Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

PTR patch 1.1.5 patch notes

Not sure if I missed someone posting these, or if nobody has. I know there was a thread with a video, but that only had a couple things. '

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - 1.1.5 Patch Notes

Because development is ongoing during testing, it should be noted that all changes and updates listed in the patch notes should be considered incomplete and are subject to change or removal before release to the live servers. The Public Test Server patch notes will be provided in English. The final release notes will be provided in English, French, and German when the content is moved to live servers.

General
    Players can now use the command /roll or /random to generate a random number between 1 and 100. This command will also accept a range (example: /roll 20-40) or a die value (example: 2d6).

Classes and Combat

Sith Warrior
    The French version of the "Darth" title is now correct.

Flashpoints and Operations

Operations

General
    Bosses in Operations now drop the correct amount of loot when the group is using the Master Looter loot distribution setting.

Eternity Vault
    The "Duel of the Fates" and "Penalty of Destiny" effects are now properly removed when the Infernal Council encounter resets.
    An issue that could cause buttons to stop responding during the Ancient Pylons encounter has been fixed. *UPDATED 2/28*

Karagga's Palace
    Completing Karagga's Palace in Nightmare Mode within two hours now correctly grants the title "The Unyielding." *UPDATED 2/28*

Items

General
    New high-level black-yellow color crystals can now be purchased from the Pre-Order Vendors on the Imperial and Republic Fleets.
    Several high end speeder models have been temporarily reduced in price until Game Update 1.2.
    A vendor that sells a variety of previously unavailable endgame crystals has been added temporarily to the Imperial and Republic Fleets until Game Update 1.2.
    The Portable Holo Dancer once again displays the correct visual effect.
    Dark/Light requirements present on some color crystals have been removed.

Missions and NPCs

Missions

Republic
    Chaos and Harmony: Corrected an issue that caused Children of the Emperor to disappear and reappear during the final boss fight, making the encounter more difficult that intended.

PvP

General
    Players can now build credit towards the Battle for Ilum daily and weekly missions by playing Warzones. *UPDATED 2/28*
    Warzones

General
    Healers in Warzones now receive kill credit when a healed player kills an enemy. *UPDATED 2/28*
    Players affected by a Damage Over Time ability are no longer interrupted when interacting with objectives. *UPDATED 2/28*
    Battlemaster and Champion Commendations are now available on the PvP Vendor for Warzone and Mercenary Commendations. Champion Gear Bags are still available. *UPDATED 2/28*
    Valor gained from Warzones has been increased. *UPDATED 2/28*
    Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match. *UPDATED 2/28*
    Increased the Warzone AFK timeout from 60 seconds to 90 seconds. *UPDATED 2/28*

Alderaan Civil War
    The speeder bikes that transport players back to the battle now have a three-second activation time to increase the likelihood that an organized attacking team can successfully take the side turrets. *UPDATED 2/28*

World PvP

Ilum
    To improve Ilum performance, the two large defense turrets outside each base on the Western Shelf no longer fire lasers into the air.

UI

General
    The Shader Complexity preference now supports a "Very Low" option.
    Codex entry popups now display correctly for level 50 players when they are unlocked. *UPDATED 2/28*

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
    An issue that could cause players in guilds to be occasionally kicked from Groups and Operations Groups shortly after joining them has been corrected. *UPDATED 2/28*

One of the interesting ones I saw, which was why I looked it up was
    Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    One of the interesting ones I saw, which was why I looked it up was
    I guess that balances out being a healer vs dps/tank.

2.5k heal
    75k healing
    300k healing
    +1 other.

(as in they leveled out the playing field)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match. s
    wait...what ?
    that pretty much means in any warzone lasting longer then the warzone abort timer everyone gets at least 2k valor ...

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    I guess that balances out being a healer vs dps/tank.

2.5k heal
    75k healing
    300k healing
    +1 other.

(as in they leveled out the playing field)
    At lease there shouldn't be as much complaining "I'm a sniper, I can't get as many medals as other people." I mean, you still can't, but it doesn't matter as much anymore. To be fair too, I think they chose a limit of the first four because that seems to be about the average number I see people get in WZs on my server. I mean, there's always people who go over, but there's also always the people who only get a couple.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match.
    Not a fan of baseline rewards. If you play well you should be rewarded for playing beyond the average.

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    wait...what ?
    that pretty much means in any warzone lasting longer then the warzone abort timer everyone gets at least 2k valor ...
    They did say there were coming up with a reward for people as encouragement to not abandon games just because they are losing.

