Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see, perhaps I'll rush, perhaps I'll just explore everything and level up slowly. But it's a true nolifing festival nevertheless. Going to grab loads of sodas, chips, fruits, snacks, frozen food, water, coffee, chocolate and all the other good stuff as well. I just hope the launch will be on Thursday, maybe even Wednesday, that way I can guarantee 4-5 days off to just enjoy the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    There's no reason to. I might speed up to level 30ish, for the dungeon and elite skill, but that's it.
    This. There's absolutely 0 reason to rush to 80.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hsm View Post
    We'll see, perhaps I'll rush, perhaps I'll just explore everything and level up slowly. But it's a true nolifing festival nevertheless. Going to grab loads of sodas, chips, fruits, snacks, frozen food, water, coffee, chocolate and all the other good stuff as well. I just hope the launch will be on Thursday, maybe even Wednesday, that way I can guarantee 4-5 days off to just enjoy the game.
    '

This I can understand, but that mindless rushing I can't. Why would people rush to lvl 80. The entire game is end-game. There are no raids, just explorable mode dungeons (once you've completed the regular version at least once). How are you going to be doing those if you are the only one at max level. Yes I understand the idea of downscaling, but that's not the point. I mean, how fun can it be to run around in an area alone, doing dynamic events. By yourself. It's doable because of the way everything scales, but come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Max level will be the first priority then I'll just go back through the zones and do whatever I feel like doing. : )

Well I'm making 9 alts on release and play whatever I feel like while mainly focusing on my warrior. So no, I won't be rushing.

There's no end-game PvE like WoW so I don't see any reason to rush. And if I understood correctly, when you visit lower level zones for quests/etc you get downgraded to effectively lower level anyway.

Slow and steady wins the race.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I also will be taking my time, exploring all the zones and events and stuff as I go. I'm also strongly tempted by WvWvW, though not usually being a PvP fan, this has me intrigued and looks like a lot of fun. I figure I'll just jump in there when the fancy takes me, be I level 1 or 80 or somewhere in between.

Deleted
    Depending on how easy access will be to world pvp and depending on xp gained. But since I want to spend most of my time in world pvp I will level same time I play it.
    But I'm not chasing maxlvl, simply because I don't have to. I will get there when I get there =)

I will be leveling 1-80 in WvWvW so however long that takes me. I couldnt care less about PVE so Im probably going to miss out on a lot of things but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and rush to 80 as quick as I can, then go back and do everything I missed. Yay for sidekicking. I am very interested in what lv 80 PvE is going to be like, and wouldn't mind getting (at least) a server first kill on some of those explore mode dungeons. Got a lot of them in Rift, although getting in a week early made it quite a bit easier.
    Um if the dynamic events are done the way they said they would be done, there would be no difference between "rushing to 80" and just doing whatever events you run into because of the sidekicking system, it sounded like if your level 40 doing a level 5 dynamic event when the event succeeds or fails you get the karma/xp/money as if it where a level 40 event since that was your true level and not as if it where level 5.

Correct me if I am wrong and if they changed this concept of "since going into a lower level zone you get scaled down to where your not "OP" you get the rewards for your level you are and not the level you get scaled down to", but I am fairly certain that's how they said they would handle events so that if you are level 74 and you get your friend into the game and he/she is level 3 you can go back and play with him while still earning rewards as if you where playing stuff your level so that you don't feel "punished" for playing with lower level friends.

I won;t be rushing. I will be taking my sweet time =D I plan on exploring every inch of Tyria all the while taming every pet i can get my hands on.
    Yep

Deleted
    I have no plans to get to max level asap. I want to enjoy it and don't want to rush it and miss something. I may end up liking it so much that I level to 80 very fast though, but that's not the plan atm.

Deleted
    Im just gonna run around and try to do everything in every zone, get all those skill points out there... exploring those caves and all that stuff!

Deleted
    I'll be rushing as I always do. My fondest memories from MMORPGs are all from the first months of a new launch. If I end up running out of content due to the blazing good times I've had - no problem what so ever, I will have spent so many hours that the purchase will have been well worth it. All according to my own schedule though, so there won't be any speed records broken =)

I don't think I'll feel the need to level up as quickly as in other games, specially after level 30.

GW2 doesn´t really have or if any end game, so I will level at my own pace. Probably very slowly (took 7 months 1-70 at start of TBC), was first time playing a 3d mmo tho.

Deleted
    I'm going to go slow, have fun and explore It's a brand new world to me

If I end up leveling quickly it's only because it's a side effect of me playing a lot and enjoying the game

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to take my time again. I am going to read the "quests", lore and just enjoy the game. Ill then make another toon and do the same. After 2 ill level fast as needed to play in endgame

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I won't be worried about levels. I'll just be playing the game, and the levels will come as I go.

I'm actually hoping it takes a while to hit 80. I don't like how people can hit the max level within the first week of the game, but my first and favorite MMO had a level cap so high that I don't think anyone hit it for at least 2-3 years. I know it wouldn't take 2-3 years in GW2 and I wouldn't want it to take anywhere near that long, but a week is pretty lame.
    They said what, 1.5 hours for every level above level 30 iirc, making it a flat progression?

I'm not going to go chasing levels, but I will play when I want and how I want and if I level I level. I believe it is 80 in GW2? Makes it 110 hours or so if early levels go faster? 100 hours is quite do-able in a week for people who are rushing.