Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret Heroic Yor'sahj cooldowns

So I killed this boss months ago, but I always wonder how to balance my cooldowns on the fight. Since most of the fight is aoeing adds then is using your cooldowns for 38% more damage while aoeing better than popping cds on oozes and when there are no adds on the boss (and when its off cd just waiting for the next ooz)?

generally save all your cds for adds.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Awesome thanks =)

To not confuse people and seperate 10 and 25 man raids I'm just gonna add that I doubt you'd gain much from doing this in 10 man. The adds go down so fast I don't even get many divine storms off before I have to go back to normal rotation. If I don't get a miracle BLF from LFR/morch HC before our kill next week I'll most likely be trying to simply cleave with SoR if I happen to have my CD's up when the boss has soaked an black ooze. The nerfs makes it even more confusing atm since you don't know how to time your CD's with kill times going down rapidly and I don't really ever feel comfortable with not using them when they become available in case I'd end up missing a set of CD's.

It shouldn't really matter if the adds die quickly or not since when divine storm is done you just turn to cs and finish the CD rotation as single.

Deleted
    Pop GoAK at the very start so you get a second one before he dies.

I tend not to pop zealotry on adds as I don't have the 4 set (if you do maybe you should pop it as the 18% damage buff).

Quote Originally Posted by Lyreth View Post
    It shouldn't really matter if the adds die quickly or not since when divine storm is done you just turn to cs and finish the CD rotation as single.
    I meant that I might skip divine storm completely during CD's on next kill to see the difference (if there is any), since there's no way for me to get logged with current gear anyway.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-03-03 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    For what I'm seeing in #1 Retri in 10man, he burst only Yor'sahj and wit SoT on, so either ignoring adds either when there's no adds. He used 23 Divine Storms while I used 17, maybe my raid composition with heavy AoE (Ele Shaman, Fire Mage, Frost DK and Sv Hunter) might be influence enough to ignore them?

The top logs are all with people who have BLF and they do switch to SoR for AoE.

I'm also running with a sick AoE setup and the main reason I don't want to hold my CD's is because we are currently killing him in slightly less than 7 mins and then I can't hold them, really. When we start killing him in 6 mins I'll get the option to wait with CD's a bit and use them for stronger AoE. Atm though with no BLF, a bit low gear, no extra buffs like tricks/PI/DI and BL timing based on healers I can just dream about those top logs. ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    For what I'm seeing in #1 Retri in 10man, he burst only Yor'sahj and wit SoT on, so either ignoring adds either when there's no adds. He used 23 Divine Storms while I used 17, maybe my raid composition with heavy AoE (Ele Shaman, Fire Mage, Frost DK and Sv Hunter) might be influence enough to ignore them?
    Probably refering to me.

That rank was in favor of me because almost all the ooze combinations we got had a black in there. I don't remember exactly, but when adds would spawn, my CDs were normally not up yet, but yes I would switch to SoR for them.

You can probably tell that adds did not die right away if my Divine Storm was my 3rd most damaging ability on the fight. Or we had like one combination of yellow/black, hence my longer duration of SoR on the 3rd ooze combination.

Another contribution is the excellent timing of when my H BLF would proc, which seemed to proc at least once per black add ooze spawns, making it the 4th most damaging ability.

I also force my rogue to tricks me. :P

Basically, having that many black ooze combinations and good timing H BLF helped me up there. But every week I try to beat my own records.

Edi: I do switch to kill colored oozes, and only stay on Yorsahj for the first set.
    Last edited by Defender; 2012-03-04 at 12:41 AM.
    Kaizen of Mannoroth <Reckoning>
    US 11 H 16/16 - Tier 14
    US 9 H 13/13 - Tier 15
    US 8 H 14/14 - Tier 16

Distance hearts, when rejoined as one... May find the light within.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that I do (10 man group with 3 ranged and 3 melee):
    Right from the start I pop Guardian and Zealotry, since we have our ranged movin' towards desired ooze. We help at the very end (if needed) so it won't reach Yor'sahj. If we have black ooze that is about to spawn adds I tend to save HoW for that phase, so all of the adds are gonna die as fast as possible. Do not use Zealotry for this phase, it is waste of CD since you will be usin' Divine Storm instead of Crusader Strike.
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

appreciate the comments but going to say Butosai's was the most useful.

Butosai is wrong if you have bad rng with add phases. If your going for ranks, then sure, wait on it, and when you get lucky with add phases, you may even rank. Or you could do it like me where I do everything on cooldown (I do save for bloodlust) and hope the add phases line up. Either way your relying on rng with your rotation and add phases lining up.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Butosai is wrong
    blasphemy!
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    blasphemy!
    I am speaking from 10m experience tho, the adds aren't as prominent there, and from the perspective that I am staying on boss the whole time.

If I were allowed to stay on the boss the whole time (or at least not run 70 yards or something like that), maybe I would've ranked higher than 144... maybe next time.

... but yeah Zealotry + Avenging Wrath work well together for adds on 25.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-03-08 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Yesterday I was doing sooo well until I miserably died.

Fuck I hate when I get resurrected and haven't enough mana to do my rotation properly.

Btw the WoL client wasn't working well

On 10 man when cds are up I use em, I just don't avoid using them anymore for adds that is all. I do my divine storms and finish it out my cds with my normal rotation. Half the time I am aoeing I am getting Divine purpose procs like crazy.

Save cds, luckily adds spawn fast enough that not much of downtime on zeal wings is lost while holding up, Use goak at start and later at fight, try to keep pot for when double adds spawn. Use ofc blf. Staying on boss helps too. Cleave as much as you can. Easy fight, leaves alot space for tunneling, doesnt require much focus, as most of fights in DS. Those stuffs i counted worked for me to keep rank 1 on 25 man hc for coupple weeks.

Damn, some Korean named individual dethroned me of #1 for H Yorsahj 10. Curse his tentacle procs boosting his 46k dps alone without them.
    Kaizen of Mannoroth <Reckoning>
    US 11 H 16/16 - Tier 14
    US 9 H 13/13 - Tier 15
    US 8 H 14/14 - Tier 16

Distance hearts, when rejoined as one... May find the light within.