Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    The sad part is how people easily accept it as legit. Not that people are gullible, but because Republicans are awful. So awful, that we'd easily accept that they'd do something like this.
    I don't really understand how this is believable in others minds. Maybe people are so poisoned to the Republicans that they blindly accept that Republican's could be responsible for any crackpot idea? As an Independant, its pretty easy to see satire of/for both parties. Guess people still get taken by Poe's Law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegan View Post
    You do realize that what you posted was a joke post on it's own that was made up for laughs, right? It's not even a real news post. The "News Post" can be seen here, on a joke site...
    YOu knwo what the worst part is? That most people here think the republican leadership is actually stupid and fanatical enough to do this... That is the scary party.

Most of the country and looks like wrold views the repuclican party as fanatical god boys who care more about preserving christianity, money and saving their own butts. (the latter two go against christianity but apparently its ok with the reps)

10+ Year Old Account
    Show sources for these statements or anything you say is completely mute.
    As far as we know, it could all be from the Onion.
    SOURCES!
    the Onion is well respected establishment how dare you belittle our national pride?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    the Onion is well respected establishment how dare you belittle our national pride?!
    The scary thing is, sometimes the Onion seems like an accurate truth telling news source.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    YOu knwo what the worst part is? That most people here think the republican leadership is actually stupid and fanatical enough to do this... That is the scary party.

Most of the country and looks like wrold views the repuclican party as fanatical god boys who care more about preserving christianity, money and saving their own butts. (the latter two go against christianity but apparently its ok with the reps)
    They don't exactly have a clean slate when it comes to that >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Carazy View Post
    I don't really understand how this is believable in others minds. Maybe people are so poisoned to the Republicans that they blindly accept that Republican's could be responsible for any crackpot idea? As an Independant, its pretty easy to see satire of/for both parties. Guess people still get taken by Poe's Law.
    Speaking for myself, it's not so much "believable" as it is that some Republicans have said such ludicrous things that I'm not able to automatically reject this as being obviously fake anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    The scary thing is, sometimes the Onion seems like an accurate truth telling news source.
    sometimes i think Onion is reporting stories 5 or 10 years from now....
    well not exactly word for word but the same message and coverage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Speaking for myself, it's not so much "believable" as it is that some Republicans have said such ludicrous things that I'm not able to automatically reject this as being obviously fake anymore.
    Especially the Rushbo crowd or the Santorum crowd (really GOP . . . RICK SANTORUM? REALLY?)
    Putin khuliyo

The sad part is how people easily accept it as legit. Not that people are gullible, but because Republicans are awful. So awful, that we'd easily accept that they'd do something like this.
    Really? I'm a Republican and knew it was a satire before I read the whole thing.

Of course, I don't think Republicans are awful, and what was proposed was, so the I had the opposite bias you did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Starting a thread with a funny/satirical/sarcastic/otherwise not-true news post as fact is not a good idea, especially when it's as potentially enraging as this one.

(Source; see also other articles by the same author such as "Santorum Details Peace Talks With Satan" and "Elderly Woman Stubs Her Toe, Blames President Obama")

Closing this since by this point we're in mindless party and religion bashing.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-03-02 at 02:50 PM.