Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    Okay so I finish AC 3 yesterday, and it raised ALOT of quesitons.
    I've been a grea fan from the series, and always understood the story, but with Revelations, and now AC3, I am confused.
    So, we killed lucy, but she said "someone else will travel with you, she is not yet in our sight".

- So where is this "eve" never seen her in AC3, so what happened there?

- Who is the "Sixth" they talked about?

- So we saw Jupiter, Minerva, Juno, they always guided Desmond, and now suddenly Juno is evil and she wants to control the world, and now that Desmond was at that glowing globe Minerva warns Desmond, while she could have way before.
    I am confused.
    Eventually you choose to release Juno and put mankind basicly to slavery again, aka everything the assassins fought against.
    SO haven't we just been Juno's bitch? playing into her hand, getting her to get free.
    How is that slavery better then what Minerva showed us, the whole, flare, desmond surviving and restarting the world and what not.
    Or did I not understand that vision properly?
    ALso, Desmond dying, it sucks in my opinion as he just came back to his dad, was hoping to see his mom, aaaaand they just kill him.

Anyone else thought this ending was a bit odd?
    I liked it for as far as I understood, but I'd like a bit more insight, maybe that will make me like it more, as an ending, or sequals after this one even?
    Because I think they said this was the last one right?

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:38 AM ----------

also with desmonds death, what about the quote 'Your son, the sun....." from Subject 16, I mean maybe thats where the next AC continues? Because I rethought and cant seem but think that there has to be a followup.
    I mean all of humankind will be enslaved because of Juno release right? So it cannot just stop there.
    For the Horde! And for the Earthmother!
    Armory

Can I ask that anyone who has spoilers use the spoilers tags? (mostly directed at Paintank)

Anyone get this for pc and actually able to play it? I keep getting freezes at loading screens and it's impossible to progress. First it was happening at the beginning when you go into the cave with Desmond(really Ubi? How the hell did that get through testing?) and then once more right when the little tutorial/refresher thing happens. It froze again after you do the opera house bit and I had to start over with the whole tutorial thing and lately my current problem is when doing the whole bit on the ship, after reaching Boston, it freezes as soon as it reaches the loading screen after climbing the crow's nest.

Seriously, am I just that unlucky or is did Ubisoft not give the slightest shit about this game? My pc is more than good enough to play this btw so I doubt it's anything that has to do with having an underpowered pc. I've updated drivers and done what I could but it's still freezing :\ I'm tempted to try and send it back and get the 360 version.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 12:18 AM ----------

The freezing wouldn't be so bad if there was a quicksave function like every pc game has, but Ubi feels like AC is beyond that or something and that their autosave feature is good enough, but then they go and have AC3 run like shit so their autosaving, which only kicks in when you finish something, is completely pointless. I'd rather have Skyrim's lackluster autosaving(only when you enter a new area really) with a quicksave so I can at least try again at the point of freezing till it works, but there's no such thing so I have to do the whole boat sequence over and over and reach a roadblock every time.

Again, is there anyone out there who got this for pc and figured out how to get past these freezes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    No, Worgie is right. If a group is larger than 10 it will automatically divide itself into hunters and gatherers and instinctively build a life around the general vicinity. Soon enough you'll have camp fires, pelts, and a hungry god demanding tribute by blood.

It's basic human nature, Arlee. Trust me, I'm a marine biologist.

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Can I ask that anyone who has spoilers use the spoilers tags? (mostly directed at Paintank)

Anyone get this for pc and actually able to play it? I keep getting freezes at loading screens and it's impossible to progress. First it was happening at the beginning when you go into the cave with Desmond(really Ubi? How the hell did that get through testing?) and then once more right when the little tutorial/refresher thing happens. It froze again after you do the opera house bit and I had to start over with the whole tutorial thing and lately my current problem is when doing the whole bit on the ship, after reaching Boston, it freezes as soon as it reaches the loading screen after climbing the crow's nest.

Seriously, am I just that unlucky or is did Ubisoft not give the slightest shit about this game? My pc is more than good enough to play this btw so I doubt it's anything that has to do with having an underpowered pc. I've updated drivers and done what I could but it's still freezing :\ I'm tempted to try and send it back and get the 360 version.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 12:18 AM ----------

The freezing wouldn't be so bad if there was a quicksave function like every pc game has, but Ubi feels like AC is beyond that or something and that their autosave feature is good enough, but then they go and have AC3 run like shit so their autosaving, which only kicks in when you finish something, is completely pointless. I'd rather have Skyrim's lackluster autosaving(only when you enter a new area really) with a quicksave so I can at least try again at the point of freezing till it works, but there's no such thing so I have to do the whole boat sequence over and over and reach a roadblock every time.

