Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Oh well, EA's bullshit ethics will start to come back to haunt them. Their asshattery with Valve by forcing Origin down PC users throats and GAME not stocking their titles is going to hurt their profits considerably. And hey, if they don't want people to pirate their games, they need to stop being so wool brained. Mass Effect 3 sales are going to suck due to no Steam availability (which matters for me because I don't like buying hard copies and paying absurd taxes for them) and having one of the UK's largest game retailers not stocking it due to trust issues.

Have fun with that EA.
    They dont sell it to you on steam because they have to pay money to Valve if doing that

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    Yes people watch him because he whines alot .. he can be annoying, he can be funny, he can be just plain wrong and arrogant.. but he does give alot of info on games, previews and reviews alot of indie stuff and brings up points worth talking about. Love him or hate him its your choice.. but the reason people watch him isnt because he simply whines and complains alot.
    Yea but its like with Yathzee - you dont go to him to hear about a game is good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    They dont sell it to you on steam because they have to pay money to Valve if doing that
    they dont sell it on steam because Valve said no.

Do you mean Yahtzee? never heard of him anyway. Might watch one of his video's later to check him out.

Deleted
    As far as I have understood it, Game isn't stocking EA titles because Game is nearing bankruptcy and EA doesn't want to sell their games at even worse rates than they do currently. Also possibly getting rid of a retailer who has screwed them over for years selling used games is a chance I doubt many developers would miss out on. Hasn't Ubisoft stopped stocking their games with Game too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually ZP is very good when it comes to game reviews, it depends on what you're hoping for. He'll take a game apart sure but he also brings up points as to what works, similar games and you know when he's more positive than critical that he really enjoyed a game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Actually ZP is very good when it comes to game reviews, it depends on what you're hoping for. He'll take a game apart sure but he also brings up points as to what works, similar games and you know when he's more positive than critical that he really enjoyed a game.
    im just saying what he said himself - and yes you are right - i personally also listen for what he says and have bought a few games because he recommended it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    consider the expansion as just a collected bunch of dlcs. Or consider dlc an divided up expansion. Whatever helps you comprehend the fact that the DLC FOR MASS EFFECT IS BONUS CONTENT CREATED AFTER THE FACT.
    It's not created after the fact, it's day one DLC wich should be on the disk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting note. Game.se (Swedish version of GAME, same company) ARE stocking ME3, my friend got his N7 edition today.

Seems this fallout only affects Game UK

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 01:16 PM ----------

Implying that they don't have to pay to update their games on Origin? You think that it's free for them? Do you think Valve was in any way trying to be controlling of patches and updates? Cause I am pretty sure Valve is very good about getting timely updates on their servers and out to customers when they are released.

10+ Year Old Account
    they dont sell it on steam because Valve said no.
    Please back up your statements, Steam is open to all major games, and most well-made indie games.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Please back up your statements, Steam is open to all major games, and most well-made indie games.
    first article i could find... Valve has rules, if EA doesnt want to follow them then they dont go on steam. Simples.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    When I first saw the headline on bbc.co.uk/news I thought:
    "This is either going to be a protest regarding the DLC on launch or EA trying to make ME3 an origin exclusive."

But apparently I was wrong and it's credit problems. I don't believe it.

GAME deals heavily in pre-owned games. I don't understand how they can lose money on this. It's a system which robs the publishers and developers by pocketing all of the profit made on used sales.

So I don't understand how GAME has managed to fuck up a business model which sells products which don't degrade over time, are identical to their newer counterparts and generates 200-400%+ profit per item sold.

This has protest and origin exclusive all over it.
    don't know if you've ever noticed this, but here's an example of how pre-owned games can "lose" money for a company -
    game is released - sells new for 39.99
    game is purchased and played through (sometimes within a few hours of purchase)
    person goes to part exhange game in store for another title - 35 offered for it (happens often within first couple of weeks of release)
    item goes up for sale as used for 37.99 - they cant really reduce the price much lower than that considering the current trade in price
    many copies traded in during this period - by now word has spread about how good or bad a game is - bad game = response of "oh, i'll wait til it drops in price and pick it up cheap"
    due to lack of sales, price is forced down for used - if it drops below 35, a loss is made on any game still stocked from the trade in period of 35.

online passes and day 1 dlc further force the used value down, which is what the publishers (not the developers) aimed for with that model (EA and THQ were the main culprits of this, but due to the increased revenue from this - other publishers have started doing it as well)

Deleted
    well with new consoles rumored to have no disc drives anyway it seams this could just be the prolonging of their closure anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    consider the expansion as just a collected bunch of dlcs. Or consider dlc an divided up expansion. Whatever helps you comprehend the fact that the DLC FOR MASS EFFECT IS BONUS CONTENT CREATED AFTER THE FACT.
    Haha Tony. Maybe you havent seen.

It's all about the money.

Deleted
    Worth noting Game have at least recently been extremely aggressive with getting exclusives on games. I actually stopped buying games from them within the last couple of years because of this.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Implying that they don't have to pay to update their games on Origin? You think that it's free for them? Do you think Valve was in any way trying to be controlling of patches and updates? Cause I am pretty sure Valve is very good about getting timely updates on their servers and out to customers when they are released.
    They are and they also quite happily make DLC available. EA implied it was due to issues with releasing DLC. What I actually read into it was more that EA want to price fix and not see cut price deals on Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should note for the above argument, Kasumi files were on the ME2 disc.

Essentially they knew at some point they'd make a Prothean DLC. Infact I'm pretty sure they know all the DLC's they're going to make and chances are there's traces of most if not all on the game disc.

What they didn't expect was to have so much goddamn free time that they could make the DLC before launch and have it ready for release on Day 1.

Personally I'd have spent that time having the art team create original images instead of photoshopping stock footage, but there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    first article i could find... Valve has rules, if EA doesnt want to follow them then they dont go on steam. Simples.
    Oh so ValvE has rules, therefore they're not putting ME3 on steam?

What about Sims?
    Kingdoms of Amalur?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    This is slightly annoying for people like me, i was planning on purchasing mass effect 3 with in store credit that i have on a sort of card thing, which was my only means of being able to afford it this month, now thats gone out of the window :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Oh so ValvE has rules, therefore they're not putting ME3 on steam?

What about Sims?
    Kingdoms of Amalur?
    The guys behind Kingdoms of Amalur refused to have their game being Origin only so they made a deal with EA to let them release it on steam.