Poll: Keyboard to choose?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Microsoft Sidewinder X4 is what I'm typing on now. I previously owned a Lycosa and Blackwidow, and both broke during general use. The sidewinder has some excellent macro functions, and feels very satisfying to type on. I'd recommend it to anyone not looking for a mechanical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using an Anansi for the last year or so, its a solid keyboard, and the extra modifiers are pretty handy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    The Microsoft Sidewinder X4 is what I'm typing on now. I previously owned a Lycosa and Blackwidow, and both broke during general use. The sidewinder has some excellent macro functions, and feels very satisfying to type on. I'd recommend it to anyone not looking for a mechanical.
    Yepp, had also LOTS of keyboards already.
    Saitek, Logitech, Razor all kinds really...

The simplicity of the X4 is just amazing, i gonna buy it everytime again. One of the best i ever had.

15+ Year Old Account
    I recently got the K90 as a birthday gift and I must say I don't think I could ever go back to another keyboard so far.

I was expecting it to be brutally loud but the cherry red switches do not have the same noise level as blues and I personally love the sound of it. The back-light at 100% is pretty damn bright... enough that when lights are turned off I need to turn it down to the 30-60% level. I really really love the raised keys and the look.

The one con I have found is since the macro keys are off to the side and that there is raised keys from the frame there is a gap in the flow from regularly pressed keys to the macro keys. I would have preferred if they were closer for a more fluid use but that truly is the only negative I can give this keyboard. Some will complain about it not being all mechanical but my spam buttons are all covered so for myself it is just fine!

Deleted
    Do NOT get the corsair K90. Just becuase it's corsair (we all know corsair rock) doesn't label it as good. One of the things that bothers me with the K90 is that corsair choose to not use Cherry MX red switches on the F1-12 keys, which gives it that "cheap" feel. Why couldn't they have gone with it on all keys?

If you want a medium priced mechanical keyboard with cherry MX red keys, I will recommend the QPAD MK series. There are the MK-50 & MK-85, they both use Cherry MX red mechanical switches which hands down are the best for gaming. I use the MK-50 but do want to switch up to a 85 because it supports USB ports, headphone & microphone jack and it is backlit (all three of which the MK-50 lacks). The MK-80 in the MK family uses cherry MX blue switches which I do not like.

I tried the black widow in store, and I got to compare it to the MK-50 one. The change was huge for me. Ask the store you're purchasing from or any other one if they have one laying around so you can just type on it really quick, it makes a difference. Everyone's unique.

edit: fixed some typo's.
    Last edited by mmoc79be39102d; 2012-03-03 at 05:58 AM.

Deleted
    What about roccat?
    Any experience on those anyone?

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gamin...AT-Valo/#crb_1

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Oh, that guy. I personally value his opinion about as high as my moms, and my mom knows nothing about computers. If it isn't obvious, he is sponsored by Razer.

Anyway, I'm not saying the Anansi is inherently bad, but I find that for that price and not being mechanical I just don't see the point.
    But Marest, the Anansi is, in fact, mechanical and uses brown (not 100% sure) cherry MX.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    But Marest, the Anansi is, in fact, mechanical and uses brown (not 100% sure) cherry MX.
    Anansi is not mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodbad View Post
    Anansi is not mechanical.
    Oh boy, it's actually rubberdome.

*drinks more coffee*
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    I use Anansi from about 6 months and can't say anything bad about it. Used Logitech before but the feel and the response when you press the buttons is so much better on the Anansi.Also the fact that it's not mechanical is a + for me the feel when press a mechanical is too unnatural from what i am used too ...just my opinion;P
    Last edited by mmocbe32c89b1a; 2012-03-02 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodbad View Post
    Thank you for your imput
    After watching this i just want it way more than anything else.
    <snip>

Going to a friend to test out the blackwidow right now.
    Wait, you're going to listen to a review about a Razer product by a guy that is PAID by Razer to use their stuff? Really? Talk about the blind leading the blind...

I think you may want to listen to everyone's feedback about this thing before you carelessly jump into purchasing a mistake. I personally only have experience with the Razer Naga but I went through a lot of peer reviews and non-Razer sponsored reviews in order make myself comfortable with purchasing it.

