My Death Knight - Masterfrost of Haste Build?

Hiya. Well, the title makes the question obvious. I was considering going Masterfrost, though I was told by another raiding DK that it's just about a 1% increase in damage and DPS, and the rotation's less forgiving than that of the Haste build.

My DK's Armory Link: Le Click!!!

Currently, I'm reforged into the Haste build. I try to Obliterate as much as possible, but most of the time Recount shows Frost Strike or Howling Blast as my top attack (which I can't seem to friggin' fix, gah). That'll probably influence your answer though.

As for a DPS chart, I'm not entirely sure as I had gotten the 410 pants and 390 shoulders yesterday. If needed, I could try to provide a DPS chart (though I'm uncertain on how to do that).

So what do you guys think, with my gear, which reforge would be better - Masterfrost or Haste (Masterhaste :P)?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTanner View Post
    Hiya. Well, the title makes the question obvious.
    It would without the typo

I was considering going Masterfrost, though I was told by another raiding DK that it's just about a 1% increase in damage and DPS, and the rotation's less forgiving than that of the Haste build.
    This is more or less correct. Might be as much as 2% on single target and could be considerably more during AOE.

So what do you guys think, with my gear, which reforge would be better- Masterfrost or Haste (Masterhaste :P)?
    Gear doesn't really matter, they both have the same BiS. Only thing that matters is if you can perfect masterfrost's playstyle and if a 1-2% increase is worth it. For me, i decided it wasn't, as i prefer Hastefrost (lol @ Masterhaste) and my guild CBA to show up reliably anymore for progression anyway

Lol. Sorry for the typo.

So the Haste build has more of a forgiving rotation than Masterfrost does?

So the Haste build has more of a forgiving rotation than Masterfrost does?
    Definitely. Masterfrost isn't hard by any means, but the fact that you always want to only have one Unholy rune on cooldown (so you don't get an unholy rune from runic empowerment (or corruption, whichever it is)) just means you have to pay attention to your runes and plan ahead a bit more. I like the fact that at this point I can play Hastefrost almost without having to ever look at my runes.

With the nerfs, it's really just about preference and whether or not 2% of one persons dps is preventing you from progressing...

all of this is, as always, IMO