Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    KOTOR 1 and 2 were awesome, but after the horrible customer service I dont see myself ever giving BW any money again. I do own all of the SW games you can get on xbox and KOTOR's were the best, but between that and the fact that every run in with a csr when you submit a ticket feels like they found a new way to tell you to fuck off we dont care, I am done.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The only reason I'm still subscribed to the game is because friends raid in it. I enjoy doing that, but I'd enjoy raiding in any game. The end game raiding is worse than other mmos as it currently stands and there is nothing to do outside of raiding. Dailys are not enjoyable. Doing the same quests for 2 hours a day for 3 weeks is a no-no for me. WoW atm isn't much better. I switched to rift and the amount of stuff to do is leaps and bounds ahead of any other mmo at the moment. It has come a long way and it's almost like it was a secret that it got good. Maybe Swtor will be like Rift in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Interesting. TB and you share out dated ideas and thusly were all to follow along. I'll help you catch up. When mass effect 3 is released I will be granted all the content that was in mass effect 3. If I so choose their is bonus content available on the web but I am not required to buy it. If the internet were as readily available years ago and the cost of games was the same then as it is now you'd still see the same thing. Their are many forces at work at play here that TB remains ignorant about and refuses to even acknowledge. I argue with him and by extension you because you have ZERO facts on your side. You have no logic or reason. You pine for the some days in the past that didn't really exist simply because the method for creating additional content in the form of DLC did not exist and the drive for it did not exist. The rising cost of video games saw to this.

The better question is why do you feel you need to argue this? Do you feel like it will change because you and some demagogue on the internet has decided to champion a case that he really can't do anything about?
    So your argument and the logic behind it is that because businesses are now fracturing their products and selling pieces of them as 'additional content' for an extra price, that we are somehow misinformed or incorrect in our belief that companies shouldn't do that? That we are somehow 'sheeple' because we choose not to embrace the idea of giving a developer extra money for content that SHOULD HAVE been included in the game at no additional cost?

Did you eat paint chips for breakfast?

Just because a company decides to start doing business in a certain manner, that doesn't mean that consumers should support it or even embrace it. If YOU as a consumer, have no problem with giving BioWare extra money for content that was previously given away for no additional cost, then that's all you. Don't expect other people to just fall in line and fork over their hard earned money in the same fashion, and then call other people out as being 'ignorant' for not been sheeple like you.

And in case you missed it, ME3 is NOT released yet. The game has not come out yet, and we know about content that was developed along side the rest of the game PRIOR TO RELEASE that is being released at an extra cost to consumers. Those are facts, they are not opinions and they certainly are not up for debate.

Don't insult other posters. ~Rag

To be honest, I didn't like KotOR at all. All of my friends loved it except for one. He had exactly the same complaints about the game that I did.

On the other hand, I like Mass Effect a lot.

So you aren't alone in this.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Arog View Post
    No, in fact I am going to stay away from Bioware games due to SWTOR.
    Also, who the hell decided to pick up SwToR but had never played Mass Effect (or even KoToR) ? That group can't be very significant :P

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    During my two month stint in SWTOR I enjoyed the story element.

I picked up KOTOR on Steam for $10, but didn't really get in to it (maybe I didn't give it enough time or am too much of a graphics snob).

A couple weeks ago Amazon had Mass Effect I and II on sale for $5 a piece. I snatched them up in an instant.

From the moment I picked up Mass Effect I was hooked. I liken it to playing it to playing those great adventure click games from the likes of Sierra and LucasArts. Games such as Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Maniac Mansion, Full Throttle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and The Dig.

I played through Mass Effect and am now in the middle of Mass Effect 2. I can definitely see the Mass Effect and KOTRO DNA imprinted in SWTOR.

I'm thinking of trying out Dragon Age after I get done with Mass Effect 2 should I not succumb to the hype of Mass Effect 3 in a week.
    The Mass effect and dragon age franchises are pretty awesome, though Dragon age 2 wasn't as good as the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    During my two month stint in SWTOR I enjoyed the story element.

