Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    actually the buff on madness made it harder last night haha, we were killing way too fast , tank cd's etc weren't up the impales so flop flop :P
    got my gurth hc though *happydance*

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    So no, top 10k isn't set yet. Top 1k barely is.
    Now now... maybe he meant top 10k players, that would be roughly accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Now now... maybe he meant top 10k players, that would be roughly accurate.
    Yeah, this is what I'm thinking as well.

OT: I had forgotten about the 10% nerf, we'll see how it affects things... Kind of a catch 22 when you just want to clear everything as fast as possible (cuz we're only farming epix/mounts at this point) but you still hate to see the bosses you worked hard on just topple over.

Deleted
    We killed Hagara yesterday with the 5% extra nerfs, kinda a shame as we just needed those 10 more tries and not the nerfs. Blackhorn feels incredibly easy atm, but dunno if that is due to nerfs.

Cleared DS in 2.5 hours and have the rest of the week to do whatever. Can't wait til clearing DS is only 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    It felt really substantial to us :

Seems like HMs that the ultra hard HMs became 'tough' and 'tough' ones became 'lol'. No feeling of achievement at all, even if the boss was 'a brick wall' before that.

Thoughts ?
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. If you want a real challenge, join a good raiding guild and defeat the bosses before the nerf bat hits, when they are actually hard. If you're just now progressing on H Spine or H Madness your guild is just not that good, and may even need the nerf to defeat those 'brick walls'.

And if it's still too easy for you, just turn it off.

Being in a guild that has 8/8 heroic I really enjoy these nerfs, since one can be done with DS in 2 hours on wednesday and have the rest of the week off. Killed them when they were hard, proved that we are capable of doing so, and now just chilling out and be done on wednesday. Sounds pretty good to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Yeah, I'm actually gonna do the exact same: As soon as we have everything on farm with nerf, and completed any old content achievements we might have been missing, we're gonna do stuff without the nerf. Should be somewhat of a challenge
    nope. every week you nerf the bosses by getting better gear

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It made our core raiders clear of normal plus heroic Morchok that little bit faster. They used to do it over two short raid nights, now it is all done within 1.5 hours.

For me personally, I might be able to get in a guild run when the buff is 20%. I am not a great player and don't want to weigh the group down, so I bide my time. LFR is enough for me currently.

Deleted
    I don't know what it was, but suddenly spine just felt like nothing was going to kill us. It went from a tough fight still to nothing more than don't fuck up and it'll die. The damage overall just felt considerably less.

Always nice for Nerfs to let guilds that need a little extra push to keep progressing. Doesn't take away from guilds that killed stuff pre-nerf, but let's others have in on the fun too.
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Honestly, I don't care anymore. Game is boring me (no, I don't have 8/8H, I can still be bored) so anything to make raid nights less painful I will welcome with open arms.
    Pretty much this. If my guildies want to do HM, I'll gladly join their effort. If the buff makes it easier/faster, even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. If you want a real challenge, join a good raiding guild and defeat the bosses before the nerf bat hits, when they are actually hard. If you're just now progressing on H Spine or H Madness your guild is just not that good, and may even need the nerf to defeat those 'brick walls'.

Being in a guild that has 8/8 heroic I really enjoy these nerfs, since one can be done with DS in 2 hours on wednesday and have the rest of the week off. Killed them when they were hard, proved that we are capable of doing so, and now just chilling out and be done on wednesday. Sounds pretty good to me.
    This just isn't true. If a guild raids for 16 hours a week as yours did and clears 8/8 HM before nerfs it doesn't necessarily mean that guild is "better" than a guild that raids 9 hours a week and cleared 6/8H before nerfs.

Though, you are probably the type of person that thinks "hardcore" means good and "casual" means bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    >>Buff makes it easier
    >>don't turn off buff
    >>complain it is too easy
    >>HURR BUT IM ELITE!
    This is not 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    If you arent done with HM's yet, you need the buff.
    I don't need the buff and I'm not done with HM now, I just have a light schedule.

The buff is fine, but I think they just started it too early, right now would have probably been the perfect time to announce 5% at the end of March. Encouters should nerf themselves with the gear you get first.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Thats quite a statement from someone who was just 2/8 just 7 seven days ago and is still only 4/8.
    Why? Is progress related to enjoyment?
    I never stated I was pro or think i am. All i am saying is that a kill doesn't feel good anymore. Its just meh. There's like no learning curve.

---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 07:39 PM ----------

So the blizz nerf is actually aimed at you, marvellous! I'm glad you cam take more days off, I really am. But is killing a nerfed boss as fun as a pre nerf? That was the initiL qustion, try answering it maybe?

Deleted
    We actually wiped more with the 10% buff than 5% because people thought it would be a lot easier.

Deleted

Oh you killed them when they were hard? seems like your achievements say otherwise.

2 hour heroic DS clears are fun. ty nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    5% less damage is just not enough to prevent you and your raid from dying.
    Probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. Grats.

Infracted. If you don't have something constructive to add then don't post - Wilderness