Again, is there anyone out there who got this for pc and figured out how to get past these freezes?
    Ah yeah sorry for that.
    Anyway I have 2x GTX590 and run with freezes and all, its horrible, either I need drivers or ubi has to fix something, because when I run normally without freezes it runs 120 fps =,=.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 12:36 PM ----------

Btw, my freezes just end after a bit and I can go on, had like 4-5 up untill the end.
    For the Horde! And for the Earthmother!
    Armory

Does the PC version still have uPlay as DRM? And is there a decent online community? I'm debating getting it for Wii U or PC, but I'm really leaning towards Wii U after playing the other games on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10 View Post
    Does the PC version still have uPlay as DRM? And is there a decent online community? I'm debating getting it for Wii U or PC, but I'm really leaning towards Wii U after playing the other games on PC.
    You need to sign on Uplay once just to register your game. The PC mp is kinda bugged since some people are able to get on while others cannot and the AC mp for PC tends to die quickly.

Callin it now, next Assassin's Creed game will about Shaun and you'll spend the whole game logging stuff.

Last assassin Ac3?

Anyone know how I can get the last assassin? I finished all liberation missions, all storyline missions, etc. but I am unable to find get to the last assassin mission.

I don't know why everybody is so negative.

I like it.

I bought the game for PS3 two days ago and it's been pain in the ass for me. The game is buggy as fuck and it feels way more clunkier than other AC games. First part of the game feels like a rail-way adventure game. The progress is %20 and I've never seen any assassination missions.The worst AC in the series.

Is there anyone else who thinks that Haytham Kenway is the best character of all AC series?

I have 2x560ti (latest beta drivers) - game runs as a charm.

This game, is SO, SO buggy its unbelievable, I have it on the xbox and I can't go for half an hour without coming across an extremely anoying or game breaking bug, not happy.

Apart from the bugs, The game seems good, I will probably wait a few months for patches.

I'm not gonna lie lol, one time on my PS3 the game also froze on me and I had to shut off the PS3 and restart and it was kind of a bitch. Iwas free running in New York going to a mission. Before that I -never- had a PS3 game ever freeze before that (besides loading screens).

Looking for graphic artists and one sound composer. PM me for details. (No pressure. Despite what the above post is like, I'm actually a nice guy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    This game, is SO, SO buggy its unbelievable, I have it on the xbox and I can't go for half an hour without coming across an extremely anoying or game breaking bug, not happy.

Apart from the bugs, The game seems good, I will probably wait a few months for patches.
    This shit unacceptable. They are using as much code as possible from previous long-tested products and dev team have tons of experience with 4 previous tittles yet the game is so fucking buggy with awful performance. Plain laziness...

It's like they are begging for us to not buy their game but crack it...This is not what I paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This shit unacceptable. They are using as much code as possible from previous long-tested products and dev team have tons of experience with 4 previous tittles yet the game is so fucking buggy with awful performance. Plain laziness...

It's like they are begging for us to not buy their game but crack it...This is not what I paid for.
    im playing on a laptop! when i go to boston or NY the frame rate kinda drags, but i havent been getting any glitches lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeynikeye View Post
    im playing on a laptop! when i go to boston or NY the frame rate kinda drags, but i havent been getting any glitches lol.
    I'm playing on PS3

Here are some more impression of mine. SPOIL ALERT!!! DON'T READ ANY FURTHER

I'm almost half way through game and and think this game is a true mastershit. There is no fucking way I will buy any AC game from now on. You could feel the laziness in AC:R that the structures in Constantinople/Istanbul was lacking details compared to AC 2 and brother hood but this game was killing blow to one of my fav. franchise AC series.

Anyway I couldn't see any good side of the game so I will just write problems

-A shit map: You can't see anything in map, especially if you are in forest. Map requires some kind of exploration even if you fully explore it's almost useless.
    -Shallow characters: Main character, Connor, is a morally so fucking correct mother fucker and he's fucking boring. He meets with old man(I couldn't remember the name) that we have no idea who is he(at least up to %40) other than old Assassin and somehow the old man training random people(Connor) to be assassins.
    -Very unintelligent story: Up to %40, the story is one big major cliche. Connor was a stranger when he met with old man, why he accepted him to training? How did Connor know he was a trainer?
    -The game is bugged as fuck on PS3
    -Gameplay is constantly interrupted by some cinematics. At first, it seems good but then it starts to annoy you.
    -Up to %40, there is no single side quest that involves some kind of assassination. And even main story line involves very few assasination quests. I really like assasination quests. I like planning, observing scene, creating escape routes etc. but AC3 lacks essence of AC series. Also the assassination quests in main story lacks in and out routes. There is one, at best two different route...
    -Roaming around with horse, especially in forest is pain in the ass. It's so obvious that the physics in this game is not designed for free roaming in a forest they need to improve it a lot if they thinking a western themed AC game.
    -As always, AI is pathetic. That wouldn't be major problem if there was more Assassination quests but if half of my game time is spent while fighting with moronic AI. It's so boring.
    -Sometimes, when you engage with soldiers they start to come in endless waves. I wondered when it would they stop coming and I'm pretty sure it lasted 10 mins and around 100 corpse.
    -It may be historically true but early Boston is a boring place for a game. It did not feel like a revolution is going on, tho I have very limited knowledge about American History.
    -Lack of gear progression. So far I haven't seen any gear upgrades. May be there is a special armor later but either way gear progression was good and I liked it since AC 2.
    -HUUUGEEE stepback from the feel of "Assassin's Brotherhood" as well as "Templar Order". Game lacks a true Mentor and Templar Grand Master(or whatever its called). I understand that America is a new world so existence of such characters may not be logical but again I blame the time and place decision for this game i(America and its revolution) or they failed to do it right which may be the case as well.