I picked up KOTOR on Steam for $10, but didn't really get in to it (maybe I didn't give it enough time or am too much of a graphics snob).

A couple weeks ago Amazon had Mass Effect I and II on sale for $5 a piece. I snatched them up in an instant.

From the moment I picked up Mass Effect I was hooked. I liken it to playing it to playing those great adventure click games from the likes of Sierra and LucasArts. Games such as Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Maniac Mansion, Full Throttle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and The Dig.

I played through Mass Effect and am now in the middle of Mass Effect 2. I can definitely see the Mass Effect and KOTRO DNA imprinted in SWTOR.

I'm thinking of trying out Dragon Age after I get done with Mass Effect 2 should I not succumb to the hype of Mass Effect 3 in a week.
    DA:O is amazing game, if with a little bit clunky gameplay. DA2 has many flaws, but it's far from the terrible game everyone says it is. There's surprising depth in that game. Once my girlfriend, who is English student, played through DA2, she showed me so many amazing subcontext moments that I didn't even think about in my frustration over the game's flaws.

Also if you aren't against old games, I would REALLY recommend playing through Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape: Torment. The former is an amazing epic story and possibly the best incarnation of D&D on PC. The latter is a dark, philosophically mind twisting story that rivals most Fantasy novels in depth and complexity.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    So your argument and the logic behind it is that because businesses are now fracturing their products and selling pieces of them as 'additional content' for an extra price, that we are somehow misinformed or incorrect in our belief that companies shouldn't do that? That we are somehow 'sheeple' because we choose not to embrace the idea of giving a developer extra money for content that SHOULD HAVE been included in the game at no additional cost?

Did you eat paint chips for breakfast?

Just because a company decides to start doing business in a certain manner, that doesn't mean that consumers should support it or even embrace it. If YOU as a consumer, have no problem with giving BioWare extra money for content that was previously given away for no additional cost, then that's all you. Don't expect other people to just fall in line and fork over their hard earned money in the same fashion, and then call other people out as being 'ignorant' for not been sheeple like you.

And in case you missed it, ME3 is NOT released yet. The game has not come out yet, and we know about content that was developed along side the rest of the game PRIOR TO RELEASE that is being released at an extra cost to consumers. Those are facts, they are not opinions and they certainly are not up for debate.
    Yes you are entirely misinformed. I would ask what you were fed for breakfast but I'm not sure of what value that adds to the conversation. The "life" of these games is usually planned on in ahead of their actual completion. This includes planning for things like DLC. Which is created AFTER the original game is finish and is not "fractured" but is bonus content. I don't expect any of you to fall in line and fork over hard earned cash. Don't buy it I could care less. My problem is primarily with the argument that its "fractured". It's not its bonus content you pay for. Instead of building it up into an expansion it's given out piece meal. See you don't determine what should and shouldn't have been in. They do. Your presumption is incorrect and it's not based on any facts at all.

Dragon age 2 and SWTOR are a blight on Bioware's record. If ME3 turns out to be just as bad, then I won't be purchasing from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexrex View Post
    That isnt the issue with Mass Effect 3. You're missing the point like so many others that are so quick to call "nerdrage" and simply ignore the fact that they expect you to buy the game, and then buy MORE to get the complete GAME. Day 1 DLC is fine if its done right. Like Shale DLC in DA1 as one example.
    But taking development time to make a part of the game, which is a HUGE part of the lore in the game, and say No you cant have it unless you pay us more dineros, THAT is whats pissing people off.

