Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    The Sentinel Elite is part of a shadowy strikeforce of the Kaldorei army. With all the military discipline of the Sentinels, the precision attackpatterns of the Wardens and the knowledge of the lay of the land of the Huntresses, the Sentinel Elite is the pinnacle of Nightelven warfare. The enemies of Ashenvale have become paranoid towards even the slightest rustling of leaves... for one never knows when one of these lethal women may descend from the branches, to slit a throat and vanish wordlessly into shadow.

    "Sentinel Elite" (rogue)

    http://i.imgur.com/2jVV8.jpg
    http://mop.wowhead.com/compare?items...377:28414&l=80

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Steel, snow, and blood! The scent of prey is carried on the frigid winds, and the Frostwolf Beastlord is the first to catch it. Accompanied by spectral ancestral wolves, the Beastlord traverses the frozen mountaintops with effortless ease. Borrowing from both the Horde's dark past and shamanistic present, this new breed of Frostwolf champion is both ruthless and wise. Despite Drekthar's refusal to aid the Forsaken of Hillsbrad, the Orcs of the Alterac Mountains leave no doubt about the Frostwolves' true allegiance. With the Horde's crimson symbol displayed on each shoulder, they show to be a true and integral part of the Horde, where ever that path may lead.

    "Frostwolf Beastlord" (shaman)

    http://i.imgur.com/xkudz.jpg
    http://mop.wowhead.com/compare?items...31:32078:2577#.


    Ooh! I feel a change of clothes for my rawg coming on...
    Love the weapons in that set!
    Gotta wait 'till MoP before those currently-mainhand (soon-to-be-onehand) fistweapons become dualwieldable though.
    And fingers crossed that dropped item itemization will actually make dualwielding fistweapons a viable choice, at that.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-07-19 at 01:33 PM.

  2. #42
    Herald of the Titans Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Gotta wait 'till MoP before those currently-mainhand (soon-to-be-onehand) fistweapons become dualwieldable though.
    And fingers crossed that dropped item itemization will actually make dualwielding fistweapons a viable choice, at that.
    There is that, sadly. Haven't been able to sport fist weapons on my rogue since BC, which annoys me, because I like them best.
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,469
    The way of the Huojin is to leap into action without doubt or hesitation. To defend one's family, friends and values with ferocity unmatched, no matter the cost. The Primalist draws upon her savage ancestry to do just this; embracing her feral blood, she walks the thin line between savagery and inner peace, often sinking into a battle trance as she tears into her enemies. Like the beasts of the wild, no outer threat will be allowed to get remotely close to those she holds dear, or is sworn to protect.

    "Huojin Primalist" (monk)

    http://i.imgur.com/N4ptc.jpg
    http://mop.wowhead.com/compare?items...492;83080&l=80

  4. #44
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,469
    This mighty battlegarb is granted to only the fiercest and most cunning of Orgrimmar Guards, those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in the protection of the Horde metropolis. Dualwielding Monstrous War Axes and charging freely into the fray, their rank allows them to order other guards around-- and flog peons with impunity. For the Warchief!

    "Orgrimmar Grunt-Champion" (warrior)

    http://i.imgur.com/RCQdB.jpg
    http://mop.wowhead.com/compare?items...1640.308:15199

    Alternative:

    http://i.imgur.com/yjprO.jpg
    http://mop.wowhead.com/compare?items...08;28767:34699
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-07-31 at 01:07 PM.

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,469
    The Blood Elf Pyromancer has fully embraced the volatile power of fire magic. Reckless and powerful, the pyromancer delights in treading through the flames and spreading destruction with impunity. The council of silvermoon has expressed their concerns over the growing trend of magisters turning to the ways of the pyromancer, warning their kin to 'exercise caution'. Some pyromancers have been seen in the company of the children of Ragnaros, leading people to believe that their resurgance is related to the death of the Firelord and how the elemental plane of fire is trying to restore the balance of power without a figure of leadership.

    "Blood Elf Pyromancer" (mage)

    http://i.imgur.com/12GHR.jpg
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...42:30210:31546

    Yes, I know. Bikini cloth. :V

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  6. #46
    Herald of the Titans Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Yes, I know. Bikini cloth. :V
    Aw don't be upset, I was only joking about fireproof knickers

    It's a good looking set
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

  7. #47
    Great idea for a thread, and great contributions!

    I could use some advice. I'm making an argent skytalon rider set. What do people think about the helm in this setup?

    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...06:24458:45372

    Pro's: I like that it's more of a collar. I feel like an air-cav wouldn't do well with an eye-slit helm, because it strikes me that fliers need more visibility in a 3D environment.
    Con's: I can't decide if the colors are off, or if the floating rune thing is too much for an ordinary crusader.

    Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or suggestions!

  8. #48
    Alright, here is my themed set I made for myself for tanking.

    The Champion of the Blue Dragonflight



    And of course, while mounted too.



    And how I pulled the set off:
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...06:18348:40475

  9. #49
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Geary View Post
    Great idea for a thread, and great contributions!
    I could use some advice. I'm making an argent skytalon rider set. What do people think about the helm in this setup?

    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...06:24458:45372
    <snip>
    I like it, I actually really do. I don't really see any way to improve on that set, other than changing the belt for something more subdued.

    Zero: The set is great, but Quel'serrar's green glow is offputting for a blue theme. Consider instead Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade. (sheaths on the back, which is always boss)

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  10. #50
    Herald of the Titans Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I like it, I actually really do. I don't really see any way to improve on that set, other than changing the belt for something more subdued.

