Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

410 Pauldrons of Radiant Glory or 403 Backbreaker Spaulders ?

Just a quick question... What's better? I recently got the heroic shoulder token because nobody needed it, and after I gemmed and enchanted it, I did some quick math, and I'm gaining "a lot" of (useless?) haste, and some mastery, and losing a high amount of crit. The strength gain is only 1 in favor of the 410 item. I'm not exactly sure it's better. Also, with the 410 item I get more hit "stats" over the cap (an extra 4 of them). Managed to get 8.02 with 403 item, and 8.05 with 410 one.
    This is my armory page. eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Edii/simple ( low number of posts, can't post links)

Backbreakers are probably better but my suggestion is just sim it.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=78742
    38 Sta
    1 Str
    53 Mastery (0.3)
    61 Armor
    125 Haste (0.98%)
    25 Hit (0.21%)
    vs
    142 Crit (0.79%)

Unless I am completely mistaken the 410 ones should be way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=78742
    38 Sta
    1 Str
    53 Mastery (0.3)
    61 Armor
    125 Haste (0.98%)
    25 Hit (0.21%)
    vs
    142 Crit (0.79%)

Unless I am completely mistaken the 410 ones should be way better.
    backbreaker got 2 red sockets with the same bonus, instead of 1 red 1 blue, so it's also +20 str and -20 hit
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Deleted
    I wouldn't say "way better" since haste is pretty much useless and it's only +1 str and +50 mastery. I think that the 225 Crit provides roughly the same ammount of DPS as the +1 str and +50 mastery +25 hit since the +25hit can be useless if you can optimize your hit to few ratings off the cap.

Mastery > crit = haste

Haste is no longer our "worst stat" since 4.3 increasing white damage. It also leads to more art of war procs with a faster weapon speed. Most places still massively underestimate how useful haste is. The 410 is better if you are willing to trust haste sims, if not use the 403s they are not much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    backbreaker got 2 red sockets with the same bonus, instead of 1 red 1 blue, so it's also +20 str and -20 hit
    Already gemmed the items with epic gems...

---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 10:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeequ View Post
    I wouldn't say "way better" since haste is pretty much useless and it's only +1 str and +50 mastery. I think that the 225 Crit provides roughly the same ammount of DPS as the +1 str and +50 mastery +25 hit since the +25hit can be useless if you can optimize your hit to few ratings off the cap.
    It's 142 crit after reforging and 25 hit is only useless if you're unable to reforge it off.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies. They're both gemmed with epic gems, not that it would matter a lot. I will probably use the 410 ones, except on spine hc, where I need as little expertise as possible (right?), and the 403 ones let me reforge the expertise away from the helm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It's 142 crit after reforging and 25 hit is only useless if you're unable to reforge it off.
    There is scenarios where you don't have to reforge your shoulders, so you can't automaticly drop 90 from the crit

Quote Originally Posted by Zeequ View Post
    There is scenarios where you don't have to reforge your shoulders, so you can't automaticly drop 90 from the crit
    You're not making sense...
    You can always reforge the haste to crit on those shoulders - the 25 hit comes from the blue gem slot...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pbad View Post
    Backbreakers are probably better but my suggestion is just sim it.
    Pbad why do you log out with a tank ring and the 416 tank trinket , is that only to boost your wowprogress gear rank?

http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/turalyon/Pbad
    Looks kinda sad if you really do that kind of effort for it.

Deleted
    I would do that, pbad, but the problem is that I really have no idea how

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ediii View Post
    Thanks for the replies. They're both gemmed with epic gems, not that it would matter a lot. I will probably use the 410 ones, except on spine hc, where I need as little expertise as possible (right?), and the 403 ones let me reforge the expertise away from the helm.
    I did myself find little expertise on Spine hc a little akward, becouse i allways did refresf my inqusition with 3hp when Amalgamation started casting explosion and then tryed to get another three quick 3hp for the burn. But the low expertise sometimes did slap to the face and bloods did parry or dodged attacks so i switched back to 26 expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by kath01 View Post
    Pbad why do you log out with a tank ring and the 416 tank trinket , is that only to boost your wowprogress gear rank?
    Of course it is, tiers been over for months and people get bored, same thing happens every tier. Look at the ret pally above me with healing gloves, mail belt, and tank trinket. Anyways I'm not sure how much effort equipping an item and logging out really takes but none of this is relevant to this thread.

Deleted
    Of course it is, tiers been over for months and people get bored, same thing happens every tier. Look at the ret pally above me with healing gloves, mail belt, and tank trinket. Anyways I'm not sure how much effort equipping an item and logging out really takes but none of this is relevant to this thread.
    looks kinda desperate and pathetic to me but yeah it's kinda irrelevant to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by kath01 View Post
    looks kinda desperate and pathetic to me but yeah it's kinda irrelevant to this thread
    What else is there to do - besides cheating rankings in old content or on farm bosses?
    You can't even post on mmo-champ anymore because there's only a handful of posts and like 1 new thread each day :/

woah, I'm actually the Holy pally above you with my healing gloves, mail belt, and tank trinket, at least until someone updated me

edit: nvm guess you meant on updated world rankings
    Last edited by Eviljoe; 2012-03-02 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviljoe View Post
    woah, I'm actually the Holy pally above you with my healing gloves, mail belt, and tank trinket, at least until someone updated me

edit: nvm guess you meant on updated world rankings
    I updated you

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 08:30 AM ----------

Too bad you don't have a Breathstealer Band

Seen 1 drop in the main run, go go random loot.

This thread derail much? lol

OT: Here is my debacle: Currently, I have the valor chest, which is technically BiS until heroic tier, BUT I have the Normal tier shoulders.

When the time comes for my guild to progress a little further, I'm going to have to convince them that I need a heroic chest token...and the Backbreaker Spaulders.

I've been tossing up and down in my head whether or not to take the normal spaulders now, and a normal chest token, take the small stat loss just to be ready to gear up from normal to heroic.

One of the posters in this thread had it right: Sim your character, it's the only real way you'll know what you need to do.