Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    dont mind it while questing.. its kinda annoying but its not as bad as wow where u gotta run to ur corpse.. instead u jus wait for the probe lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having to pay attention while leveling instead of mindlessly aoe grinding mobs is awesome.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    [...]
    Oh and I have a tip for you, upgrade your companion's gear. Firstly decide whihc is the companion best suited for you. You may not have met that comop, as a general rule:nion yet ofc, it all depends on role.

If you're a Tank - go with a DPS companion or a healer - the more stacked in defense you are, the more useful a dps companion will be
    If you're melee, a range companion is a nice compliment but not essentially so, and if you're ranged a melee companion is a nice complement

If you're a healer - go with a DPS companion or a tank. Melee dps is normally good here. healing gear boosts dps anyway so a good compliment.

if you're melee dps - go with a healer or a tank. I'd recommend a ranged tank, but sometimes a melee tank can be useful
    if you're ranged dps - go with a tank, or you could go wtih a healer , depends on your spec. Some dps have better defenses than others, the weaker your defenses the more you need someone else to protect you. range dps that can heal would prefer a tank, Range dps that can't hea, would prefer a healer, cos they have more control abilities.

Find wha'ts best for you. normally it doesn't matter if it's range or melee tank or dps, so you can choose a companion based on your likes. but be warned though, the choice can make a very big difference to overcoming those elite mobs and strong areas. and how you use them, who goes in first, etc, can srsly extend your life.

Careful about getting defeeated too often though, as you will have to repair after a while. Fortunately every vendor can also repair.
    As a tank I prefer a healer because of my playstyle revolving around taking on many opponents as possible incl. elites.
    As a healer it depends on your playstyle, but my first toon used a tank, first a kitted out Kalyio then a kitted out Scorpio (because melee tank > ranged tank companions).
    As solo dps in general I prefer more dps, works out better for me, especially as ranged dps (Commando). Had no issues with elites and some of the champions so far. Best way to escape enemy fire is to gun 'em down with the power of two loaded barrels.

For the rest I usually group up.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I like it. It makes me pay more attention to how my class operates.

Deleted
    I mind dying while leveling...'cause I'm always pissed at myself when it happens :/.