummies and ultrax, but having 2 fireball crit and the having the pyro crit just after never brings my ignite over 25k (depending on buffs etc, alone on a dummy this never exceeds 19-20k). Sometimes the stars align and i get 4 crits which brings my ignite up a bit. That be 2 fireball crit for pyro, next fireball and pyro also crits.

How can you stack this on purpose and get ignites to the extreme amount you and many others brag about getting?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
    what do you mean close enough ? i think combustion depends on your gear/stats, not about range.
    He means that the closer you are to the boss the less distance your fireballs have to travel. Making it easier to stack fireball crits and refresh ignites before the last ignite runs out.