View Poll Results: I like these kinds of beers....

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Porter

    10 17.86%
  • Ale (IPA counts!)

    23 41.07%
  • Lager

    28 50.00%
  • Stout (Oatmeal counts!)

    18 32.14%
  • Draught

    13 23.21%
  • Lites

    4 7.14%
  • Light (like Stella)

    2 3.57%
  • Cider

    5 8.93%
  • I don't like ANY kind of beer!

    10 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,239

    Post What are some of your favorite beers/types?

    So the recent Four Loco thread peaked my interest in hearing what other denizens of these forums prefer their beers taste like.The poll will only be in regards to types of beers, but if you want to list specifics, go right ahead, as I will! If you don't like beer, tell us what you do like!

    Please keep this civilized, as always!

    I personally love me a good quality Porter, however unfortunately I find a good Porter is 1 in a million (exaggeration) as I've tried a number of different ones and the only one I liked was the Founders Porter, whereas the Anchor Porter and Shipwrecked Peninsula Porter seemed kind of flat and lacking in flavor. Beer that is aged in oak barrels from brandy, whiskey, and the like, is also pretty amazing, best beer I've ever tasted was a 2011 Lost Abbey Angel's Share, amazing drink that was! $17 though for a normal-sized bottle, so it was one I hoped would be good. I was pleasantly surprised!

    I also like the typical lager, though I think they aren't quite as awesome as the above, same with a stout or draught, like Guinness, who I used to love but ever since I started trying new beers, I have found they're fairly average.

    Arrogant Bastard Ale - definitely one not for everyone, as it has a very aggressive taste, however I quite enjoyed it! "Hated by many, loved by few."

    No, I don't like any Light/Lite beers, most beers that have commercials other than Guinness and Samuel Adams are garbage to me, to be frank. :P

    Would love to get suggestions for some to try, as well!

    I realize I'm still not totally versed in every kind of beer, so if there is a kind I should add to the poll, let me know! I will see if I can edit it or have a mod add it, since they're always so nice. :P
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-03-02 at 09:10 PM.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  2. #2
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,349
    IPA's are my favourites.

  3. #3
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    17,834
    Hooray! A poll that gives me a "none" option! Although I kind of wish cider were on the list. It almost counts.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  4. #4
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,239
    I'll add the above 2 since IPAs are definitely a mistake on my part and ciders are found in the beer aisle anyways. ;p
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral Dashield28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MD, The US of Eh?
    Posts
    1,122
    I am also a big fan of the IPA's. Great alcohol content, taste and having a couple of those after work makes all my worries go away LOL. I cant wait to get off work. got a 6 of a mocro local IPA in the fridge.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire McSpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Hole
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So the recent Four Loco thread peaked my interest in hearing what other denizens of these forums prefer their beers taste like.The poll will only be in regards to types of beers, but if you want to list specifics, go right ahead, as I will! If you don't like beer, tell us what you do like!

    Please keep this civilized, as always!

    I personally love me a good quality Porter, however unfortunately I find a good Porter is 1 in a million (exaggeration) as I've tried a number of different ones and the only one I liked was the Founders Porter, whereas the Anchor Porter and Shipwrecked Peninsula Porter seemed kind of flat and lacking in flavor. Beer that is aged in oak barrels from brandy, whiskey, and the like, is also pretty amazing, best beer I've ever tasted was a 2011 Lost Abbey Angel's Share, amazing drink that was! $17 though for a normal-sized bottle, so it was one I hoped would be good. I was pleasantly surprised!

    I also like the typical lager, though I think they aren't quite as awesome as the above, same with a stout or draught, like Guinness, who I used to love but ever since I started trying new beers, I have found they're fairly average.

    Arrogant Bastard Ale - definitely one not for everyone, as it has a very aggressive taste, however I quite enjoyed it! "Hated by many, loved by few."

    No, I don't like any Light/Lite beers, most beers that have commercials other than Guinness and Samuel Adams are garbage to me, to be frank. :P

    Would love to get suggestions for some to try, as well!

    I realize I'm still not totally versed in every kind of beer, so if there is a kind I should add to the poll, let me know! I will see if I can edit it or have a mod add it, since they're always so nice. :P
    MMM a good oatmeal stout is delicious

  7. #7
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,239
    Hopefully IPA, Oatmeal stout, and ciders (alcoholic) will be added to le poll soon. :P

    I personally have tried a Founders IPA, I think it was, or maybe a different one, but idk, I didn't like it. Perhaps I should try it again, they really seem very well-liked.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  8. #8
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,085
    Heh, zero votes for "lite"

    Fuck lite beer. May as well drink horsepiss. Same taste.

    >.>

    <.<

    >.>

    I would assume because I have no idea what horsepiss tastes like.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  9. #9
    I voted for everything, because I just like beer in general...

  10. #10
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,239
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Heh, zero votes for "lite"

    Fuck lite beer. May as well drink horsepiss. Same taste.

    >.>

    <.<

    >.>

    I would assume because I have no idea what horsepiss tastes like.
    Damn! You jinxed it!!
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  11. #11

  12. #12
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I voted for everything, because I just like beer in general...
    TBF, I was debating whether or not to put Lite on the list at all. ;p

    Since true beer people would not even consider Miller, Bud, or Coors to be actual beer brands, much less "lite" as an actual kind of beer. :P

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 04:52 PM ----------

    ooo I think I've seen these bottles. In fact I've tried the one with the unicorn by the castle. How much does the one you linked to cost?
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  13. #13
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    Love my real ales - but that term encompasses almost every type of beer imaginable.

    Current favourites are Wychwood's Hobgoblin (awesome website), decent hand-pulled Tetley's Bitter and Ossett Brewery's Excelsior.

    I do like Bluemoon on a hot summer's day too (with a slice of orange) - but I will pretty much drink any (decent) beer, gotta catch 'em all!

  14. #14
    I have absolutely no idea, because we don't label them like that in my country.

    And I'm actually quite knowledgeable on the subject in general. I just don't understand these terms used in the UK

  15. #15
    I'm a big fan of Hefeweizens.

    Paulaner and Franziskaner are two of my favorites.

    Here is a nice little article where they had a beer tournament and these two ended up in the finals against each other.

    http://www.thebeerfathers.com/hefe-m...r-hefe-weizen/

  16. #16
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    12,642
    Really depends on the situation. My go to beer is definitely an IPA.

    However, if I've been working for hours upon hours doing physical labor on a hot day... Shit just give me anything cold with alcohol in it.

    The one beer (if I'm excluding Light beer here) that I just can't do is Wheat beers. It's nothing against the taste, but rather I always wake up with a hangover. Even if I just have 1-2. Compare that with an IPA and having several more and waking up like any normal day.

  17. #17
    I like a bit everything, except lite which hard to find where I live, it's either alcohol or no alcohol, nothing in between. I drink hefeweizen and lagers, like doppelbock and märzen, the most though.

  18. #18
    Warchief Sand Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tatooine (Outside Mos Eisley)
    Posts
    2,012
    for some strange reason i love Dos Equis.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    for some strange reason i love Dos Equis.
    I'm betting it's because of the commercials.

  20. #20
    Field Marshal Kiasari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    99
    wiehenstephaner makes the best hefe on planet earth imo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •