Would you take the Power?

So I was reading the thread that asked, "Would you accept immortality if you could never die", and I started wondering what other flaws could come with superpowers.

So here's how this works: Someone posts a power with a drawback. The person below says if they'd take the power or not (and why), and then posts their own. And so forth.

You have the power to relive every day once(think Groundhog day). The downside is you have to relive every day, and either day could be "the" day in your timeline. Which means if you punch your boss in the face on monday #1 and actually do your work on monday #2, come tuesday, there's a 50/50 chance that you punched your boss.

Would you take the Power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

No because some accomplishments I make in life that I might not be able to duplicate might not carry over.

The ability to materialize any item (that actually exist at the current time) in front of you. The down side is the item(s) had to come from somewhere, so your technically stealing them and you can't put them back unless you are where they originally were which might be across the world.

Sure. I just wouldn't take something high profile.

You'd be the smartest man in the universe, with an infinitely multiplying intelligence, perfect memory, etc. However, you'd be completely insane, and your insanity would multiply too.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoranos View Post
    Sure. I just wouldn't take something high profile.

You'd be the smartest man in the universe, with an infinitely multiplying intelligence, perfect memory, etc. However, you'd be completely insane, and your insanity would multiply too.
    sure! I'd be the crazy oracle guy who knows everything, and get enough money to build an asylum to call home! <3

Here's one: You have the ability to fly great distances but it's powered by farts. Your butt is essentially a jetpack.

WOULD YOU TAKE THAT POWER?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    sure! I'd be the crazy oracle guy who knows everything, and get enough money to build an asylum to call home! <3

Here's one: You have the ability to fly great distances but it's powered by farts. Your butt is essentially a jetpack.

WOULD YOU TAKE THAT POWER?
    Hells yeah I would. Hopefully there wouldn't be too much follow through though...

You can hear peoples thoughts, but you hear everyone's thoughts as though they're speaking them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Hells yeah I would. Hopefully there wouldn't be too much follow through though...

You can hear peoples thoughts, but you hear everyone's thoughts as though they're speaking them.
    Was thinking about that yesterday. Would be awesome but you'd go insane after 1 hour.

Would be able to have the power to remove people you dont like from your life (kind of killing but without the body, they are just gone).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Would be able to have the power to remove people you dont like from your life (kind of killing but without the body, they are just gone).
    Nope, I would feel like a bit of a dick =L

You have to the power to travel to the future (only the future not back) but there is a chance than when you travel you will go forwards an extra 10 minutes - 10 years, and this is completely random. Would you take the power?

Deleted
    Hell yeah. Singularity point here I come!

You get to be the worlds leader, gaining absolute power. The catch is you only have 1 chance, if you fuck up the world there's no "LOAD" button.

Deleted
    No because once everybody I know is dead, there would be no point in living on.

Deleted
    You can bang any chicks you want, of your choice, whenever you want. But the catch is that your boner never goes down.

Nope! Unless I had an endless supply of of condoms, that would turn bad fast.

You gain the powers of spider man, but the webbing shoots from your genitals!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

No. That would probably hurt...a lot.

You have perfect vision, and can see through anything. However, you can see everything in the universe, and do so constantly. Talk about overload.

Deleted
    No. That would probably hurt...a lot.

You have perfect vision, and can see through anything. However, you can see everything in the universe, and do so constantly. Talk about overload.
    Wouldn't have that power, would always be seeing the Sun and then eventually go blind.

You can freeze time at will, however every object and living thing in the Universe apart from yourself (Even your clothes and accessories) are frozen in time so you have to run around butt naked.

No, you wouldn't really be able to do anything but walk around. Unless you could unfreeze doors and stuff, you'd be stuck wherever you were.

You can turn anyone and anything into one hundred billion dollars, however you must have a very strong (positive, aka love) emotional attachment to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    You can bang any chicks you want, of your choice, whenever you want. But the catch is that your boner never goes down.
    What's the problem...

Deleted
    No, you wouldn't really be able to do anything but walk around. Unless you could unfreeze doors and stuff, you'd be stuck wherever you were.

You can turn anyone and anything into one hundred billion dollars, however you must have a very strong (positive, aka love) emotional attachment to it.
    Sure man. I would just turn that ability into that money. OMG IM SO SMART LOL

You can speak any and all languages in the world, but you will never feel "home" anywhere again. You will want to travel and talk forever.

Quote Originally Posted by achareat View Post
    You can speak any and all languages in the world, but you will never feel "home" anywhere again. You will want to travel and talk forever.
    Ugh, no thanks - I like my peace and quiet too much!

How about you're immune to all forms of damage (including illness, cancer, etc), but you still have the pain and it's twice as strong.

Id take that power, but id also be VERY careful... since if you were immune to illness or cancer, then the only things that could theoretically hurt you would be things that happened everyday like beng runover for eg.

What if you could turn invisible as and when you liked, but anything you touched would disappear. (yes that means you'd be running around butt naked again)

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sure, but as log as tehre's something to live with, because if it means become immortal on the current system, hell no.