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Not a fan of baseline rewards. If you play well you should be rewarded for playing beyond the average.
    I think it has to do with class mechanics. Player X is a class that can tank, so he can get tank medals, player Y is a class that can heal, so he can get healer medals, I'm a sniper, I can only get dps medals. Like we haven't seen a lot of that in these forums.

Deleted
    At lease there shouldn't be as much complaining "I'm a sniper, I can't get as many medals as other people." I mean, you still can't, but it doesn't matter as much anymore. To be fair too, I think they chose a limit of the first four because that seems to be about the average number I see people get in WZs on my server. I mean, there's always people who go over, but there's also always the people who only get a couple.
    how can a sniper not get 4 medals ?
    10 kills
    25 kills
    killing blow
    solo kill
    300k damage
    2.5k single hit
    5k single hit(if hes lucky)

i mean if you dont join a match late when its about to end it should be no problem at all to get at least 5-7 medals.

They did say there were coming up with a reward for people as encouragement to not abandon games just because they are losing.
    WoW or Warhammer style deserter debuff that keeps you from joining another WZ would have been better imo.
    With this in place people will just sit it out in a corner after 4 medals. Not to mention the fact that loosing when this gets implemented will be more rewarding then winning post-patch.

Not that im ranting here now but Bioware is trying to please everyone a bit far ...
    Last edited by mmoce2a40eb88d; 2012-02-28 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    how can a sniper not get 4 medals ?
    10 kills
    25 kills
    killing blow
    solo kill
    300k damage
    2.5k single hit
    5k single hit(if hes lucky)

i mean if you dont join a match late when its about to end it should be no problem at all to get at least 5-7 medals.
    I never said a sniper couldn't get 4 medals. I said a sniper can't get healing/tank medals, so they can only get less than everyone else. I don't know why they chose 4 as the number, I put my theory up there. I never said I liked or did not like the change. I only said I thought it was interesting and it led me to look up the patch notes. Don't attack me because you don't like the changes. Come up with your own theory why they chose 4 instead, or go on the official forums and complain it should be a higher number like 6. I like 6 myself, that seems about right. Lower it to 300 each, first 6 medals, thats 1800 valor and 60 commendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    I'm sure MVP votes will still give you extra. Let's be honest, getting more medals in the current system doesn't mean you play better at all.

I've gotten 9 medals in my games as a Juggernaut where I did terrible damage, and really held my team back, and meanwhile I've played games where I carried the team with planting, scoring, and highest damage on my Marauder, and only got 4 medals.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I'm sure MVP votes will still give you extra. Let's be honest, getting more medals in the current system doesn't mean you play better at all.

I've gotten 9 medals in my games as a Juggernaut where I did terrible damage, and really held my team back, and meanwhile I've played games where I carried the team with planting, scoring, and highest damage on my Marauder, and only got 4 medals.
    I do wish they would add those goal-oriented medals, scoring in huttball, assisting in huttball, plating/disabling bombs in voidstar etc.

I do wish they would add those goal-oriented medals, scoring in huttball, assisting in huttball, plating/disabling bombs in voidstar etc.
    They said somewhere. In one of the dev q and a I think more objective medals were coming.

Amen. I mean how in the hell can a player cap the ball 3 times in a match or blow up 2 separate doors in Voidstar, and yet still only end up with 5 or 6 medals and only like 1600 objective points? And in the mean time, the kill and damage farmer gets 7 or 8 medals and 2000 or more objective points; and an MVP vote or 2 to boot.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Not to mention the fact that loosing when this gets implemented will be more rewarding then winning post-patch.
    I will have to agree at least a bit on that one.

I haven't PVP'd a whole lot lately due in part to only needing Valor to reach BM (the grind got me down) so unless the valor bonus for winning is a bit higher then a whole bunch of people will just get 4 medals and sit around (hopefully not of course)

There really needs a debuff, at least 15 min for those that leave once we lose a base / door / hutball score (god forbid a team can't make a comeback)

That being said, it will be nice to get atleast 2k valor from every warzone, since 4 medals is easy for commandos to get, but perhaps it should be 500 valor for first 4 and then 100 each after words

Deleted
    Don't think this has anything to do with that. If people are leaving the match just because they are losing they don't give a rat's butt about medals and valor anyway. Think this has simply more to do with the fact that many games are lost because people go out chasing medals, instead of actually playing the game. By limiting the number of medals you can earn they negate people's need to ignore the match and encourages them to take part.

