Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3202 Haste Plateau

So I've looked around for the answer to this question, but I can't really find a solid answer. I was hoping someone here could help me. If there's an answer to this somewhere, a redirection there would be nice.

My question is, how valuable is the DP +2 haste plateau (3202 haste)? I just recently hit this plateau on my character. Most people will place a value of around 40 intellect on the 2589 VP plateau. But I've never really seen a value for the 3202 haste plateau, can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Also, my character is Zekrom on Lightning's Blade US if anyone wants to see it, I can't post links.

I actually had the same question a little while back, and had a reply in this thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...202?p=15151316

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    It is worth 30-40 PP.

In this order, you can sacrifice:

Gloves: 65 mastery for 50 haste
    Boots: lavawalker for 50 haste
    Yellow gem slots with suboptimal socket bonuses: 20-25 haste (each)

Red Gem slots, as a last resort: Only 1, 20-25 haste

If you can't reach it using the above methods (assuming you've reforged correctly everywhere else), just ignore it and don't worry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosion713 View Post
    So I've looked around for the answer to this question, but I can't really find a solid answer. I was hoping someone here could help me. If there's an answer to this somewhere, a redirection there would be nice.

My question is, how valuable is the DP +2 haste plateau (3202 haste)? I just recently hit this plateau on my character. Most people will place a value of around 40 intellect on the 2589 VP plateau. But I've never really seen a value for the 3202 haste plateau, can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Also, my character is Zekrom on Lightning's Blade US if anyone wants to see it, I can't post links.
    Assuming this is the correct person here is your armory. If not i will remove it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../zekrom/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    I actually had the same question a little while back, and had a reply in this thread:
    Ahh thank you very much. Pretty much what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Assuming this is the correct person here is your armory. If not i will remove it.
    Yes it is. Thank you.

Not worth it. Haste actually becomes the worst stat (kinda equal to crit) after the previous haste plateau (2284 nongoblin+di) when using t13 4-set with mind spike.
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

Deleted
    I havent been going for this plateau i've been getting about 2900 and going mastery

Quote Originally Posted by brolly View Post
    Not worth it. Haste actually becomes the worst stat (kinda equal to crit) after the previous haste plateau (2284 nongoblin+di) when using t13 4-set with mind spike.
    Where do you get this information from?

Quote Originally Posted by Explosion713 View Post
    Where do you get this information from?
    Personal experience*, simcraft (with the mind spike profile, but i think its not included in release version of simc) and common sense.

*Currently holding #1 @ Ultraxion and Morchok 25H as a shadow priest, so that should count at least for something.
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

Deleted
    Say hello to 407 ilvl, DTR, CotC, TotT, DI, PI...

On topic, I'm not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brolly View Post
    Personal experience*, simcraft (with the mind spike profile, but i think its not included in release version of simc) and common sense.

*Currently holding #1 @ Ultraxion and Morchok 25H as a shadow priest, so that should count at least for something.
    Tricks of the Trade x 14
    Power Infusion x 2

I guess you forgot to mention that part.

Here's what your real ultraxion dps looks like, without these buffs:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-l0...2#Shant%C3%A1l

Either way, I use 3202 for everything except ultraxion, for which I use 2284. I save a 3202, 2737, and 2284 reforge for every circumstance possible (ie every boss, di or no di).
    Last edited by nadrii; 2012-03-05 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nadrii View Post
    Tricks of the Trade x 14
    Power Infusion x 2

I guess you forgot to mention that part.

Here's what your real ultraxion dps looks like, without these buffs:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-l0...2#Shant%C3%A1l
    I couldn't care much less.. but you noticed, that this would still be world #4 @ultraxion?

Explosion i also don't feel like going for 3202 is really worth it.. but well, this is also just a feeling.

I switch around with haste/mastery due to fight mechanics. This will be the best answer you will get. Depending on the fight the best reforge or primary stat will vary. There isn't one right answer, they are both really close and depends on how well sf/aa lines up to optimize ms/mb. So in the end haste will be better for multidot and fights that have some movement and mastery will be better for stand still, burn phase boss fights. So if you really care about the numbers that much you will reforge for each fight, if not just pick which stat your play style fits you best.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Just remember that the 'bump' in DPS 3202 gives you is only from one spell that you can easily see how much it affects your DPS by.

Just find out what the difference between your 2 IDP damages are and divide it by 20s (or however long you take between casting DP.) I believe for me personally when I did it a month back was like ~750 damage, which worked out to a paltry 37 DPS increase (on a target dummy.)

Just out of*curiosity*where did this magical 3202 number came from? I have checked EJ.com as well as Google docs (docs *google *com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CKPti9oE&key=0AsDL8HE-bGDVdEU1S1NqMW5IbWU1dURKcmdibFFTeVE&authkey=CKPti9oE#gid=12) and I can't seem to find that figure.*

What would figure be for goblin with DI in that case? Also would love some better understanding behind 3202.

Thanks!

3202 is a static value it can't ever change in this expansion, not a single thing can change it. *

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Mathematically, it's equal to 25% Haste and was the old 2nd extra tick (1 every 12.5% due to there being 8 ticks on the base dot - 1/8th = .125) on DP from the Cata beta - before dot mechanics were changed to what they are now - extra ticks coming at the half durations, rounding up the tick and extending duration of the dot.

The next IDP breakpoint is at whatever Haste 37.5% is.

Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    The next IDP breakpoint is at whatever Haste 37.5% is.
    Without any haste buffs... so DI doesn't count towards it and the Goblin racial doesn't count towards it.

I might be wrong, but I think 3202 makes IDP significantly more DPS than mind flay, skewing your rotation to favor DP spam over MF spam (when there's nothing else to do, of course). It's not as simple as viewing it as just a boost to DP, because it allows you to alter your rotation. DP spam lets you constantly move, proc'ing lots of apparitions and further getting 3orb on most of your mind blasts.

Thanks for info.*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethesae View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think 3202 makes IDP significantly more DPS than mind flay, skewing your rotation to favor DP spam over MF spam (when there's nothing else to do, of course). It's not as simple as viewing it as just a boost to DP, because it allows you to alter your rotation. DP spam lets you constantly move, proc'ing lots of apparitions and further getting 3orb on most of your mind blasts.
    mb, but with critical mf you reduce the SF cd.