Eye for an Eye for H Ultraxion?

I'm trying to get the most DPS out of my Protection spec - Is Eye for an Eye applicable for H Ultraxion? Like, does the effect occur?

Nope it diesnt work

It can proc off Hour of Twilight I believe but not Twilight Instability.

[21:05:18.256] Pbad Eye for an Eye Ultraxion *66306*

Deleted
    It can also crit. While it will not make you put out that much damage, take it.

Look on the forums for a thread entitled Protection Dps, or something like that. Good tips there on the last pages at least.

I was running it my holy spec in order to up my output and was expecting it to do some major damage, it procced 2x the whole fight for 60k damage or so. If there is a talent that will add more than 100k over 5 min take that instead.

Deleted
    it can proc from hour but not instability.
    last night on my guild's 9% wipe we had the other proc tank get 2 procs which both crit meaning he had done 109k damg in 2 eye for an eye procs.
    me on the other hand had 0 procs so 0 damg.

Tried efae last week and it was maybe 1% of my overall damage for that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think it's waste of talents. I personally prefer Selfless Healer for this fight, since it can save someone's ass. We usually stay in the Twillight realm with Fire mage when I pop my bubble and he survives thanks to Cauterize, but has to be healed quickly.

Damn, sorry, don't mind me, I didn't check properly, that you were tank... ooops.
    Last edited by Drizztcz; 2012-03-05 at 10:52 AM.
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

Deleted
    There is no real reason for tanks to push 20k+ on Ultraxion hc anymore as long as your DPS do great numbers.

Last week we started on Ultraxion HC progression (5% buff) we got him to 2% after the seventh hour and called it the night with tanks (warrior & DK) dealing between 14k and 16k.

This week (10% buff) we killed Ultraxion before the seventh hour without any problems with about the same tank DPS (me doing roughly 20k this time due to lol feral)

We never pre-pot and our damage dealers don't cut fading light corners either, we just played it safe and still got the kill way faster.

Deleted
    This talent is useless for most DS bosses, just check your logs.

Quote Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
    This talent is useless for most DS bosses, just check your logs.
    That's like saying Improved Judgements is useless for most fights as well as Pursuit of Justice. Just because it's useless in some aspects, doesn't mean it's entirely useless.

Imp judgement is useless, and if you can increase your dps on Ultraxion by 0.3-1%... why not? I'd get it if it would be a progressfight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    There is no real reason for tanks to push 20k+ on Ultraxion hc anymore as long as your DPS do great numbers.

Last week we started on Ultraxion HC progression (5% buff) we got him to 2% after the seventh hour and called it the night with tanks (warrior & DK) dealing between 14k and 16k.

This week (10% buff) we killed Ultraxion before the seventh hour without any problems with about the same tank DPS (me doing roughly 20k this time due to lol feral)

We never pre-pot and our damage dealers don't cut fading light corners either, we just played it safe and still got the kill way faster.
    do you raid 10 man or 25?

as in 25 you need all the dps you an get your hands on. as while in 10 droping from 3 healers to 2 gives your raid dps a 15%~ boost going from 6-5 in a 25 gives your raid a 2-3% boost.

that said as prot in dragon soul
    -> time spend where your not in judgement range (no talents in imp range) -> very low
    -> damg an extra judge would get you vs damg from eye for an eye procs -> eye for an eye wins every fight every time especialy as it is increased by inquisition and wings which as your trying to max dps on ultraxon i would expect a decent uptime on inquisiton

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    Imp judgement is useless, and if you can increase your dps on Ultraxion by 0.3-1%... why not? I'd get it if it would be a progressfight.
    If Imp judgement is useless for you then you need to learn the fights better I can think of a number of fights that it is very useful on but the biggest being Hagara and Gunship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post

Pity, you could've killed him with only 5% buff if everyone prepotted and potted. Tanks can also prepot (even healer, for example tree + pot), and tank damage DOES matter here. If you can get a boss to 2% in your best attempt you need to min-max a little bit more, not wait till the next nerf. Hero at start while healers are faded out plus prepot is a big DPS again.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    If Imp judgement is useless for you then you need to learn the fights better I can think of a number of fights that it is very useful on but the biggest being Hagara and Gunship.

Imp Judgement is a QoL thing, it is meaningless once the boss is up in your face. Sure, it has it's time and place, as does any talent/trinket/piece of gear; but overall, the talent points can be better placed as a quick shield/taunt can fixate anything to you for 3 seconds.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

This is about Ultraxion, but yea, on those fights 1point in imp judgement is enough. This is speaking from a prot that got rank 1 on both of those fights

Deleted
    but did those extra judgements do more damg than an eye for an eye proc could do? probably not.