Need some help improving my ele Shaman DPS.

Hey all,

So, I took my alt to DS10 for the first time last night, and was quite disappointed in my performance overall. It seemed that even when I was nailing my rotation and had good uptime with my shocks, I was struggling to hit more than 19k on the the meters. Gearwise, I did get three upgrades which will reflect in my armory, but no huge gaps. 2/3 were already 378.

Anyway, here are my logs from last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...s/6/?enc=kills

and here is my armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oison/advanced

Any advice or help I could get would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks~

Let's start with your character's gear/glyphs/etc.
    • Glyph of Fire Nova. You don't use Fire Nova as Elemental.
    • Glyph of Totemic Recall. Also pointless.
    • You don't have Glyph of Chain Lightning. You want that.
    • You probably don't need Convection at this point. Better served putting it in Elemental Warding or Ancestral Resolve.
    • Put +50 Intellect on your bracers. It's better than what you currently have.
    • You can definitely find something better than Witching Hourglass for your 2nd trinket.

Now onto your Logs:
    • A lot of non-crit LvB's. That's bad.
    • Really inconsistent FS uptime.
    • Really inconsistent Fire Totem uptime.

That's just at quick glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Let's start with your character's gear/glyphs/etc.
    • Glyph of Fire Nova. You don't use Fire Nova as Elemental.
    • Glyph of Totemic Recall. Also pointless.
    • You don't have Glyph of Chain Lightning. You want that.
    • You probably don't need Convection at this point. Better served putting it in Elemental Warding or Ancestral Resolve.
    • Put +50 Intellect on your bracers. It's better than what you currently have.
    • You can definitely find something better than Witching Hourglass for your 2nd trinket.

Now onto your Logs:
    • A lot of non-crit LvB's. That's bad.
    • Really inconsistent FS uptime.
    • Really inconsistent Fire Totem uptime.

That's just at quick glance.
    Alrighty, the spec/glyph/enchants are an easy enough change. I'll work on the FS/fire totem uptime. Am I missing something as far as crits for Lava Bolts? Is it a reforging issue, or is it influenced by another ability?

Thank you for your comments and advice

Lava Burst will always crit if Flame Shock is on the target. Fix FS uptime and you fix the non-crit issue.

Lol pretty bad an ele shaman didnt know that Lava Burst always crits with FS up >.> shows how far this game has come over the years. Bring back BC where players were competent lol.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-02-29 at 06:58 PM.

1.Wrong enchants, glyphs
    2.FS uptime only 92%(ultraxion)
    3.You dont have any set bonus
    4.Use your fire elemental when you have all your INT procs
    5.I dont see Volcanic Potion buff???pre pot than use your second volcanic potion with your EM or Heroism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Lava Burst will always crit if Flame Shock is on the target. Fix FS uptime and you fix the non-crit issue.
    On the note of Lava Burst, I'd like to point out that you fell noticeably short on your casts. At the very most, you should be firing a Lava Burst once every 9.5sec. That's cast time + cooldown with no Lava Surge procs or haste. "Good", to me, is considered 8sec-ish. "Great" is lower. "Bad" is higher. You were hovering at 9.1sec.
    mhm? mhm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    On the note of Lava Burst, I'd like to point out that you fell noticeably short on your casts. At the very most, you should be firing a Lava Burst once every 9.5sec. That's cast time + cooldown with no Lava Surge procs or haste. "Good", to me, is considered 8sec-ish. "Great" is lower. "Bad" is higher. You were hovering at 9.1sec.
    Alright, I'm going to set up Power Auras to help me be a bit more on top of this. Would you say it is worth making a /stopcasting macro with Lava Burst to get more casts out, or better to finish a LB cast if its already going?

Do not stop your current cast just because Lava Surge procs. That would yield a dps loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, seriously, read the FAQ I have stickied at the top of the forums. Most of this is in there already. It should be everyone's first stop, before asking for further help.