Thread: Gaming Chair

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gaming Chair

Hi there.

I'm looking into getting myself a gaming chair, and am looking for a little advice. I found one that has what I want, but I'm really not looking to blow $700-$1000 on it. gamingchair.com/playseat-black-elite-computer-gaming-chair?category_id=64 <- Not allowed to post links, apparently.

All I really want are the two shelves at the end of the arms on a comfortable seat. It doesn't have to roll, it doesn't have to have speakers or anything crazy like that. I just want the shelves on the arms. Are there any other gaming chairs out there that have those, without costing $700? I only ask because I haven't found any.

Thanks in advance.

That Playseat chair is the only chair I've ever seen that has integrated platforms and the one you linked to on gamingchair.com (www.gamingchair.com/playseat-black-elite-computer-gaming-chair?category_id=64) seems to be the best price that I've seen.

A cheaper option might be to get a separate mouse/keyboard desk that is designed to fit on whatever chair you want, like this one: http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...tml?cid=123620.

The last thing I can think of is a portable desk that you can use with any chair like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Split-Top-Lapt...ata/B001SUCFQ8

Hope this helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people really buy this stuff? I could take my chair outside, screw some side tables like the chair in your link has and call it a day. I don't see the point of that?

Deleted
    so is this for fat people that can't lean forward or something?

10+ Year Old Account

Not sure why the toilet is connected to the microwave. I guess that makes this chair, "hot shit".
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

You should consider DIY.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post

Not sure why the toilet is connected to the microwave. I guess that makes this chair, "hot shit".
    lol gimme one off those! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Do people really buy this stuff? I could take my chair outside, screw some side tables like the chair in your link has and call it a day. I don't see the point of that?
    Yeah I'm kinda with this guy. Do people actually spent $700-$1,000 on a chair for gaming? I don't even think I'd find it comfortable to sit like that. I spent just over $1,000 on my gaming computer, I can't imagine in a million years spending that much on a chair. Maybe if it actually did things, other than have two rinky dink mini-tables at the edge of the arm rests. That's so ridiculous.....

My girlfriend uses a chair sort of like it, it has a little "desk" type think at the end of the right arm rest for her mouse, and she likes that. Although it's just a basic chair that was modded afterwards, and as far as I know it didn't cost anywhere near $700.
    Last edited by Mr Gnomage; 2012-03-01 at 12:05 AM.

Apparently, some people do. I've found a metric ton of chairs specially made for racing games...

The reason I'm looking for the two mini-desks is because I use a gamepad/mouse combo, instead of a keyboard. The way my desk/chair sit now, my wrists are bent weird and it starts to get painful during the 2 days a week I actually do marathon gaming.

I need a new chair anyways, and was looking for something with the two mini-desks. There's no freaking way I'm gonna spend that much on a chair, though. I might look into a DIY project, unless I can find something less expensive that fits my needs.

Thanks for the ideas, Bob.

1. Go to Staples (or other office supply store)
    2. Find char display area
    3. Sit on chairs
    4. Find most comfortable one
    5. Buy it for $100-$150
    6. Go home. Go to computer setup. Locate monitor. Under the monitor should be some sort of flat surface, sometimes called a desk.
    7. Place keyboard and mouse on desk
    8. Roll new chair up to desk.
    9. Use $300 saved on another graphics card in SLI
    10. Admire awesome graphics

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to agree with some of the others here. For that amount of money, you could buy a new nice chair and a new desk that is more comfortable for you to sit in. That or you could get a new chair and then attach the pieces to the end yourself. I would personally not spend that much money on a chair, but it is your money after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odentin View Post

All I really want are the two shelves at the end of the arms on a comfortable seat. It doesn't have to roll, it doesn't have to have speakers or anything crazy like that. I just want the shelves on the arms. Are there any other gaming chairs out there that have those, without costing $700? I only ask because I haven't found any.

Thanks in advance.
    You could just buy any Chair that feels comfortable to you and add the shelves yourself.

Get some wooden shelves, put some screws in it, place foam over it, take some leather or leather substitute, place it over the foam and glue/nail/tacker it to the bottomside of the shelves. Drill holes in the armrests of your chair and fix the shelves with screw nuts to it.

All in all maybe 3 hours of work and about 20 $ / € without the chair.

Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    3. Sit on chairs
    5. Buy it for $100-$150
    6. Go home. Go to computer setup. Locate monitor. Under the monitor should be some sort of flat surface, sometimes called a desk.
    I like you.

OP, why do you need such a chair? If you're close enough to your desk you should be able to reach at your keyboard and mouse just as if you had those things on the arm rest. Perhaps you'd be better off buying a good computer desk, with one of those slide-out trays for your peripherals? That's what I use, it's pretty handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gnomage View Post
    Yeah I'm kinda with this guy. Do people actually spent $700-$1,000 on a chair for gaming? I don't even think I'd find it comfortable to sit like that. I spent just over $1,000 on my gaming computer, I can't imagine in a million years spending that much on a chair. Maybe if it actually did things, other than have two rinky dink mini-tables at the edge of the arm rests. That's so ridiculous.....

My girlfriend uses a chair sort of like it, it has a little "desk" type think at the end of the right arm rest for her mouse, and she likes that. Although it's just a basic chair that was modded afterwards, and as far as I know it didn't cost anywhere near $700.
    1k dollar hardly gives you a "gaming" pc. Besides you will spend a lot of time in that chair rather get some quality than some piece of shit but yeah 700-1000 usd for a chair is a bit over the top :P.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    I'm going to agree with some of the others here. For that amount of money, you could buy a new nice chair and a new desk that is more comfortable for you to sit in. That or you could get a new chair and then attach the pieces to the end yourself. I would personally not spend that much money on a chair, but it is your money after all.
    Have to agree to this one.

For $700 (or much less) you could buy a very nice chair+desk setup.

My current chair+desk setup cost about $150-200 ($100 for the chair and another $50-100 for the desk, Ikea is the shits), and it's a very decent setup that has worked for me for years.

If you pay more than 200$ for a chair your just ripping yourself off
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    3. Sit on chairs
    5. Buy it for $100-$150
    Hilarious. It's almost as if you didn't read what I posted. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    OP, why do you need such a chair? If you're close enough to your desk you should be able to reach at your keyboard and mouse just as if you had those things on the arm rest. Perhaps you'd be better off buying a good computer desk, with one of those slide-out trays for your peripherals? That's what I use, it's pretty handy.
    As I said above: The way my desk is now, doing any kind of marathon gaming gets painful. I'm NOT going to spend anywhere near as much as the chair I posted in the OP. That was an example. I don't use a keyboard when gaming, I use a gamepad. A razer nostromo. Hence why I need the shelves on each arm. My chair's falling apart, so I need a new one. I don't need a new desk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a g13, and have used the n52 in the past. Ive never found it uncomfortable to use for long stretches.

Try moving the pad further away from you so your wrist is not bent so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odentin View Post
    Hilarious. It's almost as if you didn't read what I posted. At all.

As I said above: The way my desk is now, doing any kind of marathon gaming gets painful. I'm NOT going to spend anywhere near as much as the chair I posted in the OP. That was an example. I don't use a keyboard when gaming, I use a gamepad. A razer nostromo. Hence why I need the shelves on each arm. My chair's falling apart, so I need a new one. I don't need a new desk.
    GL finding a decent chair with those ridiculous shelves for the price of a good chair and keyboard tray. Can you not screw one into your desk?

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post

i NEED this chair!