Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    ahahha wow, you're not too bright are you? Where'd she get it?
    Now your being rude.

I know where she got it from. What is your point, does it matter if she got it from her mother or father?

Stop being silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Statistically speaking, if you look at English history and the roles of genders going back hundreds of years and apply the concept that last names for people who are not royalty come from professions and family traits..... Harry Potter's name came from a woman.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Allow me to ask again. Give a logical, rational response saying why the baby should be named after the father. I have given you my opinion on your rants already.

Not at all. I am addressing a specific point in your argument, ie that names come from the father. The original source of your last name has nothing to do with your gender.
    b/c we are ALL named after our fathers.
    So unless you HAVE to be in bizarro backwards land all the time....
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Because I think it's an extremly bad reason. If you don't like the fact that I think it's a bad reason, tough.[COLOR="red"]
    And yet it IS a reason, and also the norm for our society. If you don't like it, tough.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Statistically speaking, if you look at English history and the roles of genders going back hundreds of years and apply the concept that last names for people who are not royalty come from professions and family traits..... Harry Potter's name came from a woman.
    Nice, and only a slice of the picture, before they were english they were?
    And back then names came from?
    Follow it, you want to go historical, ok, but go back all the way. Don;t pick up in the middle and use it without the context of the rest of history.

---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Now your being rude.

I know where she got it from. What is your point, does it matter if she got it from her mother or father?

Stop being silly.
    No, that is the correct response for an obvious trolling-esk post. If you got your name from your mother, she got it from her father, that means it's yet again a MAN's name, so she dressed it two-fold in bs to have a lol at me, and I just kept on. Rude is replying without spending the time to actually read the previous posts and have a clue.

ANYWAYS, leaving this sad excuse for a thread for a thread with less self-fapping feministic misogynists who claim to understand all about children and such, though they clearly would never have them, especially with a MAN yuck! Some people need to stop doing everything backwards to reality just for the point of continuing to be unhappy in life anyhow.)

OP, I stand by my first reply. If she needs to hold her FATHERS name over your own, it's not due to the child.
    Just be a good Dad, let the rest sort itself out, it will, I promise.

User infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-03-02 at 08:38 AM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright than, I'll play along. So what if the mother's last name comes from her father? In that case.... by taking her name, the child's name will have a male source, and because you seem to believe this to be of vital importance, there is absolutely nothing to lose from choosing the mother's fathers name over the father's father's name. So your argument cancels itself out

From her mother?

Seriously though you are focusing on the wrong things, you assume a woman got a problem bearing a mans surname and then make some rubbish argument about all surnames being mans name, when in reality it problably got nothing to do with her having a problem with having a name that is a "mans" name, she might just simply like her name more, in OP's case where there seem to be little warm feelings left between him and the mother of his unborn child I could totally understand why the mother would want her own child to have her name, a name that she associate with good people, her parents and family.

And OP wants his name because of similiar things.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Follow it, you want to go historical, ok, but go back all the way. Don;t pick up in the middle and use it without the context of the rest of history..
    Going further back... Harry of London? Harry of Whales? Harry of.... so on and so forth. If he wasn't royalty, he didn't have a last name assigned to his lineage

Follow it, you want to go historical, ok, but go back all the way. Don;t pick up in the middle and use it without the context of the rest of history.

---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 09:14 AM ----------

No, that is the correct response for an obvious trolling-esk post. If you got your name from your mother, she got it from her father, that means it's yet again a MAN's name, so she dressed it two-fold in bs to have a lol at me, and I just kept on. Rude is replying without spending the time to actually read the previous posts and have a clue.
    Nope, if one is polite a rude response is never deserved. And I was definitely not tolling.

Anyway your point fails because:

No one cares if the original source of the name was a male or female!
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-03-01 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not true. My sister has two kids, both with her last name, not the name of the father. Perhaps for those of us born back in the 70s - 80s, that may have been the pattern. Today, it really is up to the mother. That mother may have different ideas of what "should be", relying on culture, tradition or such.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by senshu View Post
    And yet it IS a reason and also the norm for our society. If you don't like it, tough.
    That must be why I said, "it's an extremely bad reason".

And really, what's your problem? You're the one who volunteered up a reason and I gave you my views on why I think it's a bad reason, so now you are all worked up over, what, something you claim to not care about?

---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 05:19 PM ----------

Alright than, I'll play along. So what if the mother's last name comes from her father? In that case.... by taking her name, the child's name will have a male source, and because you seem to believe this to be of vital importance, there is absolutely nothing to lose from choosing the mother's fathers name over the father's father's name. So your argument cancels itself out
    That's been explained to him multiple times. I'm fairly certain he's not listening.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-03-01 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    That must be why I said, "it's an extremely bad reason".

And really, what's your problem? You're the one who volunteered up a reason and I gave you my views on why I think it's a bad reason, so now you are all worked up over, what, something you claim to not care about?
    And, in turn, your opinion is a very bad one. Why? Because it's based on nothing more than fem-nazi nonsense, like most of the drivel you subject this forum to. They are free to give it any last name they choose, yes. But there is a societal and cultural norm here, and in most cases that is enough for people. That you think it's a poor reason is fine: yet you have no better reason to counter it.

Actually I believe that the norm is to take the mothers last name if she is going to be a single parent and raise the child...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senshu View Post
    And, in turn, your opinion is a very bad one. Why? Because it's based on nothing more than fem-nazi nonsense, like most of the drivel you subject this forum to. They are free to give it any last name they choose, yes. But there is a societal and cultural norm here, and in most cases that is enough for people. That you think it's a poor reason is fine: yet you have no better reason to counter it.
    But the point of this thread doesn't cover the societal norm. What matters is how the courts will view it. And seeing as there is a large amount of legal precedence against the father's name being used when a couple breaks up, there is obviously something more to the argument than "fem-nazi nonsense."

This thread has gone a little too far into the dark side.

Closing.