Imagine for a moment:
    You buy World of Warcraft on DAY 1 release.
    Then the same day you find you must pay for a DLC which they deliberately did not include.
    And that DLC has one of the most important lore characters in it, like maybe...Thrall? Varian? Sylvanas? Take your pic..
    If you dont have it you will never see ANYTHING about that character in the game.
    Now that would be a slap where the sun dont shine, and a complete ripoff...No?
    Well that wouldn't happen with wow. That's why wow is untouchable king of MMO industry and all Blizzard titles are best sellers of decades. And Bioware is just another development company with average games for very limited auditory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Well that wouldn't happen with wow. That's why wow is untouchable king of MMO industry and all Blizzard titles are best sellers of decades. And Bioware is just another development company with average games for very limited auditory.
    I love both Blizzard and BioWare games.

But saying something like THAT means you are either very, very stupid, trolling or just incredibly ignorant not to care/know about BW's straight up LEGENDARY games.

Give me an infraction.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post

But saying something like THAT means you are either very, very stupid, trolling or just incredibly ignorant not to care/know about BW's straight up LEGENDARY games.

Give me an infraction.
    100% fucking win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post

Give me an infraction.
    I don't really angry at you, because you are just defending your beloved company. And that's understandable.
    But sometimes you have to try to be objective. In that case, sometimes your own opinion doesn't really mean much on the big picture.
    Anyway it is hugely offtopic now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares42 View Post
    Also, who the hell decided to pick up SwToR but had never played Mass Effect (or even KoToR) ? That group can't be very significant :P
    Ya, Star Wars fans are insignificant...You do realize that not everyone who ever plays a game has an extensive knowledge of the industry, right?

I was disappointed in TOR, but I am pretty stoked about ME3. They know exactly what they are doing there. If anything, I still think they messed up by not making a ME MMO. They should have stuck to what they knew and just tried to push the genre to that 3rd person shooter MMO. That would have been innovative.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-03-05 at 11:28 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    @op : it was quite the opposite for me.

I played ME1 and ME2 while waiting for SWTOR.
    I absolutely loved ME1 (despite its UI that I really couldn't stand). Sooo amazing story, so immersive too. Genius.
    ME2 was good, UI was way better then ME1's though story was just good, not amazing.

So, at first, BW had a very good reputation in my eyes.
    But the horribad SWTOR tainted it big time.
    Now I'll triple check before buying a BW game.

In fact SWTOR inspired me to try other games (non BW).
    I started buying on Steam since quitting SWTOR and have had a really good time playing these games since

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    @op : it was quite the opposite for me.

I played ME1 and ME2 while waiting for SWTOR.
    I absolutely loved ME1 (despite its UI that I really couldn't stand). Sooo amazing story, so immersive too. Genius.
    ME2 was good, UI was way better then ME1's though story was just good, not amazing.

So, at first, BW had a very good reputation in my eyes.
    But the horribad SWTOR tainted it big time.
    Now I'll triple check before buying a BW game.

In fact SWTOR inspired me to try other games (non BW).
    I started buying on Steam since quitting SWTOR and have had a really good time playing these games since
    after info on this last patch yep I might just try another.

Deleted
    I first tried Mass Effect 3 demo. It's the reason I plan to try out SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Bioware have degraded the Star Wars franchise with their sub par MMO.
    You did watch the Episode I-III movies right? Can't "degrade" something that's already at its absolute worst.

Just to update since some people thought I'd just go silent after the release of mass effect: I bought it and then I torrented the DLC. Refusing to give players a full release on launch with stuff that took development time is such an insult to gamers, that I felt justified in buying the "full game" and then unlocking the content my money SHOULD have been good enough for. Good enough is good enough.
    Peace out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The list of companies who I will never buy from again (and the games that put them on the list):
    * Treyarch - CoD:Black Ops - PC version was unplayable at launch. No refund? No second chance.
    * Mythic - WAR - Decent game, poor support. It left me feeling burned.
    * Bioware - SW:ToR - Biggest MMO disappointment ever for me. Once you get past the Star Wars stuff, the game is mediocre (and I am being generous). Didn't come close to living up to the hype for me.

OT: SW:ToR has inspired me to never buy another Bioware product again.