Poll: Will you try out RaiderZ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Raiderz MMORPG by Perfect World Studios

RaiderZ is a free to play monster-hunting MMO created by Perfect World Studios.

The once prosperous and powerful kingdom of Rendel has finally crumbled. Vicious beasts, awakened by the contamination of the Prime Stone, roam the lands with an insatiable thirst for blood and a desire to claim Rendel as their own.

The horde has grown too strong and endless waves of mutated creatures continue to slowly claw away at the last remaining barrier between beasts and humans.

There is still, however, a small glimmer of hope for the ill-fated kingdom. A team of champions with weapons and armor forged from the contaminated beasts has risen to slay the marauding monsters.
    Hunt Together or Die Alone

Enter a world dominated by fearsome beasts and put your skills to the test! In this free-to-play MMO join a hunting party and engage in fierce battles against colossal monsters. Time attacks and dodges in order to succeed... and survive.
    Monster Mash Grappling System

The monsters in Rendel won't just kindly knock you about: these colossal beasts will throw you, crush you and eat you alive! Dodge and parry to avoid their crushing blows and razor-sharp teeth.

Fight Monster with Monster

With Conquest Crafting, explore the wonders of Rendel on a quest for the most powerful gear imaginable. Hunt terrifying monsters and turn their claws, horns and other deadly body parts into your own weapons!
    Choose Your Weapon

Characters are customizable to fit players' preferred type of play. Select different types of weapons, skills and their associated combat styles and take on the role of The Defender, The Cleric, The Berserker or The Sorcerer.

Official Website for RaiderZ

It looks like a good game, at a glance it looks very similar to Tera, at least the combat system is similar to Tera. I've signed up for the alpha test, all you have to do is create an account to be on the list of possible testers. Alpha test will begin this March.

So you interested?

Deleted
    Looked fun tbh, i'm just a bit confused why every mmo on the horizon seems to be going down this new combat style route though. Seems awfully risky considering noone really knows how it'll pan out. Beta excitement tends to cloud peoples judgements

Interested, but very hesitant. Perfect World games (outside of Cryptic, I'm a fan of Cryptic) and me have never played together well.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Interested, but very hesitant. Perfect World games (outside of Cryptic, I'm a fan of Cryptic) and me have never played together well.
    I enjoyed Torchlight, which was created by Perfect World's subsidiary Runic Games. I'm curious to see how this game will separate itself from Tera.

Deleted
    It looks more like GW2 than TERA, graphic wise.. same terrible character animations. I dont understand how you can like them, or even mention them together in sentence with aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    I enjoyed Torchlight, which was created by Perfect World's subsidiary Runic Games. I'm curious to see how this game will separate itself from Tera.
    It will be free to play at least so that's one big thing.

Also seems to be 100% focused on grouping and up to 15man raiding so that's another thing TERA won't have. (Except rifts but it's more a PvP hotspot than a serious PvE raid so doesn't really count.)

Probably won't play this, but might be nice with some games specializing in stuff and completely dropping some aspects instead of trying to cater to everyone and fail at half of it.

Anything with "Perfect World" attached with It Is a 100% avoid at all costs for me. Every single one of their games have "pay to win" cash shops.
    That's just me, If you like being scammed then go right ahead.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2012-03-07 at 10:44 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    I will sign up, lets see how well Perfect World does this time.

The no class system sounds interesting enough, I logged in in my acount, but it did not tell me I signed up for the alpha...

Damn perfect worlds...
    Says in the faq that when you create an account you're automatically added to the list of available testers. I also mentioned it in my first post.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alpha testing has gone live. You can register for free and participate in the alpha testing in this game until March 24th if I remember my dates correctly. Quick install and download but the download requires Pando Media Booster.

I've been messing around in the alpha for a few nights now. It's pretty fun so far, but nothing spectacular. The combat is entertaining, but after playing TERA it feels very crude. Hits aren't as clearly registered and there are a lot of issues with dodging/blocking abilities ect. The asses made is look like the graphics were better too, but they might not have unlocked all the customization options yet (the game can get super laggy in areas even on a higher end machine). It's entertaining though, to say the least.

I didn't get in the alpha.

Hate you so much, Edge. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I didn't get in the alpha.

Hate you so much, Edge. >.>
    MMORPG/Massively and I think a few other sites were handing out keys a few days ago. They might still have some O.o

I signed up ages ago and never got any world from them. Just a bunch of FW/PWI stuff.

You know I love grinders and monster hunt games.