Woot, they fixed the Codex entry pop ups for level 50s . That always bugged the crap out of me.
    Yub Yub

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post

I haven't PVP'd a whole lot lately due in part to only needing Valor to reach BM (the grind got me down) so unless the valor bonus for winning is a bit higher then a whole bunch of people will just get 4 medals and sit around (hopefully not of course)

There really needs a debuff, at least 15 min for those that leave once we lose a base / door / hutball score (god forbid a team can't make a comeback)

That being said, it will be nice to get atleast 2k valor from every warzone, since 4 medals is easy for commandos to get, but perhaps it should be 500 valor for first 4 and then 100 each after words
    It does also list separately "valor gained from warzones has been increased." I would guess that this is in reference to the amount you get for winning/losing, as if it just also referenced the medals, its basically listing it twice.

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 01:58 PM ----------

Also, come on. These two combined makes me willing to pick up the Ilum PvP quests again:
    General
    Players can now build credit towards the Battle for Ilum daily and weekly missions by playing Warzones. *UPDATED 2/28*
    Warzones

General
    Healers in Warzones now receive kill credit when a healed player kills an enemy. *UPDATED 2/28*

Deleted

I just looked it up in my screenshots.
    Huttball 6:0 win for our team, got 11 Medals:

1588 Valor
    115 Commendations

Alderaan 550:0 win, got 8 medals:
    1096 Valor
    81 Commendations

now i dont hunt medals, as a dps powertech i just do what i do, blow up stuff and taunt so to me this is rather meaningless.

what would be better suited is a scaled system.
    Say 500 Valor for scoring/planting bomb/capping a turret
    100 Valor for all the other ones
    that way you would really encourage objective based play cause the medals that really mean something would actually contribute your team.

Woot, they fixed the Codex entry pop ups for level 50s . That always bugged the crap out of me.
    Heck yeah, about time that always bugged me.

It does also list separately "valor gained from warzones has been increased." I would guess that this is in reference to the amount you get for winning/losing, as if it just also referenced the medals, its basically listing it twice.
    My bad, I didn't spot that in the notes, that will be nice ^^b

Also, come on. These two combined makes me willing to pick up the Ilum PvP quests again:
    Yeah, that will be nice, however I found that even at a DPS commando I would just heal people because I would end up getting more kills (since anyone whom would be in combat with who I heal dies I would get credit). But if it is now more consistant, that is another plus.

what would be better suited is a scaled system.
    Say 500 Valor for scoring/planting bomb/capping a turret
    100 Valor for all the other ones
    that way you would really encourage objective based play cause the medals that really mean something would actually contribute your team.
    That I will agree with as well, however objectives should always be the focus anyways. If the valor bonuses were bigger for objectives people would ultimately complain "Y U NO LET ME CAP U ALREADY BM!" etc etc

I am glad I stuck with the game, lots of nice changes coming!

Yeah, that will be nice, however I found that even at a DPS commando I would just heal people because I would end up getting more kills (since anyone whom would be in combat with who I heal dies I would get credit). But if it is now more consistant, that is another plus.
    Currently it is actually only if you have damaged them from what I have seen. I make it a point and use a few attacks here and there to get a kill count, but if I spend a match solely healing, I never get any kills. The same is in Ilum when the world PvP actually happens. If I don't tag someone, I never get kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i shouldnt comment since i dont play anymore. But i did expect more of a fix to Ilum then what they did now.

They now simply said:

BW: Ilum will blow you away with incredibly large scale battles.
    Community: Ilum is causing horrible problems for so many people please fix it
    BW: We are aware of the issues and we are working on a solution
    BW: We fixed Ilum all.

Warzones
    *Delete Ilum*

Community: Wonderfully EA, so much work put into that and effort. An incredible solution.

Sorry i kept following SWTOR the past months looking forward to see the 1.2 state.. But this seriously made me nerd rage. This is saying or game engine cant handle anything above 16 players in one zone. So instead of admitting that and fixing it. We are simply going to eliminate anything that is above 16. With this change the hope for OPvP in SWTOR just died. And ever seeing large scale WZ's is also out of the window.

Sorry if i sound negative, wish i could sound positive but this for me was the final straw that broke the camel's back. This has left me hopeless the PvP in SWTOR ever will become decend. And i also have the feeling if it would ever become decend they are way to late. With GW2 / TERA / Secret world and so many other possibly great games being released this year SWTOR will need to cling on for dear life.

/rant

To give a description how i would feel because of this line.. is cheated. Promise something in Q&A's which is not deliverd. Ah well i already quite so i dont have a reason to be upset and most wont even care about my opinion anyways.

Sorry for the rant and the bad english.