Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My reason for going strait for 80 goes along with Fencers post. There is no reason to not be max level since when I go back to levels it wont just be a mindless zerg. I can enjoy the events and leveling then just go do exploration later or on another character.

Since i never really played much guildwars, i think in GW2 i'll prob just enjoy leveling and get to knowmy character, i'll prob reroll about 20 times to find a class i like

Deleted
    I'll enjoy leveling, max level doesn't count that much in this game anyway.

Leveling doesn't bother me at all. Actually I'm looking forward to it. Often in WoW I'd quickly out level an area that I was interested in for story, this would make the entire story and event unimportant. GW2 fixes this by automatically levelling a charter down to the appropriate level; this is a good thing because now I can enjoy the story and challenge of the appropriate level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but not every game revolves around the end-game.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but Guild Wars 2 is all about the end game. It's just not conventional end game. The scaling down of characters to the PvE content and the scaling up of characters in PvP content makes the whole game "End Game."
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly not too sure yet. Most games I try to just sit and enjoy leveling but my buddies end up getting too far ahead and don't want to backtrack (even with down scaling, I bet)

So I'll probably end up enjoying as much as possible and went I see fit, try leveling quickly. But who knows, Guild Wars 2 leveling content might be a whole different perspective for me so, we'll see.

My main attraction to this game is WvW. I'd like to be higher level in order to compete with more chance of less rage, haha.
    Oh, noooo, I'm so sorry. It's The Moops. The correct answer is, The Moops.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I think the very first thing I will do is jump into the mists and play with my character build. So, technically, I'll be going to max level right away, and then going right back to the leveling process. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but Guild Wars 2 is all about the end game. It's just not conventional end game. The scaling down of characters to the PvE content and the scaling up of characters in PvP content makes the whole game "End Game."
    If endgame is doing the exact same thing you'd be doing while leveling, then how are the two any different? As far as this game goes, this discussion is fairly useless, considering GW2 endgame and it's leveling process are almost entirely one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    If endgame is doing the exact same thing you'd be doing while leveling, then how are the two any different? As far as this game goes, this discussion is fairly useless, considering GW2 endgame and it's leveling process are almost entirely one and the same.
    Saying it that way is because people are very accustomed to the two being separate. Explaining it that way, saying "All of it is end game" is just a way of getting people to understand that there is no separation. That the leveling content is just as important (and challenging, and fun) as the max-level-only content.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-06 at 03:49 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Not quite, since at level 80 you can do explorable modes and some special elite area's where if you go there when you're low level you'd get owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Not quite, since at level 80 you can do explorable modes and some special elite area's where if you go there when you're low level you'd get owned.
    Hopefully there are a bunch of the elite area's, haven't read/watched too much on those yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Well okay, but I highly doubt that doing those would keep you non-stop entertained for more than a few months. You'd burn out on them. I know the dungeons have MANY different routes to follow, but there are only about 5(?) types of atmospheres to dungeon in. To me, being in the same atmosphere for multiple dungeons is really boring. That was one thing I liked about WoW earlier on - lots of dungeons as you leveled, all with different types of mobs, in different landscapes, working towards different goals. I feel like each explorable mode will be very fun, don't get me wrong, but the idea of going through the same type or form of dungeon more than a few times seems a little boring to me.

The elite areas are really awesome as well, but you can only shove so many DEs into a zone. Eventually, we'll have experienced almost all of them and find a limited about of joy in going after them. Now, all of this "eventually" I'm talking about must come with all games. It means it's time for an expansion pack, or a patch with new dungeons and sets of DEs. However, because this isn't a sub based game, we'll probably have to wait for expansions to get remarkable amounts of fresh DEs and dungeons.

Through this, why get burnt out even earlier? I understand if you don't think the lower level DEs look enjoyable, that's perfectly fine, but I can imagine jumping all the way to max level, doing some truly badass stuff, then feeling totally pointless mucking around in farms trying to kill worms. I'd rather appreciate the simpler experiences you get while leveling before it's somewhat overshadowed by the endgame content. Makes the experience last longer for me, but maybe the ability of larger experiences toppling leveling content is just a personal problem I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumms View Post
    I'm honestly not too sure yet. Most games I try to just sit and enjoy leveling but my buddies end up getting too far ahead and don't want to backtrack (even with down scaling, I bet)

