Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are you getting to max level asap or enjoying levling slow?

So as the title says: I'm curious to see if there is actually anyone here who will try to get to max level 1st on the server/world/EU/US etc or are you all going to level slow, enjoy the game, explore etcetc

I'm going to take it easy and have fun

Max level. I do not enjoy the experience of being under the maximum level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will take my time exploring Tyria until it gets tired of me and rolls over to sleep...

Yes, I went there.

Joking aside! I will definitely be taking my time in PvE, but also I would love to rush headfirst into WvW. I want to shout orders, hurl foes (Guardian w/Hammer), and shield my friends in trouble!

I will just play the game. I'm not going to worry about levels (especially as it doesn't really mean a whole lot in this game).

I won't be worried about levels. I'll just be playing the game, and the levels will come as I go.

I'm actually hoping it takes a while to hit 80. I don't like how people can hit the max level within the first week of the game, but my first and favorite MMO had a level cap so high that I don't think anyone hit it for at least 2-3 years. I know it wouldn't take 2-3 years in GW2 and I wouldn't want it to take anywhere near that long, but a week is pretty lame.

Deleted
    With the level cap raised when entering PvP, I don't see the reason to rush with such a vast world to explore. I think i'll be taking it the speed I do every MMO, If i want to level quickly at the time i'll do it, if i dont i'll sit and read quests/ try to find wall climbing bugs, the countless hours i spent doing that on WoW is insane..

I'm gonna go ahead and rush to 80 as quick as I can, then go back and do everything I missed. Yay for sidekicking. I am very interested in what lv 80 PvE is going to be like, and wouldn't mind getting (at least) a server first kill on some of those explore mode dungeons. Got a lot of them in Rift, although getting in a week early made it quite a bit easier.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

Levelling will pretty much just be a side effect of exploring the game for me. I might frantically do as much as possible, but it won't be because I want to level. I just want to experience as much of the game as possible.
    I mean, I'll be aware of such things as what features are triggered at what level, and will use them, but I really don't understand the point of rushing to max level in a game that has no standard MMO endgame catered for at max level.
    I'm sure there will be many things to do at only max level, like Orr I guess, but the whole endgame starts at level one thing means I want as much "end game" as possible throughout the whole game

In every MMO I've played so far I've enjoyed leveling and exploring the most - I suppose it answers all
    With so many starting areas, huge map, challenges, dynamic events etc I shall just wonder around bringing ...peace and happiness... chaos and destruction to everyone I'll meet

With no designated "end game" content and downscaling to area level I really see no point in rushing to level cap

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no reason to. I might speed up to level 30ish, for the dungeon and elite skill, but that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by rupreht View Post
    With no designated "end game" content and downscaling to area level I really see no point in rushing to level cap
    The downscaling is nice because it means the content will still be somewhat challenging. However once you get to level 80 you will have many more utility skills and trait options. For me personally, I just enjoy my PvE game with more options on abilities to use. What's really cool is that going back to play in those areas won't be "just to see what it's like." It will be going to different places to get skill points so I can unlock even more utility skills.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I would feel the same way as you if I had to wait til level 50-60-70-80-85 to have access to the skills and abilities I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Getting to 80 as fast as I can. I'll enjoy the game and double back on things I missed helping my guild mates out and pvp'ing like crazy.

I won't really be focusing on what level I am, really. If I go at such a pace that I end up rushing to max level anyway, so be it. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Levels don't mean a whole lot in GW2. I'll just be playing the game, exploring at whatever pace feels good when I get my hands on it.

... giggity?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Levels don't mean a whole lot in GW2. I'll just be playing the game, exploring at whatever pace feels good when I get my hands on it.

... giggity?
    Well, technically they do for world vs. world content a level 80 should kick the crap out of a lower level player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be enjoying myself, as others have said leveling isn't all that important in GW2 compared to other MMO's but even still i'll explore areas to their fullest and make alot of alt's etc before getting into leveling my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Same... I absolutely LOATHE leveling

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I'm tired of rushing to max level and finding not a lot there. What a waste of my time. Other people want to do it, more power to them. I want to enjoy the journey this time. I'm going back to the way I used to enjoy games prior to raiding in WoW (rush to level, rush to get gear, rush to progess through the raid dungeon). I want to play for the fun of it.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I'll just take it as it comes. I do like to hammer out levels but it's more like "ooo I can get another level tonight" then "ok, just one more" and so on until I'm face down and my keyboard is full of drool. But I'm not going to try and push it by skipping quest text or zones.