    Zero: The set is great, but Quel'serrar's green glow is offputting for a blue theme. Consider instead Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade. (sheaths on the back, which is always boss)
    Quel'Delar would also look good with that set, I reckon http://www.wowhead.com/item=50046 .
    Although doesn't have the awesome back-sheathing thing going on.
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

  11. #51
    I considered many options for a sword.

    I don't really find the green off-putting, the sword itself is perfect, the green glow I find to be a nice accent that isn't a total contrast (green is just the blend of the blue and yellow of the armor). Blue weapons without any glow, or with a blue glow, as 1H Swords, are VERY few and far between. Don't really like the look of the Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade... just too thin for my likings, and it's almost too primitive, in a sense. Quel'Delar might work, but well... getting a Battered Hilt is an age-long grind (only one I ever got went to my Druid back during WotLK, cause it was no good for Prot, and my Ret set got the 2H Sword off of Marrowgar, which was better). Plus, I did want to put my original Quel'Serrar to use (got it during WotLK, solo, before Ony's Level 80 release)

    That is something I will say about my transmog library... nothing is very "delicate" looking, despite being both a Paladin and a Blood Elf. My choice 2H Axe for the BiS weapon for Ret in MoP's 1st raid tier: Draconic Avenger, for example. Just my personal style.

  12. #52
    Herald of the Titans Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    That is something I will say about my transmog library... nothing is very "delicate" looking, despite being both a Paladin and a Blood Elf. My choice 2H Axe for the BiS weapon for Ret in MoP's 1st raid tier: Draconic Avenger, for example. Just my personal style.
    That axe is just plain badass. Picked it up myself when running BWL for a few judgment bits for my pally set on first page. I have to work that into a set. It's awesome.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 02:06 PM ----------

    Some of my recent sets. Yeah I'm crap at coming up with titles.

    Shaman.

    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...58:56494:37169

    Priest

    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...68:27538:60928

    Druid

    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...49:77172:34198
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=30021 is a good alternative staff – but bleh, power torrent

    Druid

    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...085:2237:33716
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

  13. #53
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    This mighty battlegarb is granted to only the fiercest and most cunning of Orgrimmar Guards, those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in the protection of the Horde metropolis. Dualwielding Monstrous War Axes and charging freely into the fray, their rank allows them to order other guards around-- and flog peons with impunity. For the Warchief!

    "Orgrimmar Grunt-Champion" (warrior)

    http://i.imgur.com/RCQdB.jpg
    http://mop.wowhead.com/compare?items...1640.308:15199

    Alternative:

    http://i.imgur.com/yjprO.jpg
    http://mop.wowhead.com/compare?items...08;28767:34699
    I *really* love the grunt set with the shield - sadly that damn shield is not available unless you fit the right level to get the quest - which is SO ANNOYING!

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  14. #54
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I *really* love the grunt set with the shield - sadly that damn shield is not available unless you fit the right level to get the quest - which is SO ANNOYING!
    It is, I have it on Rykha and she only set foot in that dungeon at 85. You get it automatically just before Theradras' room.



  15. #55
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    It is, I have it on Rykha and she only set foot in that dungeon at 85. You get it automatically just before Theradras' room.
    Wait wut?! I've tried a billion times, but the damn thing never popped up, I even asked a GM ages ago - hmmm... Well guess I'll be doing Maraudon soon'ish then....

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Wait wut?! I've tried a billion times, but the damn thing never popped up, I even asked a GM ages ago - hmmm... Well guess I'll be doing Maraudon soon'ish then....
    If you for some reason cannot complete the Maraudon quest, have no fear! The Theramore event will reward a shield with a similar model! Celebration!

    http://mop.wowhead.com/item=90036


    Love the lot of 'em. Already praised you for the latter one, and its' surprising mix of quest greens and epics that still looks coherent.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-08-07 at 02:42 PM.

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    If you for some reason cannot complete the Maraudon quest, have no fear! The Theramore event will reward a shield with a similar model! Celebration!

    http://mop.wowhead.com/item=90036
    Just hope it is a drop then, and not a quest reward, cause MoP's new questing system may not let a Warrior get it (since it only shows rewards based on your spec and class, in most cases, and both Paladins and Shamans can just switch to a caster spec to see it), and I got no clue whether the event's rewards will be restricted in that manner, so it is just speculation.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-08-07 at 02:44 PM.

  18. #58
    Herald of the Titans Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Wait wut?! I've tried a billion times, but the damn thing never popped up, I even asked a GM ages ago - hmmm... Well guess I'll be doing Maraudon soon'ish then....
    Have you enabled the 'Show low level quests' option on your mini-map?
    That quest popped for me when I went to maraudon on an 85 character and had that option enabled.

    Hope it helps.
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

  19. #59
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Have you enabled the 'Show low level quests' option on your mini-map?
    That quest popped for me when I went to maraudon on an 85 character and had that option enabled.

    Hope it helps.
    Just got it

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  20. #60
    Herald of the Titans Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Just got it
    Woo I do love a happy ending

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 05:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Love the lot of 'em. Already praised you for the latter one, and its' surprising mix of quest greens and epics that still looks coherent.
    Thanks <3
    I'm very pleased with that last one - I made a set for my rogue friend using the legs and chest, decided I liked em and tried to make something Druidic out of them. The result pleases me
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •