Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cried during the naval battle.

I really love the whole tree-climbing thing. It looks a lot better than the previous games so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    My takeaway from the trailer was that the American commander was watching the slaying of the British Commander with unease... implying that he also was a Templar.
    that was G. Wash so it could be possible, however unlikely, since he is the poster child for freedom and liberty

also it was frowned upon to kill officers during this era. but eventually the Americans decided to kill the British officers to gain a tactical advantage as they moved into guerilla warfare

Does anyone have a link for the naval battle? Couldn't see it since it was very late where I live :P

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 09:18 AM ----------

Never mind my pretties, I found it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    that was G. Wash so it could be possible, however unlikely, since he is the poster child for freedom and liberty

also it was frowned upon to kill officers during this era. but eventually the Americans decided to kill the British officers to gain a tactical advantage as they moved into guerilla warfare
    You remind me of this xD

Ye ye very interesting. Are we going to have to live through few more expansions before Assassin's Creed-4 again?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos80 View Post
    Ye ye very interesting. Are we going to have to live through few more expansions before Assassin's Creed-4 again?
    Who cares as long as they are good?

I care. And I don't think i'm the only one. As I said in another thread, the sequels to Asscreed 2 did nothing but stagnate the series and make Ezio, a character I liked, outstay his welcome and become boring. Asscreed 2 was good enough to stand on it's own (although would have been better with a little bit of resolution of... I don't know, Ezio remembering he's an assassin and killing the fat bloke), and hopefully Asscreed 3 will be too.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    Who cares as long as they are good?
    Ye that's the problem, everything between AC2 and 3 wasn't really good. More of a same old same old, let's add famous building over there and call it a new town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Woah woah hold on a minute. An assassin that finally is able to walk on trees?
    "After centuries of evolution, the assassins have evolved to walk on trees... Look at this male specimen, leaning on those branches, getting ready to strike on its prey."

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos80 View Post
    Ye that's the problem, everything between AC2 and 3 wasn't really good. More of a same old same old, let's add famous building over there and call it a new town.
    Opinions are universal truths right?

Brotherhood > AC2

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    "After centuries of evolution, the assassins have evolved to walk on trees... Look at this male specimen, leaning on those branches, getting ready to strike on its prey."

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 01:46 PM ----------

Opinions are universal truths right?

Brotherhood > AC2
    Agreed, brotherhood was the best game so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the trailers and information on characters you engage with in this game it really does smack of American bias so far.

I'm hoping for a neutrality to it, and not cheapening the Assassin/Templar war storyline to max out on NA sales.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    Does anyone have a link for the naval battle? Couldn't see it since it was very late where I live :P

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 09:18 AM ----------

Never mind my pretties, I found it.
    That actually looks pretty damn cool.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    From the trailers and information on characters you engage with in this game it really does smack of American bias so far.

I'm hoping for a neutrality to it, and not cheapening the Assassin/Templar war storyline to max out on NA sales.
    Don't be silly. Early portions of the game. The game isn't just the Revolutionary War, and the Americans will not be portrayed as the good guys. We already know that George Washington acquires and uses an Apple of Eden. People that do that quickly become the enemies of the Assassins. Don't forget Connor is also half British.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Don't be silly. Early portions of the game. The game isn't just the Revolutionary War, and the Americans will not be portrayed as the good guys. We already know that George Washington acquires and uses an Apple of Eden. People that do that quickly become the enemies of the Assassins. Don't forget Connor is also half British.
    It's not being silly, it's an opinion from what I've seen and read so far. I'm not saying "OH MY GOD IT'S ALL PRO AMERICA" I'm saying I hope that's not the case.

Besides what's he going to do, kill Washington? Great job for historical accuracy.

It's not being silly, it's an opinion from what I've seen and read so far. I'm not saying "OH MY GOD IT'S ALL PRO AMERICA" I'm saying I hope that's not the case.

Besides what's he going to do, kill Washington? Great job for historical accuracy.
    My own theory is he'll take the apple from Washington. Keep in mind though, the Templars control everything, including the history books. So even if he does kill Washington it would still be historically accurate in a sense as in the world of Assassin's Creed his death would just be covered up by the Templars.

I'm sorry to say but you need to read more man. The British didn't really have a strong presence in America after the Revolutionary War, who do you think you're gonna kill when it's over? Also, modern America is ruled by the Templars. In fact, Communism was created by the Assassins in an attempt to defeat Capitalism, which was invented by the Templars. I'd bet the farm that at least one of the founding fathers is a Templar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry to say but you need to read more man. The British didn't really have a strong presence in America after the Revolutionary War, who do you think you're gonna kill when it's over? Also, modern America is ruled by the Templars. In fact, Communism was created by the Assassins in an attempt to defeat Capitalism, which was invented by the Templars. I'd bet the farm that at least one of the founding fathers is a Templar.
    I wasn't aware how much of the AC3 story is post Revolutionary War, do you have a link to that timeline for the game?

I wasn't aware how much of the AC3 story is post Revolutionary War, do you have a link to that timeline for the game?
    Sorry but I don't. I read it on the AC wiki somewhere, and that place is like TVtropes, easy to lose yourself in it lol. If you've only played the games you'd be surprised how much extra information is available out there, it's freakin nuts. I read stuff on the wiki for like 6 hours straight and felt like I'd still barely scratched the surface.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can totally see them doing the French revolution with Connor since he is alive during that time and roughly ezios age in brotherhood or revelations by that time period.

I just really do hope they do not make an assassins creed in feudal japan or china, mostly because i feel it will become to much like a bad martial arts movie. with a lot of familiar plot points. I'm sure they can find a good way to do it though, but i would love some british india or french indo china (vietnam, cambodia, thailand) instead.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 05:08 PM ----------

Sorry but I don't. I read it on the AC wiki somewhere, and that place is like TVtropes, easy to lose yourself in it lol. If you've only played the games you'd be surprised how much extra information is available out there, it's freakin nuts. I read stuff on the wiki for like 6 hours straight and felt like I'd still barely scratched the surface.
    the wiki is techically a history book, the main reason why i did not like revelations as much as brotherhood(my fav) was not just because there were much fewer side missions and stuff to do (unlike in brotherhood where u had Leonardo mission, thief/hooker/mercenary missions that gave rewards and fun) but also because shakulu and whats his name were not very prevelent in the game, although reading on who shakulu was in real life on the wiki (varification with a real wiki/other soruces) was a total badass and was represented well ingame to have survived not 1 but 2 assassinations by ezio.

This gives a little insight on the George Washington apple: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Third_Apple

and it also tells about a space apple of eden.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect the part during the revolution will be pretty biased towards the colonist's side. I figured that was a given. If they tried otherwise I expect they would catch all sorts of flak on this side of the pond. Sales impacting flak. However, I can see any of the game that takes part before or after the revolution being much more critical of the "revolutionaries." The character actually says that he is not interested in their revolution during one of the videos. He is just after the templars. Still, he was talking to a colonist at the time and the target was with the British.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.