Mionix and Roccat

I am on the search for the perfect mouse and have yet to find it. I have used and owned gaming mice by all the big brands, Logitech, Razer and Steel Series and found them lacking in ergonomics or performance. I have been looking into some smaller brands specifically Mionix and Roccat for my next mouse. I simply want to know if anyone has had experience with these two brands and if they make quality products. Do they use good sensors and switches? Do their mice break after only a year or so? Is their software reliable? Thanks for your help.

Deleted
    Logitech G400. It's rather cheap, offers close to unbeatable performance and is extremely durable.

I got the Mionix Naos 5000, which is far from cheap but still a damn good mouse. I can only recommend it to those that are willing to spend a lot for a small performance increase though. It is not good value.

I had a 500 and was not a big fan of the feel of the mouse the 400 looks just about the same. Also I prefer laser mice because optical mice do not have enough DPI customization, I the jumps are much too large. Money Is not an Issue, I am looking for the perfect mouse in performance and feel not cost. The Naos 5000 seems to be built quite well. What about the mouse do you like specifically?

Edit: Also seeing you post the photos of your Naos 500 when you first got it was what interested me in the company.
    Last edited by masterpiece; 2012-03-02 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    I don't have much bad to say about the Naos 5000 actually, other than the price at least.

Compared to the MX518, the sensor performs about the same. I would say that the Naos offers a slight edge in terms of accuracy, but I'm no expert in the field. The things I like very much about it is the customizable and very feature-rich software that comes with it which allows you to change almost any setting. It's also really comfortable and has a better feel than the Steelseries Ikari (which to some is a very comfortable mouse). It really sits perfectly in my palm.

The weight system is a bit of a gimmick, and with 5g weights it does very little to just pop one or two in there. Some elitists may disagree, and that's fine, but I'd rather have seen 10, 15g or even 20g weights. I'm running it now with 6 weights (so 30 extra grams) and I probably wouldn't tell the difference if someone popped an extra 5g in there.

It feels very robust too and has a nice build quality, but not in any regard better than the G400 (I have tried and used both the MX518 and the G400). The lights are a nice touch, but they are just cosmetic. If cash is of concern, the G400 is the mouse I would recommend. If it isn't, the Naos 5000 is only worth it if you want the 5-10% extra. To most that is a waste, to some it's worth it.