Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    the bionic and the razor are virtually the same phone except the razor is slightly thinner. The iphone doesn't even hold a candle to either 4g phone.

http://smartphones.findthebest.com/c...ola-DROID-RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by heffalump View Post
    You are walking out of the store with something that is already at LEAST one major version behind.
    You mean like having a phone that doesn't have 4G? Oh, no, you just mean a software update, not a huge hardware deficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by heffalump View Post
    Oh yeah, and there is no Android phone that can match the screen of the iPhone still. Sure they can be bigger (different screen sizes is one of many types of platform fragmentation -- try writing software for all of those different resolutions) but the "retina" display is still a better pixel density than any competing device out there.

Which means it looks nicer. I've made many Android phone owners unhappy after comparing screens with my 1.5 year old iPhone 4.
    Wrong. The Rezound has a higher PPI and the Galaxy Nexus is essentially identical.

Deleted
    I'd get the iPhone 4S The OS feels much more smooth and innovative than android IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You mean like having a phone that doesn't have 4G? Oh, no, you just mean a software update, not a huge hardware deficiency.
    Honestly, I don't really mind not having 4g on my iphone yet. For one, it isn't even deployed where I live, and, while bandwidth caps are so harsh, speed of the connection isn't as huge of an issue. I've never been in a situation where my internet felt slow, and why would I want to watch 1080p youtube over my data connection when it would just destroy my data plan?

However, having little to no software support on the phone would be an issue to me. I like knowing my 4s is getting up to iOS 6, and it won't be outmoded in a year. Especially when that lack of support presents an even bigger issue within the android market - fragmentation. You have so many devices running so many different types of hardware, and not even supporting the newest OS they can. That's the reason Android doesn't have the app market iOS does. It's the reason UDK has been out for iPhone for years, and they ignore android.

Apple has the advantage of vertical integration. They're both the OEM and the provider of the OS. They do their own retail and support. No only does this give them the power to make a more polished overall product, it allows them to bully the carriers and get features implemented (I'm thinking about iMessage here), where google got bitchslapped over google wallet.

Each device certainly has it's pros and cons. It's very similar to the Mac VS PC debate. Android may have a higher skillcap, but iOS just works. And I don't want my phone to be another gadget I have to worry about tweaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    Each device certainly has it's pros and cons. It's very similar to the Mac VS PC debate. Android may have a higher skillcap, but iOS just works. And I don't want my phone to be another gadget I have to worry about tweaking.
    I suppose, but a lot of people live to tweak their devices, computers and the such, its just... fun

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    I suppose, but a lot of people live to tweak their devices, computers and the such, its just... fun
    Which is why those people should get an Android.

Although, having messed around with a (finally) stable version of Android 4.0.2 for my phone (2 year old device, hence the wait time), I'd say Maharishi's point is fairly moot. Default settings are very clean and organized, and everything "simply works". Contacts be default synch to your google account, messaging is easy to navigate, you can search the internet from any "page" on your phone, Gmail app is great, apps/widgets are well-organized and settings are organized significantly better. The market is even better than before, with a slew of things organized damn near perfectly. Setting up folders is as easy as "dropping" one app on the other -- no need to select a folder from a menu. I'm not even going to get into how much faster it is than previous version of Android because of hardware acceleration.

I see no reason why iOS is "more friendly". I've used both iOS5 (on iPod) and Android 4.0.2, and the level of ease with which you can text/browse web/email/settings is aboslutely in-line with iOS5 with zero custom configuration. Take the time to configure things over a few hours, and it's literally 2-3 gestures to do just about anything.

At this point, I really don't see any validity in arguments unless they fall under one of three categories:

- "I like that I get guaranteed software updates when Apple is finally done writing them"
    - "I like that I can treat my phone as an iPod and synch iTunes, rather than getting a third-party music player"
    - "I like how it looks more"

10+ Year Old Account
    As the OP said, he's a gamer and he likes big screens so this really is a no brainer. The Bionic is 4,3 inches, the Iphone is merely 3,5". The difference is very noticable. Go for the Bionic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    As the OP said, he's a gamer and he likes big screens so this really is a no brainer. The Bionic is 4,3 inches, the Iphone is merely 3,5". The difference is very noticable. Go for the Bionic.
    But you can't play games like Infinity Blade on a driod can you? That's the only gripe i have with andriod phones, iOS has much better games in terms of quality. It's not enough to make me buy a iPhone though. Love my HTC Rezound.

Also OP if you're going for a Driod and not in a rush, i would recommend waiting (a month or two) and going for the Samsung Galaxy S3. You know, 4.8 inch screen, 2 GB RAM, Quad-core CPU and all that jazz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    But you can't play games like Infinity Blade on a driod can you? That's the only gripe i have with andriod phones, iOS has much better games in terms of quality. It's not enough to make me buy a iPhone though. Love my HTC Rezound.

Also OP if you're going for a Driod and not in a rush, i would recommend waiting (a month or two) and going for the Samsung Galaxy S3. You know, 4.8 inch screen, 2 GB RAM, Quad-core CPU and all that jazz.

Possibly, but then again I'd personally rather gouge my eyes out than trying to play something like infinity blade on a 3,5" screen in the first place :P

I agree with you though, I'd wait for the SGS3 as well.

iPhone or Windows Phone

Personally I'm just tired of Android right now. Stability is key for me and in this latest 4.0 release, I'm just not finding it.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I've had nothing but bad experienced with droids, I like iPhones, but they have their problems... Galaxy s2 is the only phone I would actually pay money for.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Although, having messed around with a (finally) stable version of Android 4.0.2 for my phone (2 year old device, hence the wait time), I'd say Maharishi's point is fairly moot. Default settings are very clean and organized, and everything "simply works". Contacts be default synch to your google account, messaging is easy to navigate, you can search the internet from any "page" on your phone, Gmail app is great, apps/widgets are well-organized and settings are organized significantly better. The market is even better than before, with a slew of things organized damn near perfectly. Setting up folders is as easy as "dropping" one app on the other -- no need to select a folder from a menu. I'm not even going to get into how much faster it is than previous version of Android because of hardware acceleration.
    No, I agree. My post came off a little one sided, which was not my intent. They're both great OS's, it's not like android is WebOS.

Admittedly I have some bias against the android because the iPhone is a much easier market to develop for. Android has some inherent flaws with market fragmentation that iOS does not have. The gaming startup i'm involved with has pretty much written off android for the time being, as the the effort to payoff ratio with the platform is nowhere near as high as it is with iOS. Which presents a danger to android overall, in a phone culture where apps are a large part of the phone's fun factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
    Just dont buy an Android phone, plain and simple.

You buy an android phone and 1 week later you will regret buying it cuz 10 other new phones gets launched.

And yes I own an iPhone and call me an Apple Fanboy, but facts are facts.
    And yet, in this very thread, people are recommending the OP to take a look at the Samsung Galaxy S II, and that's been out for how long?