Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Evermorph, Banable?

So i was looking into getting Evermorph for wow, is it a banable offence to use the programme?

Deleted
    i think it is bannable, but i thin hard for blizzard to detect. a lot of arena / pvp videos i watched seemed to use evermorph.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think it is bannable, but i thin hard for blizzard to detect. a lot of arena / pvp videos i watched seemed to use evermorph.
    Is it banable just for using in general or just using it to your advantage? eg, making dance something really obvious so you can see it a mile away ect?

Deleted
    It's bannable if you use any of its functions, like: morphing spells, animation, gear... all of it.
    But it is almost impossible for them to detect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Is it banable just for using in general or just using it to your advantage? eg, making dance something really obvious so you can see it a mile away ect?

not sure, but i remember in tbc or maybe wotlk people were using it (or a simmilar program) to morph things like mining nodes and herb plants into things they could see from really far away, that was bannable, i am not sure if morphing your tauren into a dwarf is though. and even if it is, its hard to detect i think.

It is stated that they go to great lengths to hide what it is doing.
    Therefore it is pretty obvious that it is doing something blizzard do not allow.
    And therefore can get you banned.
    Whether it is deemed detectable or not is irrelevant.
    You should not be using it.

Whatever the purpose, it is still against the terms of use.
    If I was able to create gold from nowhere and send it to newbie characters I could get banned.
    It would not matter that it was not for my personal benefit.

You can get banned for evermorph if you abuse it, like morphing things to Ragnaros or stuff like that. You are not getting any actual advantage if you morph to a different race so i don't think they would care if they somehow found out that you were using it.

Deleted
    It's no matter what you use it for, it's a 3rd part software, which interferes with your World of Warcraft experience. It's stated pretty obvious in the Terms of Use @ III - Limitation on Your Use of World of Warcraft - 2.1.

That said they'll have a hard to detecting you using it, since I believe the developer knows his stuff, and how to avoid being detected.
    - Plus, everdox even states

"evermorph was designed not to give you an unfair advantage in any aspect of the game under any condition. Instead it was designed so that you can enjoy your playtime to the fullest. This does not mean you cannot be banned, you very well can and will if they choose."

in this OP @ Ownedcore, so it's pretty obvious it's not 100% secure.

i think its like how model editing was back in old WoW. Blizzard let it slide if it was like human male to undead female or somthing as it was client and nothing major was being broken. If you made a camp fire into stairs and stod 10000ft above everyone or made a tunnel in WSG to get the flag then yes its banable. Changing your race now and then for abit of lol like making a gnome paladin. I think they would let it slide abit as long as its not abused.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    You can get banned for evermorph if you abuse it, like morphing things to Ragnaros or stuff like that. You are not getting any actual advantage if you morph to a different race so i don't think they would care if they somehow found out that you were using it.
    Pretty sure only you can see what is changed. I didn't use something similar it to get green fire back in TBC, for my own enjoyment. and to point out how frikkin easy it would be to make green fire.

Technically, what it does is against the ToS. You'd be rolling the dice. No way to know how serious they take its use, whether you're doing anything game-breaking or not.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

if you do use it and get logged they wont ban you immediately anyway, they will do it in the sweeping bot bans they do..

It's bannable. But like with botting, Blizzard has no chance of detecting it themself.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    It's bannable. But like with botting, Blizzard has no chance of detecting it themself.
    unless they log it, do a sweep, or someone narcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I'm pretty sure warden would catch it as it changes mpq files around. It's just a matter of whether or not the GM considers it bad enough to slap you on the wrist for it. Did some sniffing around on these kinds of programs back when I was farming eggs for netherwing. Wanted to have them be ginormous trees instead of tiny little eggs...
    Look! Words!

It uses memory injection; ofc they can detect it; it's like waving with a giant flag and yelling 'here I am'.

Deleted
    It either modifies MPQ files (replaces the texture files before WoW starts) or modifies the process memory (redirects resource loads to different resources). Both are detectable, the question is whether Blizzard will bother.
    They've done it before with Sons of Hodir repeatables.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Pretty sure only you can see what is changed. I didn't use something similar it to get green fire back in TBC, for my own enjoyment. and to point out how frikkin easy it would be to make green fire.
    Don't think he mentioned that other people can see your morphed things. It just helps you see things from far away.

Deleted
    As other has said, it is bannable and is the same thing as using a bot aka a third party software and will be dealt with as the same.

I know alot of people who use it and have been using it for a long time, I don't think its perma bannable but idk

(inb4 lock)