Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    nsh. ill enjoy exploring around.. levels will come from DE's i find along the way and mobs i kill

10+ Year Old Account
    Just try do everything I possibly can, so hopefully that's before I hit 80.
    Last edited by Nurabashi; 2012-02-29 at 08:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    My first character, I rushed through the content under intense pressure from my guild. "Hurry up, get to 80!"

My second, third and fourth, I took it nice and slow. I explored the content, read quest text and immersed myself within the story of the zone. I also spread out across the continent, so I could learn each zones story and how the cataclysm affected them and all that stuffs.

Yeah, that's about it.
    Last edited by Hoofshock; 2012-02-29 at 03:42 AM.

Haven't read through the two pages of replies but I'm assuming someone's mentioned that there's no need to race to max. I'll gladly enjoy my time in this game which is a welcome change of pace from WoW. End game starts at level 1 essentially, thus there's no reason to rush which is awesome! I'll be taking my sweet ol' time leveling to 80 =]
    The Glowing Piece of Radical Rock!

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely taking my time, absorbing errrrthang like a sponge.

I guess it depends on what my friends do, we will most likely just race eachother to max level like we usually do. I for one want to have at least 1 character at max when most people start getting there.

Rushed or not, my second character will be a lot slower and more thorough in experiencing the world of Tyria.

I'm not going to specificly focus on maximizing my XP per hour but I do plan to play the game into the dirt and then cast revive on it and keep on going. Considering that most activities grant XP in some way shape or form I'll probabbly level a bit faster than average.

Who is John Galt?

I'm not going to rush but I'm also not going to spend a lot of time re-rolling alts. Find one after the first day or so and stick with it until the end.

I made the mistake in TOR when I had one character I only played with a couple friends, one character when another friend was on, one when other friends on another server, and a last one when nobody was on. After getting them all to around 38 the game just wore me out doing the same thing over and over again. I don't want to start a GW vs TOR argument, just stating my experience on the last game I tried to level alts as end game just isn't that important to me in RPGs.

In GW2 it sounds like I'll be able to stick to my one character and play with whoever I want whenever without being too high or low for certain content. I don't care about doing the same dynamic even over and over, but out leveling something just isn't fun.

Will be the first MMO I play since launch so I'm going to experience as much as I can since you'll never get to experience that again once the first month or so is over.

Deleted
    I'll go for max level yeah, just for WvWvW. All the PvE content gets scaled down anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levels are so superficial in this game that I don't see a reason to rush. Personally I'll just be playing the damn thing.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Max level. I do not enjoy the experience of being under the maximum level.
    Well you're going to be under max level a lot. You're forced to be downscaled to like a level 8 in like a level 5 zone the entire game.

You also get most of your skills around level 30 or so since you buy them with points. Ideally past 40 it wont make a difference if you leveled up or not.

(Speed) Leveling is completely irrelevant in guild wars 2.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Well you're going to be under max level a lot. You're forced to be downscaled to like a level 8 in like a level 5 zone the entire game.

You also get most of your skills around level 30 or so since you buy them with points. Ideally past 40 it wont make a difference if you leveled up or not.

(Speed) Leveling is completely irrelevant in guild wars 2.
    This has no bearing on the fact I do not enjoy being level 20 when the cap is 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This has no bearing on the fact I do not enjoy being level 20 when the cap is 80.
    You can be level 80, but as soon as you walk out of town you'll be a level 5 for example.

The side kick system is involuntary.

So no matter what, you're not going to be max level every where you go.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    You can be level 80, but as soon as you walk out of town you'll be a level 5 for example.

The side kick system is involuntary.

So no matter what, you're not going to be max level every where you go.
    This again has no bearing on my enjoyment of reaching the level cap.

Deleted
    I'll do whatever I feel like! One of the thousands reason I want to play GW2

Deleted
    Leveling slow of course.

This isn't a traditional mmo, no point to race to max level. I will be enjoying myself slowly of course breathing in the awesome environment of guild wars and since I am a GW1 fan I will be trying to find any reference to the old world I possibly can haha.

Btw guys please stop feeding the trolls.

Theres really no benefit to levelling up as quickly as possible. There are no raids to do and you can still do WvW PVP if youre not max level. I plan to level up with my friends, so the speed I level up will be dictated by the speed they level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally in MMOs I race as fast as I can to the max level to enjoy the end-game, but this time I’m going to listen to ANet and act like the whole game is end-game.