Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guild Wars graphic settings, showing flexibility of the engine

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/guil...s-walkthrough/

An actual useful video from these guys!
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Good stuff, the water reflection is really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    An actual useful video from these guys!
    PCGamer seem to be somewhat more competent than most press who were in the beta.

Deleted
    Thanks for the link

I'm really happy that low settings still looks really good. Sometimes a game can look fantastic on high but just plain ugly on low (rift imo) but it still looks great and 'clear' (for lack of a better word).

I think I'll put options like AA to low (seem to have the biggest hit for me) but particle and distance details up.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Embedded.

Very cool, thanks for this.

Deleted
    /drool! thats all.

Wow even the low settings look really good, still makes me want to upgrade from my crappy dual core computer. Thanks for this, very nice.

Things glaringly missing at first glimpse:

1. FSAA
    2. FOV adjustment

Brownie points for stereoscopic rendering. 3D glasses aren't my thing, but it's always good to support emerging new tech.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow bejesus.... those low end settings... insert mfw.jpeg here... they're SOOOO GOOD!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Wow, it still looks surprisingly good on low settings. I wonder at what setting I will be able to play the game at once its optimized.

Pretty god damn impressive tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Anet should give some other developers design lessons.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    May also note that they are not playing in 1080p there, its set to 1600 something, so it will look even better.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-02-29 at 05:51 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    May also note that they are not playing in 1080p there, its set to 1600 something, so it will look even better.
    Oh damn, I didn't even notice that.

May also note that they are not playing at 1080p there, its set to 1600 something, so it will look even better.
    1680x1050 is one of the most common resolutions found in modern PC monitors in sub-23 inch range. It's a true 16:10 (rather then narrow "tank viewport" of 16:9). It's higher resolution "brother" would be 1920x1200.

Deleted
    Me gusta! Thanks for link

Which youtube scaled down. Quality (besides losing res) usually only gets destroyed when the aspect ratio is lost, which in this case that did happen.

So if any case, the quality is worse.

It could be 2080p for all we know and it will still look like its being recorded in 720p, because of youtube.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    /faint

Its amazing how beautiful the game still looks on the lowest settings, and how well it performed on the highest settings during all that WvW action. And this is the performance un-optimized!!!!!

/faint x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    /faint

Its amazing how beautiful the game still looks on the lowest settings, and how well it performed on the highest settings during all that WvW action. And this is the performance un-optimized!!!!!

/faint x 2
    Looking good on low settings is not a good thing, because it doesn't make a huge difference in performance. It should look bad, because at that point you're trying to get performance over graphics.

I am disappointed with the performance, the computer he used is well worth over $700 without peripherals and hardrives and it is noticeably struggling even on the lowest settings.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Brownie points for stereoscopic rendering. 3D glasses aren't my thing, but it's always good to support emerging new tech.
    !

Time to buy a new screen!