Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unholy DK Surviability Heroic Ulltraxion 10M

I have been struggling with this dilemma for a while now since my guild just getting started on heroic Ultraxion, and I had decided to bring in my DK because I felt that they have much more better defensive CDs than my main, enhancement shaman.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kymqevtgn8zjd9gf/

Here's the logs, there should be logs for first seven heroic Ultraxion attempts, they are all wipes, but its the best I can do regarding the problem I had been having.

I had been constantly getting one-shotted by HoT even with Anti-Magic Shell and IBF popped together, so I had to resorted to use my AMZ which I was trying to use for 3rd group that is asked to absorb the 3rd HoT. So it would be greatly appreciated if anyone can tell me what the heck is going on on those attempts where I would just die to a HoT with IBF and AMS up, but on last few attempts, I had been be able to survive with AMZ alone.

So I'm just trying to figure out why IBF/AMS combo doesn't work the way it should be?

My Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...culitis/simple

P.S. As I had mentioned up above, my main is enhancement shaman and I am much more comfortable dpsing with him instead of unholy dk, but I can perform quite decently. So please feel free to point out mistakes in any of attempts that my raid group might had made.

Thank you.

AMZ Absorbs 75% of a single magical attack, before the damage is applied to the limited absorb the shield applies.

AMS and IBF do tricky shuffling of damage based on your health and percentages of the damage.

I know when I was soaking as Unholy we ran into some problems with HoT killing me also.

Who are the other 5 soakers?

We have three teams, which are subjected to changes.

Prot palaldin/hunter with deterance?
    Feral tank/myself (enh shaman or unholy dk)
    mage/chicken(boomkin)

What you could consider is having one of the healing Priests go Shadow, and soak with Dispersion.

does your prot paladin have 4piece?
    switch the prot pally to g2 with you, have him pop his 4piece so you get that damage reduction as well as ibf and ams and have a priest bubble you.

IBF + AMS should be enough alone to keep you up though, unless you have some insanely low ilvl

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 02:36 PM ----------

in addition:
    try 1: doesn't say how you died
    try 2: not getting healed enough
    try 3: you used no cooldowns. wasn't this the 3rd hot? you have 3 people staying out on this one where you died
    tries 4-7 you are just not getting healed, nothing you can do (try 4 you got aggro, but looks like a tank died beforehand.)

so really only 1 try was an issue with you. seems to be more a problem with healers.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-02-29 at 08:39 PM.

The most current rotation was:

Prot Paladin/Hunter
    Bear Druid/Mage
    Unholy DK/Arms Warrior

The prot paladin does have their 4 pc bonus, and is using Divine Guardian on the 3rd group every time. They are also using HoS on the Arms Warrior.
    The Bear tank who also has their 4 pc has been using FR just before the 2nd soak to help top the raid off before, and to heal it after the HoT lands.

The logs in the link were a different healer configuration then we had used previously, and I had already noticed the problems with healing.

I have watched the DK in question here drop stone dead from 100% life a few times, both now and previously on his Shaman. I literally sit there and time my cd's so that the 3rd group soak has them and watch their health to see if it's working. We decided to bring in his DK after some reading up about how great they can soak, yet he's still dropping like a rock. Sure there were times his health was low, but there's been a few where that wasn't the case.

Before the Dk/Shaman, it was our boomer who would similarly drop like a rock. Unfortunately almost none of these people are dying from a melee attack, but is almost always a HoT 1-shot.

We need to know why.

Just have your pally sac him before 3rd hot and should be fine. I do this on heroic with our 10 man alt run as a prot pally and do the same for our boomkin who soaks and have never had an issue.

Deleted
    Guys above have said it all, however you also could ask one of ur priests to respec to disc, those absorbs and pain supression go a long way and could probably sort ur problem out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpony View Post
    The most current rotation was:

Prot Paladin/Hunter
    Bear Druid/Mage
    Unholy DK/Arms Warrior

I have watched the DK in question here drop stone dead from 100% life a few times, both now and previously on his Shaman. I literally sit there and time my cd's so that the 3rd group soak has them and watch their health to see if it's working. We decided to bring in his DK after some reading up about how great they can soak, yet he's still dropping like a rock. Sure there were times his health was low, but there's been a few where that wasn't the case.
    in the logs that he linked he only had 1 hot death, the others were due to ultraxions aoe pulses over ~10seconds.
    He didn't use any cds the one time he died to hour of twilight.
    Although it is a little difficult to see who is getting hit by what on ultraxion due to fading in/out.

also imo your rotation you should do hunter/mage first since they can take little to no damage on hot which will help a lot on the 7th (mage uses iceblock instead of cauterize). have bear druid with unholy dk and arms warrior with prot pally (probably doesn't matter much, but this way the +hp buff of the druid and arms warrior doesn't stack)
    Last edited by bals; 2012-02-29 at 09:30 PM.

get a paladin with you. and blood presence. I don't usually drop under 50k with AMS, AMZ and IBF (if available). if that still doesn't work, use a stamina flask but it really should.
    VII.

also like to mention that if you are switching to blood presence for HoT you need to use IBF before switching to blood presence otherwise you'll have 0 RP and won't be able to use it. So the order would go IBF -> BP -> AMS

It`s impossible you`re getting 1 shot duriing HoT. DKs are one of the best soakers, specially UH. You`re doing something wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 09:42 PM ----------

Also, ALL you need to do is use IBF and AMS. You will not even drop below 80%, much less die. Like I said, you`re doing something wrong. Maybe not pressing the buttons right due to lag or something. I do this on my DK alt every week and I am one of the only people in the raid who has never died to HoT.