I've heard a lot of shoddy things about Razer's products, and it'd certainly raise a red flag if over half of your feedback is telling you the product you're inquiring about is sub par. Just with looking at the stopped image of Swifty holding up that keyboard I can guess it looks pretty frail. Consider your choices wisely.

Any Razer product I've ever owned was either broken out of the box (Lycosa) or broke within months of normal usage (second Lycosa, Death Adder).

Like others have said, the K90 or Sidewinder are the two best choices in that poll. However, it kinda seems like you made this thread hoping for justification on a decision you've already made, and it seems like you're just gonna ignore what people are saying... Seriously, taking Swifty's advice? He's sponsored by Razer, of course he's gonna recommend their products...

I don't understand why people make threads if they're not gonna consider the advice given within them... -.-"
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-03 at 12:02 AM.

Take a look at this one:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=330-6214

My personal favorite...LOVE this keyboard

I bought the Microsoft Sidewinder x6 back before the Anansi was announced. I *love* it. I wanted a keyboard with macro keys but don't have a very wide keyboard drawer so size definitely mattered (). I actually use it without the numberpad at all and thanks to my naga I don't miss it, but if you have the room the number pad can become more macro keys which would be nice for things like mounts and water and stuff.

If the Anansi had been out at the time it would have been a tough choice between the two for sure (actually the Anansi may have won simply because I could make the backlighting pink lol). I have very small hands and most macro keys are hard for me to get to easily so the thumb keys really appeal to me. I honestly think either of those choices are solid ones. A lot of people hate Razer products but I've never had any issues out of any of them I've had.

Edit: I've seen various comments that the Anansi requires 2 ports for backlighting, if that's a problem for you then you should know that the Sidewinder x6 only uses one.

I like it although i dont use the modifiers to much because i quit wow and i havent played as many games lately that have had as many buttons. (I have the naga so most games just fit on the mouse). Only thing i dont like is it needs 2 usb ports if you want the back light on.

Also, I wouldnt listen to those complaining about the durability of Razer products. I got the naga 3 years ago when it first came out and I've never had a problem and am still using it today. Since than I've bought a mouse pad, the keyboard, and a headset from Razer
    Last edited by Homies; 2012-03-03 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Homies View Post
    I like it although i dont use the modifiers to much because i quit wow and i havent played as many games lately that have had as many buttons. (I have the naga so most games just fit on the mouse). Only thing i dont like is it needs 2 usb ports if you want the back light on.

Also, I wouldnt listen to those complaining about the durability of Razer products. I got the naga 3 years ago when it first came out and I've never had a problem and am still using it today. Since than I've bought a mouse pad, the keyboard, and a headset from Razer
    Why yes, don't listen to us.
    My Cacharias broke during general usage, in the cabling. A wire or something severed inside of the cable, and now it won't play audio unless held a certain way.
    My Naga's left click quickly corroded due to the way the mouse is built. I was able to fix this, but it's temporary and it took a bit of work.
    My Lycosa broke quite quickly too. The LED illuminated control panel went out. A few days later, nothing worked. This is with GENERAL usage. I'm very nice to my gaming gear. I clean my keyboards regularly.
    My Spectre is wearing out quickly as well. The paint has literally worn away from the right and left click during general usage. It looks disgusting.
    My BlackWidow broke in multiple spaces, as did another member's. There are small white switches under each key that are VERY cheaply made but are vital to the operation of the keyboard. These snapped off when I was removing the key with a MECHANICAL KEY REMOVER. This is unacceptable.

Quit giving Razer your money.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's all remember, just because the Naga lasted 3 years for you... doesn't mean it will for others.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'll admit I'm not helping here, but if you do go with the Anansi, please update us r.e. how it goes.

I've been considering dumping my old G15 (18 macro buttons) for the Anansi due to the synergy with the Naga mouse (that I'm addicted to). More mouse keybinds = yum!

Deleted
    Possibily thinking about the X6 due to removable numpad.

Is it mechanical?
    Can't find it anywhere on theyre website.

Deleted
    why do you not like g19? o_o, it's an awesome keyboard that's not too expensive either.