Quest rewards dark side points to light side char?

Im lvl 47 sorcerer and im only LIGHT II by now, cos few things that bothers me.

1st, some quests award (apart from gear and exp) dark side points which i dont want? Is that intended or bug?

2nd, in conversations with NPCs, many times there is only dark side option or neutral one? Intended or bug?

For comparison, my dark side marauder also at lvl 47 always gets dark side conversation option and always gets dark side points from quests, so he got to dark IV really fast, soon dark V.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    1st, some quests award (apart from gear and exp) dark side points which i dont want? Is that intended or bug?
    You never get DS points forced on you so that means you've picked Dark Side dialogue options. Perhaps you should turn on the display DS/LS gain next to dialogue options in the preferences?

2nd, in conversations with NPCs, many times there is only dark side option or neutral one? Intended or bug?
    Isn't that obvious? Occasionally you get an option to kill someone for fun or just continue with normal conversation. Simply not killing some random guy you're talking to isn't "Light Side", it's just being a normal person, so no points. You also get conversations where you have Light Side options but no Dark Side options, usually the option to help someone a bit or just ignore them and ignoring someone begging for credits isn't exactly an exceptional dark act of evil. Makes perfect sense to me.

For comparison, my dark side marauder also at lvl 47 always gets dark side conversation option and always gets dark side points from quests, so he got to dark IV really fast, soon dark V.
    The Sith quests tend to be about running around terrorizing people and thus they have a lot of Dark Side options. The Jedi quests tend to be about helping someone or something and thus they have a lot of Light Side options. If you go against the stereotype, you'll just have fewer opportunities to get alignment points.

The quest rewards dark side points are ALWAYS the result of dark side choices you made.
    Thats because darkside/light side point are awarded at the end of the quest, never instantly after you made the decision. its the same with social points.

and yes, there are sometimes just dark side or neutral choices and sometimes just light side and neutral choices.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    The quest rewards dark side points are ALWAYS the result of dark side choices you made.
    Thats because darkside/light side point are awarded at the end of the quest, never instantly after you made the decision. its the same with social points.

and yes, there are sometimes just dark side or neutral choices and sometimes just light side and neutral choices.
    Strange, i got the quest, didnt have any dialogue during it for possible missclick, killed some trash and got dark points in return when handed quest. Last time i made dark choice was 20 levels ago i think.
    But, as jakkalli said, going against the stereotype (sith=evil=dark) slows down alignment progress. Too bad

Don't know about Sith, but on my Trooper, BH and Jedis, there's almost always only binary Light/Dark choices. Sometimes, I'd wish for a neutral option, but alas...

Leveled a Sith Sorcerer to 50 with nothing but light side points (0 dark) and currently leveling a Trooper Commando (at 43) with all dark side points (0 light). My companions get super mad at me though for playing this way. You should go to interface options and turn on dark/light side gain display on conversations if you keep making wrong choices.

Maybe it was just me but I thought while leveling my Inquisitor they give you every chance to be evil. I thought it was a lot more choices to be evil than on my BH.

Strange, i got the quest, didnt have any dialogue during it for possible missclick, killed some trash and got dark points in return when handed quest. Last time i made dark choice was 20 levels ago i think.
    But, as jakkalli said, going against the stereotype (sith=evil=dark) slows down alignment progress. Too bad
    There are some quests where you have two possible people you can turn it in to and depending on who you turn the quest into decides if you get lightside or darkside points.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisco View Post
    Maybe it was just me but I thought while leveling my Inquisitor they give you every chance to be evil. I thought it was a lot more choices to be evil than on my BH.
    Yes, i would agree on that completely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have Show Alignment Options turned off in your preferences? There's your problem. Turn it on, use your mouse to mouse over your options instead of numkeys, and you will see which option is LS and which is DS.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

I've leveled my sith juggernaut to 50 and I've roughly 400 LS points away from light side 5. The only reason I'm NOT light side 5 is because a couple of dudes just HAD to die, dark side points be damned.

NO quest forces you to gain ONLY light side or dark side, ALL of them either have the option of 1 or the other, or have the option of picking 1 or taking a neutral choice. If you got dark side points it's because you chose the dark side response rather than the light or neutral side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctanessa View Post
    Do you have Show Alignment Options turned off in your preferences? There's your problem. Turn it on, use your mouse to mouse over your options instead of numkeys, and you will see which option is LS and which is DS.
    There is also an option to that will show you the alignment of each choice without a mouse over.