Jungling at low summoner levels, worth it?

So ive been wanting to get into playing a jungler for a few days now, however the account i mostly play on is only lvl10ish.
    Is it even viable to get into jungling at such a low level with the obvious lacking of mastery points and toptier runes etc?
    Someone that did it at low levels that could share some of his/hers experience would be great!

Not really sure about what champion to go for so some recommendations on that are also very welcome, i like the idea of a shaco jungler but he seems to lack any real endgame use so not sure whether i should give that a try or not.

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think I'd pick Shaco as first jungler. He's pretty complicated to play as is, and personally I feel that (despite his boxes) you really want some masteries/runes to help him out.

Despite my dislike for Warwick as Jungler (I think he's better in lane), the last discussion on the topic changed my mind. I think he's a good champ to start with for jungling. Pretty darn safe and easy to learn. He won't be a great option for jungling at the higher levels, but he's a good choice to learn the basics with safely and remains viable at higher levels, just in a different role.

Another option is Trundle. He will be viable throughout, but is a bit harder to get right.

The problem with jungling early is that you'll most likely make you 1vs2 lane lose hard because people don't know what champs do yet and aren't good enough to survive when outnumbered.

The other problem is that you might be even slower than the duo lanes -> not really worth it.

If you are sure you can do it without crippling your top lane and yourself (works best with a friend who queues with you) do it. If not it's quite risky.

I'm level 20 so far and i have done quite a lot of jungling up to this point, at extremely low levels i would recommend warwick, although very useless at early ganks, he becomes quite effective in the midgame.

Should point out that i almost always play with a pre made team of friends, so a lot of queue'ing against higher levels.

I've heard Fiddlesticks can do it without being super gimped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    YEah, runes and Masteries are a big part of Jungling. At low levels you just don't have the extra survivability. However, I have heard fiddlesticks, warwick, and shaco can jungle without them. I would recommend Warwick or Fiddle. Shaco is a lot harder to play.

Also, I wouldn't jungle solo que. Make sure your with a friend or two who can take solo top, because at that level people will bitch for hours.

I haven't played in a while but I went with warwick and I had great success jungling with him. Runes and all that just make it easier. I think the reason for his success is being able to gank players with his ult so it may be different with other junglers. I am in no way a pro or even any good (I do have great games with warwick) at LoL so I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I have a lot of games when I go into a jungle to...jungle...I get yelled at by players for not taking a lane. I dunno if it's right but I toss it up to them not knowing what jungling is and sometimes they stack 3 in one lane(lol) and leave 1 guy in a lane and the other completely open so they decide it's my fault.

If you trust your solo top then give it a shot. If you can't, then that can pretty much be a free tower and some kills early for the opposite team.

Deleted
    Very much worth it, especially as Shaco since no one but smurfs will know how to counter. If you play him right you'll win the game on your own with 20 minute surrenders.

You will very rarely lose games when our team has a decent solo top and a jungler and the enemy team doesn't have a jungle. Even if they have a jungler and you successfully counter him.