Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    People saying 98% is doable in weeks or a month or two are delusional.
    Agreed!

I'm on 1347/1400 achievements and 1347 is 96% (14580/~15250 points, so I have ~95% if calculated on points).
    There are 162 World Event achievements, which is more than 10% of the total, so you're going to need at least ~130 of theses to get to 98% of the total achievements, which I guess in theory could be done in ~10 months, but this would be that you'd have to be pretty much on 100% of the non World Event achievements.

So I'd say ~10 months is theoretically the shortest time possible to get 98% of the achievements done, depending on which of the WE's you're going to do without / when you start the race to gather the points.

Deleted
    Well even if you ignore the world achievements (due to time restrictions) you still have those dailies at Molten Front, Argent tournament and other daily stuff (fishing, cooking, oracles, frenzyheart, kalu'ak and stuff i've forgotten). Add the pvp achievements, everything else (even including Salty, even the feat Insane etc) is rather fast paced but those literally take ages imho. So excluding 100 wins at every bg, actual tier hardmodes, 25k+ HKs and you should still sit at 50+ days /played.

So unless you want to play for an unhealthy amount of time you basically can include the world achievements and spend about a year on all of that (that's still 3-4h average playtime a day assuming 50 days /played). Maybe i'm totally off with my math but that looks reasonable to me.

Having farmed from 4k to 14.3k in about a year. From level 1 to 85 and wanting 98% of achievements which is close to what I have here is my estimate:
    About 14-16 months playing between 6-8 hours everyday. I base this on me being unemployed and putting a ton of time into these achievements. You'll also need to use your 25 daily slots basically everyday and raid lead tons of old raids.

Edit: ignore my sig, it's pretty old.

I played my paly for a year and didn't play alts much and I'm a few points away from 14k (then stopped that toon hardcore). If you're serious I highly suggest that you do as many of the pvp ones while leveling, as I found that to be sooooo much easier to get then trying to do them on fresh 85s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    74% achievements here, and barely any PvP ones, so you don't need those.
    I'm at 92% with 142/229 PvP and only mising 18 non-pvp ones (2 of which the are DMF Arena... so more 'pvp')
    You will def need alot of PvP achivs to get to 98%

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tt/achievement

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 14225 (94%) with 150 days /played, in calendar time that's about 1y 9 months (I took 3 months off during FL). I only got into achievements 3-4 months after I started the toon but then that was my prime focus (reason I play the game basically), so I'd say 1 year (calendar time) if you're dedicated to get to 95%. Note that I've only partly done the grindy pvp achieves.

98% would be tough, but if you're highly skilled in pvp and have a group of friends that are as well, then it's quite possible (for the tough arena/rated bg achieves).

I can't like my armory yet but it's Viriya of Shu'halo if you want to check.