So I'll probably end up enjoying as much as possible and went I see fit, try leveling quickly. But who knows, Guild Wars 2 leveling content might be a whole different perspective for me so, we'll see.
    The only content that they would have any reason to make "easier for leveling" that might not be as good as high end zones is the pre 30 zones, anything 30+ can be designed in the same way for the same difficulty after player scaling. Main reason I say this is because at 30 is when you unlock the last slot in your action bar and upon getting the elite skill any skills you get therefor after are merely for situational combat and to have different styles of game play that you want to do. But since there is no "get skill xxx at level yyy" and you choose which skills to unlock first the only time you are lacking of skills to be able to balance so that a 80 has no skill advantage over a lower level toon is below 29 which is probably why the first dungeon is 30 so that it can assume you have a full action bar to work with so that 80s doing it don't have an advantage over say a 25 doing it since minimum is 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they deliver what they say they are there will not be as much reason in rushing to max level. If the whole game really is end game, then why bother rushing anything?
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    i believe leveling will just be a convenient side effect to just going out and having fun in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how underpowered being under the level cap actually is. Take WoW for example. In Vanilla, the difference between a level 60 and a level 50 wasn't much partly due to getting tier sets and nice gear took much longer. I didn't mind going around the world in a PvP environment because as a level 20, 30, 40, I had a chance to either get away, or team up with some other low levels and fight back. It wasn't like TBC, Wrath, or Cata where a max level can just come and in one shot me.

Now I know in GW2, you scale up in the world PvP area. But if the difference is enough where it's not fun for me to be there at a low level, then I'll just hurry up to the max level. Otherwise, I'll just take it easy and enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well okay, but I highly doubt that doing those would keep you non-stop entertained for more than a few months. You'd burn out on them. I know the dungeons have MANY different routes to follow, but there are only about 5(?) types of atmospheres to dungeon in. To me, being in the same atmosphere for multiple dungeons is really boring. That was one thing I liked about WoW earlier on - lots of dungeons as you leveled, all with different types of mobs, in different landscapes, working towards different goals. I feel like each explorable mode will be very fun, don't get me wrong, but the idea of going through the same type or form of dungeon more than a few times seems a little boring to me.

The elite areas are really awesome as well, but you can only shove so many DEs into a zone. Eventually, we'll have experienced almost all of them and find a limited about of joy in going after them. Now, all of this "eventually" I'm talking about must come with all games. It means it's time for an expansion pack, or a patch with new dungeons and sets of DEs. However, because this isn't a sub based game, we'll probably have to wait for expansions to get remarkable amounts of fresh DEs and dungeons.

Through this, why get burnt out even earlier? I understand if you don't think the lower level DEs look enjoyable, that's perfectly fine, but I can imagine jumping all the way to max level, doing some truly badass stuff, then feeling totally pointless mucking around in farms trying to kill worms. I'd rather appreciate the simpler experiences you get while leveling before it's somewhat overshadowed by the endgame content. Makes the experience last longer for me, but maybe the ability of larger experiences toppling leveling content is just a personal problem I have.
    Arenanet said they're at the point to where they can make dynamic events relatively quick, and that they aren't going to tell us when they add them in for a suprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    It depends on how underpowered being under the level cap actually is. Take WoW for example. In Vanilla, the difference between a level 60 and a level 50 wasn't much partly due to getting tier sets and nice gear took much longer. I didn't mind going around the world in a PvP environment because as a level 20, 30, 40, I had a chance to either get away, or team up with some other low levels and fight back. It wasn't like TBC, Wrath, or Cata where a max level can just come and in one shot me.

Now I know in GW2, you scale up in the world PvP area. But if the difference is enough where it's not fun for me to be there at a low level, then I'll just hurry up to the max level. Otherwise, I'll just take it easy and enjoy it.
    in WvWvW your base stats scale to 80 but your gear stats do not, but gear makes up a small chunk of your stats and comparing how fast you die if you do not dodge damage that small chunk of stats will make very little difference, its not like WoWs bloated stats where at 85 if your in all level 1 gear you have 20K health but if in all level 85 epics you have 190Khealth. Your major disadvantage low levels is not so much gear because of dodging, but rather how many class skills you have unlocked, if your in there at level 2 with no class skills odds are a 80 with all 4 extra slots (3 class normal slot 1 class elite slot) unlocked will have an advantage.

But with that being said if you are playing on day 1 and you are doing WvWvW odds are most the people in there will not be much (if any) higher then you since there are DEs in WvW as well which you level on, your only real disadvantage leveling in WvW is the mobs take a bit longer to kill since they are designed for level 80 gear and weapons not lower level gear/weapons, so with that difference you can probably figure that by the time someone in PvE hits level 30 (to unlock elite) even if you have been doing WvW odds are your at least level 25 with all the WvW DEs, so no big deal your only lacking 1 skill slot but have pretty equal gear to that person who is coming in 5 levels higher then you.

I will enjoy the game. Never liked max level rushing. That's why I probably don't have alts in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    i believe leveling will just be a convenient side effect to just going out and having fun in the game
    Pretty much what I think as well And then there will be PvP ... nuff said.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.