Anyway, this game is piece of shit and these are my personal opinions only.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-05 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I'm playing on PS3

Here are some more impression of mine. SPOIL ALERT!!! DON'T READ ANY FURTHER

I'm almost half way through game and and think this game is a true mastershit. There is no fucking way I will buy any AC game from now on. You could feel the laziness in AC:R that the structures in Constantinople/Istanbul was lacking details compared to AC 2 and brother hood but this game was killing blow to one of my fav. franchise AC series.

Anyway I couldn't see any good side of the game so I will just write problems

-A shit map: You can't see anything in map, especially if you are in forest. Map requires some kind of exploration even if you fully explore it's almost useless.
    -Shallow characters: Main character, Connor, is a morally so fucking correct mother fucker and he's fucking boring. He meets with old man(I couldn't remember the name) that we have no idea who is he(at least up to %40) other than old Assassin and somehow the old man training random people(Connor) to be assassins.
    -Very unintelligent story: Up to %40, the story is one big major cliche. Connor was a stranger when he met with old man, why he accepted him to training? How did Connor know he was a trainer?
    -The game is bugged as fuck on PS3
    -Gameplay is constantly interrupted by some cinematics. At first, it seems good but then it starts to annoy you.
    -Up to %40, there is no single side quest that involves some kind of assassination. And even main story line involves very few assasination quests. I really like assasination quests. I like planning, observing scene, creating escape routes etc. but AC3 lacks essence of AC series. Also the assassination quests in main story lacks in and out routes. There is one, at best two different route...
    -Roaming around with horse, especially in forest is pain in the ass. It's so obvious that the physics in this game is not designed for free roaming in a forest they need to improve it a lot if they thinking a western themed AC game.
    -As always, AI is pathetic. That wouldn't be major problem if there was more Assassination quests but if half of my game time is spent while fighting with moronic AI. It's so boring.
    -Sometimes, when you engage with soldiers they start to come in endless waves. I wondered when it would they stop coming and I'm pretty sure it lasted 10 mins and around 100 corpse.
    -It may be historically true but early Boston is a boring place for a game. It did not feel like a revolution is going on, tho I have very limited knowledge about American History.
    -Lack of gear progression. So far I haven't seen any gear upgrades. May be there is a special armor later but either way gear progression was good and I liked it since AC 2.
    -HUUUGEEE stepback from the feel of "Assassin's Brotherhood" as well as "Templar Order". Game lacks a true Mentor and Templar Grand Master(or whatever its called). I understand that America is a new world so existence of such characters may not be logical but again I blame the time and place decision for this game i(America and its revolution) or they failed to do it right which may be the case as well.

Anyway, this game is piece of shit and these are my personal opinions only.
    TO be honest, you summed up exactly how I had felt. In AC2 and Brotherhood there was always a bad ass armor set we strove to get, there was none in AC3. Roaming on the horse was absolutely terrible, and I felt the characters and story to have very little depth.

I LOVED the game. I do know that it has its annoying flaws. However, I felt connected to Connor because I think exactly how he thinks. I felt less like analyzing his character and more like I was living in this world through him. It's something that being a half-breed myself could only understand. That and the idea of being able to free roam and fight at his level...jeebus. I loved the game. It might not be my favorite, but I knew it wouldn't be. NBD.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Is there anyone else who thinks that Haytham Kenway is the best character of all AC series?
    Yes! Haytham Kenway is probably my favorite video game character in any game in a very long time.

Uhhhh lol at all these criticisms you guys had and I thought it was the most badass shit ever. I only played AC3 so I guess I'll go back and get an older AC game to see what it's like. Any suggestions? AC 2 or Reveltion or Brotherhood?

Looking for graphic artists and one sound composer. PM me for details. (No pressure. Despite what the above post is like, I'm actually a nice guy.)