Thread: Damn hood

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Damn hood

How the hell can i hide the hood that comes with my chest? As a guardian every chest i get comes with that hood that hide my wonderful hair XD

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can't hide the hood yet. It is something that they are working on, based upon player request.

The only way to get the hood to hide currently is if your headpiece force hides it. In that case, you can hide the headpiece to show the hood and show it to remove the hood. I think only Consular has headpieces that do this on the Rep side.

Right now it's a toss up between wearing the hood or looking like Geordie Laforge.

This is crap man.......

This is one of the major complaints I have too on my knight. The other thing that bothers me is that I can't hide my companion's head slot. My Kira looks like she is balancing a dinner table on her head since most of the helms I've come across for her look like graduation caps. They did mention that they are adding an option to hide hood and companion helms. I hope that's in 1.2.

I find the hood disappearing with helms kind weird... For instance, there is a medium/heavy helm on the Imp side that looks like the mouth covering Malgus wears, and if you have that on with a hooded chest piece, the hood stays up, but there is another head piece that basically covers your entire neck, and nothing else, but if you wear that, the hood disappears. I don't understand this... the other thing though, is that if you wear a helm that is completely skin tight (nothing large protruding from it in any direction) the hood disappears, but in the cinematic where the Sith sac the Jedi temple, all of them are wearing that style of helm, with the hoods up! I mean, come on, that makes sense, so why can we not do this in game? Especially, since if you have the hood up, it makes all your hair disappear off the top of your head...

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilarious. Jedi knight forums: omg bw I hate it everything has hoods. Sith warrior forums: everything looks like a robot I just want a damn hood up.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Bioware have stated in the recent friday Q & A Session, they talked about implementing a hood on/off feature. But until then for Jedi Knights the Head piece from Hoth commendation vendor forces your hood down (Venerable Paragon (?) ). The same commendation vendor sells a circlet like helmet for Consulars. You can buy that for Kira and upgrade it as you level if you want a non dining table or broom headpiece.

they have stated in a Q and A that they ARE going to implement a hood option--perhaps as soon as 1.2, which is just flippin' awesome.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Quote Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
    they have stated in a Q and A that they ARE going to implement a hood option--perhaps as soon as 1.2, which is just flippin' awesome.
    thank god, and that armor that ven zallow uses at the trailer and the loading screen, when i ll get that? it has a name?

Quote Originally Posted by viciouss View Post
    I find it hilarious. Jedi knight forums: omg bw I hate it everything has hoods. Sith warrior forums: everything looks like a robot I just want a damn hood up.
    This, I'd kill for a more traditional hooded robe on my Sith. Black, gray, or white works. Also, helms with hoods up. Pretty bloody stupid that wearing a helmet forces your hood to be down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed I would love to have hood with head piece especially on the jugg pvp set
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    thank god, and that armor that ven zallow uses at the trailer and the loading screen, when i ll get that? it has a name?
    It's the Jedi Battlelord set, it's an orange set obtained through roughly 45+ world drops.

OT: Hope they implement it soon; would be nice to use during RP.

All the people who play twi'lek complain that their hood doesn't show. All the people who play something else complain that their hood won't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    The other thing that bothers me is that I can't hide my companion's head slot.
    Lol, so true. My Quinn looks like he dressed up to go to a fancy dress formal dinner, then threw on a welder's mask to complete the ensemble.

I remember the beta forum posts whining about not getting enough hoods that are up, so they changed that: Too many hoods now?!?!, MMO players at their finest.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    I remember the beta forum posts whining about not getting enough hoods that are up, so they changed that: Too many hoods now?!?!, MMO players at their finest.
    i think it's more along the lines of: why give only one solution? just gimme the option, they'd say.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Why do you use "MMO players" as if it referred to a single being? Those who wanted hoods are satisfied and silent, those who liked how it used to be are voicing it instead.

As Qwell said, just give an option instead of a fixed solution and everyone's satisfied.

Hey, I wanted hoods and still want more. Don't group me with the rest of people who wanted some.

I've been running around with the Voss social 5 gear for awhile until I got pve gear that was better. When you can move set bonuses I will probably go back to being a Sith Inquisitor Jesus though :P