Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    level 1 level 10 level 80, whats the difference? The game starts at first level so whats the point to rush to 80....
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    I usually rush to the level cap but GW2 is different I'll take my time and enjoy the events, I want to take part in as many as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    Im just gonna run around and try to do everything in every zone, get all those skill points out there... exploring those caves and all that stuff!
    This pretty much /explorer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    level 1 level 10 level 80, whats the difference? The game starts at first level so whats the point to rush to 80....
    Higher level zones, (higher level) dungeons and DE's, utility/elite skills, WvWvW (not completely on par with a higher level player there), etc. There's still a difference, just not so much as in other MMO's.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna enjoy it to the max by doing lots of content!
    I think I'll focus on the Personal Story before anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I will focus on one or the other really, will probably be a mix between sitting 15 hours straight just leveling and going "omg look, must explore that shit right now!" and other random stuff.

Is there any point in rushing through GW2?

As far as I was aware, your level is more of an indicator of how much you've played, than being 100% stats related.

I will try to be max level as fast as possible, but still fully enjoying it - which wont be hard I guess lol.
    But in general I want to reach max lvl first, by doing so I will naturally learn all skills, treats etc., before I step in into competitive PvP.
    And since almost whatever I do will give me XP... then I guess I will simply enjoy the game .
    Not sure yet how much time Ill be able to focus on nolifing in there at start... 2 weeks would be neat :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think as long as people do not have the idea of rushing ahead to do "endgame content" then if they want to hit max level fast it's entirely their choice. I'm worried about people trying to do what they do in most MMO's post launch though- race to the end and then complain they have nothing to do.

Depends on everyone else, really. I usually level quickly, but if I find myself outpacing the masses I may slow down so I can continue to get epic groups for dynamic content. Leveling in an empty zone is zzZzzzZZ. Rift recently reminded me of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

my schedule wont allow for a zerg to 80. so i'm going to put their claim about endgame starting at lvl 1 to the test, and just play the game and not worry about what level i am

I will be going for max level, going to take a week off from work when it's released.

Deleted
    I would rather enjoy the game and it's beautiful arts. And follow my in-game story-line and take my time to make the right decisions and do what I want, rather than go ding ding ding ding ding....

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I won't be worried about levels. I'll just be playing the game, and the levels will come as I go.

I'm actually hoping it takes a while to hit 80. I don't like how people can hit the max level within the first week of the game, but my first and favorite MMO had a level cap so high that I don't think anyone hit it for at least 2-3 years. I know it wouldn't take 2-3 years in GW2 and I wouldn't want it to take anywhere near that long, but a week is pretty lame.
    What mmo is that?

I am going to take my time to level. That is always more enjoyable then endgame for me. I love exploring and seeing everything. I leave no stone unturned.

I will take my time, but it will probably take me a week of casual playing to get to max level anyways.

There is nothing that truly would encourage to get to max level. Not when there is so much to enjoy.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bane123 View Post
    I will take my time, but it will probably take me a week of casual playing to get to max level anyways.
    It will take 100 hours or so, if you play on one character that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post

\

Aww, don't ruin it for them! I'm looking forward to all of the "OMG LEVELING TAKES FOREVER" posts after release.

Not to mention the following " So what's the point of being max level WTB END GAME" posts there after.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I thought the levelling curve was relatively flat? Did the developers say it would take around 100 hours to get to 80, if so it'd take me some weeks then

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in no real rush. My first week I will be deciding on my first main. It will most likely be my Guardian, but my Thief is looking more and more appealing. Or perhaps my Necro or Mesmer will take the first spot? Who knows. After I decide, I will catch up with the rest of the guild while experience pvp and pve content.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!