Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it just me, or do Warlocks look fun as hell in MoP?

For the last 6 years I've been meh about that class, but the new resource systems get me really excited to play one in MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Whether such a unique mechanism for each spec proves a blessing or a curse remains to be seen.

Several clases have a core mechanic shared across several specs, which makes a transition from one to another easier, such as combo-points, holy power etc.
    When you play one spec you know that your lessons learned in how to manage your resource will apply to a large degree to the others.

Potentially making them easier to balance when tweaking numbers on the core mechanic of a spec will not impact on other specs however.
    Time will tell.

true, we'll have to see how it turns out come release time, and more importantly, how these resource systems evolve throughout the expansion.

I'm still very excited to see them, enough to actually level a lock in time for MoP. I can't say the same for my priest that I've been playing for 5 years...
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun as hell, I see what you did there.

I may just level my warlock now!

Yeh looks fun, but they could've been more creative about affliction resource system since it's the same "power-up x spell". And removing soulburn from destro/demo will deny this specs instant demon summon, will hurt this specs in pvp for sure. Still waiting to see how end-level skills will look like, since in Cata they were pretty disapointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like they're getting the makeover they've needed for a long time.

Destruction in particular looks like it's going to be even more fun than playing (with) Fire.

My lock may very well supplant my mage.

I'm excited to see the class being distinguished further from Spriests and Fire Mages.

With locks being the lowest played class, I think it's a given a revamp was desperately needed. If they didn't do this, I have no idea what they could have done to entice more people to roll one. I know personally it's pretty much the only class I haven't leveled. I tried, but just couldn't do it. I hate every spec and it's just flat out boring. I will def roll one in Mists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    With locks being the lowest played class, I think it's a given a revamp was desperately needed. If they didn't do this, I have no idea what they could have done to entice more people to roll one. I know personally it's pretty much the only class I haven't leveled. I tried, but just couldn't do it. I hate every spec and it's just flat out boring. I will def roll one in Mists.
    I leveled my warlock to 85 last year, and frankly when I discovered that destruction was the worst of the three specs, I was disheartened. And predictably, I quit playing him as fervently as I once had. But now, I find that destro is one of the better specs, in-line with AFF and Demo, and puts out consistent numbers, plus the Pandaria talents, makes it all the more attractive. Now all I need to do is scrounge up the cash to reactivate my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, it could go either way.
    It could be neat and seamless, or it could be clunky and "complex for the sake of being complex".

I hope it's the former.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are fun now (level 69+) always have been

Deleted
    The only reason I stick to my lock: played him since release and he happens to have most achievements/mounts/titles.Now, for the first time ever, just by looking at the changes - I must say that I am very, very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I don't know, it could go either way.
    It could be neat and seamless, or it could be clunky and "complex for the sake of being complex".

I hope it's the former.
    This is my concern. I love destro and have played it for a long time now. I am really worried that while this sounds interesting it may just be 'Improved Soul Fire v2'. One of the reasons I have liked destro is because of the burst and I may be interpreting the info I have seen wrong but it seems to be moving away from that. Either way its a seems like a risky move that will either really fail or really rock. People probably wont agree with me but I had just been hoping that they would allow for another spell to keep Imp Soul Fire rolling (Like have it refreshed by CB) and keep the spec the same. Either way my lock will still be my main. I am hopeful but very apprehensive after seeing how previous revamps have gone.

The new resource system says PvE all over them. They fucked over destruction burst when cata came and I was forced to play affliction. Now they gonna fuck destro up down to the par with hunter focus system and demo becomes a pure PvE spec. Guess I'm staying affli if they dont implement the same retarded crap on that specc too. Or I just go back to my rogue.

Yes it does look to have less burst, but in also getting rid of the clunky ISF mechanism which was just downright boring and was tedious prior to a set bonus.

A bonus which is completely screwed over by the expansion, because it will only apply to a single spec.
    Therefore that leads me to believe that the design was changed significantly from that planned earlier.

Until we get to play it hands-on then we can only guess at the impact that will have.
    Theorycrafting is only guesses at best until we get real numbers, and a feel for the changes firsthand.

I'm quite happy with warlocks now, but I'm amazed that they actually try a complete overhaul. In a way, that is kind of needed as much of the complexity of the warlock now comes from the huge number of different spells used. As this number will definitely decrease (as you simply won't have several spells in several specs anymore), it's good to get some kind of clever ressource system instead. Actually, mana is not really an issue for affli and demo and absolutely nonexistent for destruction, which is kind of boring. So let the Demonic Rage / Embers come! Keeping at least one spec using "real" mana as a ressource is fine by me.
    Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

Deleted
    I had a feeling the warlock class would change again in MoP...

That's why I rolled one. New stuff > Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks have always been fun as hell to me, but I have to say getting 3 totally different flavours is making me salivate. If I ever get bored playing one spec, I'll just flip the switch and play the game in a totally different way. What's not to love?

10+ Year Old Account
    If spending more the double the time casting filler spells then we do now sounds like fun to you...then sure...it looks alright....

But in all seriousness, our mechanics outside of single target rotation look amazing. However our single target rotations looks about as interesting as an arcane mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    how were u meh about warlocks during tbc?