This is what healing classes that are available to us.

Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Priest
    Disc Priest

What healing comp would you guys suggested if we decided to two-heal AND/OR three heal?

Because now with 10% nerf. I'm felling much more optimistic about surviving HoTs. But I don't know if its a wishful thought.

Would an enhancement shaman's defensive CDs be enough either? Glyphed Stoneclaw Totem and Shamanistic Rage.

"It`s impossible you`re getting 1 shot duriing HoT. DKs are one of the best soakers, specially UH. You`re doing something wrong."

I could swore I saw both abilites was on CDs when HoT hits me. IBF and AMS was on CDs. Unless timers ran out or it bugged out on me. I popped both of them when HoT reached 1-2 seconds casting time.
    Last edited by Noventforme; 2012-02-29 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Replies to a previous post

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    It`s impossible you`re getting 1 shot duriing HoT. DKs are one of the best soakers, specially UH. You`re doing something wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 09:42 PM ----------

Also, ALL you need to do is use IBF and AMS. You will not even drop below 80%, much less die. Like I said, you`re doing something wrong. Maybe not pressing the buttons right due to lag or something. I do this on my DK alt every week and I am one of the only people in the raid who has never died to HoT.
    You're certainly not talking about heroic and have never done it on heroic. Hi, read the title of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Noventforme View Post
    "It`s impossible you`re getting 1 shot duriing HoT. DKs are one of the best soakers, specially UH. You`re doing something wrong."

I could swore I saw both abilites was on CDs when HoT hits me. IBF and AMS was on CDs. Unless timers ran out or it bugged out on me. I popped both of them when HoT reached 1-2 seconds casting time.
    HoT hits for 270k now
    270*.8 = 216k
    Ams absorbs up to 50% of your hp.
    You'd need minimum 144k max hp to survive at full health. You should easily have more than that if you are doing DS heroics.

try 3 last week (285k HoT hits):
    [22:04:46.082] Ultraxion Hour of Twilight Vasculitis 158777 (O: 61979, A: 7243)
    15877+61979+7243 = 227999 (20% damage reduction)

which means you did have a 20% damage reduction, but it was from divine guardian. you used 0 of your cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    HoT hits for 270k now
    270*.8 = 216k
    Ams absorbs up to 50% of your hp.
    You'd need minimum 144k max hp to survive at full health. You should easily have more than that if you are doing DS heroics.

try 3 last week (285k HoT hits):
    15877+61979+7243 = 227999 (20% damage reduction)

which means you did have a 20% damage reduction, but it was from divine guardian. you used 0 of your cooldowns.

None of my CDs? That was unusual, I am usually very punctual about it, I guess I missed that one, but thank you for pointing that out.

EDIT

I am still trying to learn how to understand WoLs, it's all numbers and fancy crap on there, so I'm still trying to make heads and tails about it.
    Last edited by Noventforme; 2012-02-29 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noventforme View Post
    None of my CDs?
    Code:
    [22:04:46.041] Heavenli's Divine Aegis fades from Vasculitis (Remaining: 0)
    [22:04:46.041] Heavenli's Prayer of Mending fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Doomguard's Demonic Pact fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Vasculitis's Well Fed fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Karmix's Arcane Brilliance fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Malevolant's Leader of the Pack fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Doct's Divine Hymn fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Vasculitis's Horn of Winter fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Malevolant's Mark of the Wild fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Lovepony's Blessing of Might fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Heavenli's Shadow Protection fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Heavenli's Glyph of Prayer of Healing fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Lovepony's Divine Guardian fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Doct's Echo of Light fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Heavenli's Power Word: Fortitude fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Shaafum's Fel Intelligence fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Shaafum's Demonic Pact fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Vasculitis's Runic Mastery fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Vasculitis's Slayer fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Moraxuz's Elemental Oath fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Vasculitis's Sated fades from Vasculitis
    [22:04:46.041] Lovepony's Devotion Aura fades from Vasculitis
    as you can see you only had DG up on you (bolded), none of your own cooldowns. Yes you lose all your buffs before you die.

that was only attempt 3. all the other times it was due to you not being healed enough.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-02-29 at 10:16 PM.

ENH shaman can soak if a paladin gives them hand of sacrifice. Shamanistic rage, stoneclaw totem glyphed absorb & hand of sac and you'll end up having like <10% hp but you'll live, probably even more hp now with the extra nerf. Please don't make your DPS warrior soak when other classes can do it instead without losing dps =)
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2012-03-01 at 12:45 AM.

Use AMS macrod with IBF, its more than enough. Have further problem? get AMZ.

Guardian spirit from your holy priest will allow someone to live without popping a single cooldown.