Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Original Guild Wars had around 28 character slots limitation.

I think that's quite enough for Guild Wars 2 at least.
    Sorry let me clarify,
    you had said "It wouldn't surprise me if it was 5 to the release, and you can buy 3 more slots in the cash-shop.", which made it sound like you expected a maximum of 8 char slots, I more-so meant the limit would not possibly be that low, and will more likely be at a number that people wouldn't realistically meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    I don't like ripping joy from other people, I just feel that it makes the MMO more unique.
    unique is in the eye of the beholder aka one mans trash is another man treasure vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    I don't like ripping joy from other people, I just feel that it makes the MMO more unique.
    How is that ripping joy from other people? With a game as big as a MMO it would be foolish to limit people on one character only. Just imagine if WoW only had 1 character slot, I doubt they would have over 250,000 players.

I for one love leveling alts. Sometimes I want to wield a massive two hander, other times I want to throw fireballs. If I want to experience the leveling all over again I obviously can't do it on my one character in traditional RPGs so creating another character is the way to go. Also If you play more characters you understand their abilities better so it helps in PVP.

The Secret World might be your game though, as everyone can do anything once you move talents or whatever they're called around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    How is that ripping joy from other people? With a game as big as a MMO it would be foolish to limit people on one character only.
    They were asked if they don't like other people having alts, they said they don't like ripping joy from other people.
    As in they prefer to have people not to have alts, but they understand that people enjoy having alts and don't want to take that joy from others.

I could see 5 on release (1 to each race), and cash-shop up to 40(5 of every class)