Page 1 of 2
LastLast

/target Burning Tendons is failing me

/target Burning Tendons is failing me. sometimes it doesnt target the tendon...

Use /tar boss2

10+ Year Old Account
    boss2 is left tendon, boss3 is right tendon.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

boss2 is both tendons.

Deleted
    What we think, there are 2 tendons (left and right), and although one of them is LoS-ed, it is still there. So if you stand on the Spine in a way that the hidden tendon is nearer to you - macro actually trying to target it and fails.
    I never had targetting problems as melee (obviously I stand right in front), but ranged dps do have problems sometimes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Use /tar boss2
    This always works for me without fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    boss2 is left tendon, boss3 is right tendon.
    Nope, boss2 is whichever tendon is currently targetable.

/target boss2
    /target boss3
    /target burning tendons

will that work for 100% guaranteed targeting?

idk what we're talking about, but is it supposed to be plural? Could it be possible it's burning tendon?
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Deleted
    Is it /target Burning tendon or /target Burning TendonS ? Cause its called without S on the end. Noob question but thats how you typed it :P

It's called with S on the end, so everything is right there.

/tar boss2 always works

wouldn't /tar burning just be enough, since there's only one thing named with like this ?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a range thing. If you are standing too far from it the target macro will not work no matter what version you write in it. I always run closer to it after the blast (there is a few seconds to do so before tendon is targetable)
    Last edited by Lilija; 2012-03-01 at 09:57 AM.

you could also just do an assist macro on a melee DPS, they should be on the tendon after all

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloris View Post
    you could also just do an assist macro on a melee DPS, they should be on the tendon after all
    The reason people make that macro is due to later phases of the fight when you have a lot of bloods running around plus melee has to move away from the blast anyway so they in exactly same situation for targetting as ranged are.

Just do /tar boss 2.

For reference here is my tendon macro, has never messed up.

/cleartarget
    /tar boss2
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /use Bottled Wishes
    /cast Demon Soul
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Curse of the Elements
    /cast Felstorm
    /petattack
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Deleted
    does /tar boss2 work if you have the boss hpframes disabled? as i assume it works through the UI feature blizz stufk in were the bos hp frames appear on the oposite side to your characters so if you got some custom ui which removes them it won't work?

Deleted
    Some reasoning to why it sometimes doesn't work, regardless of having a proper targeting macro:

The boss is ultimately split into 2 equal sides - left and right, and there is almost a "LoS blocker" line between the two straight in the middle. You can never be standing in the middle, you are always physically located either on the left or right. And while that blocker does not prevent you from dpsing things on the other side, it does prevent you targeting things on the other side via macros.

So if you are opening up the left tendon - your macro with the creature name (not boss2) will work flawlessly if you are also standing on the left side and will do jack if you are standing on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    The boss is ultimately split into 2 equal sides - left and right, and there is almost a "LoS blocker" line between the two straight in the middle. You can never be standing in the middle, you are always physically located either on the left or right. And while that blocker does not prevent you from dpsing things on the other side, it does prevent you targeting things on the other side via macros.

So if you are opening up the left tendon - your macro with the creature name (not boss2) will work flawlessly if you are also standing on the left side and will do jack if you are standing on the right side.
    It may prevent you from /tar burning tendons because the one still hidden might be targeted but boss2 works no matter on which side you stand; I mostly stand on the right side and we always go for the left tendon and it always works.