Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing as Demonology even if you are the only class using intellect in anyway remains as a dps gain on every fight in Dragon Soul.
    Playing as Demonology with multiple classes who gain dps/hps from increased spellpower isn't even a question.

Assuming you currently have 10000 spellpower, speccing Demonology will result in you gaining 400 spellpower more than you currently have access to raid buffed. This is not far from the equivalent of every member who uses spellpower not flasking for your raid. It's a necessity to spec Demonology in a 10man environment to supply the buff.

As for the spec not being fun, I can understand that subjectivity comes into it, but what isn't fun about having ridiculous aoe, reliable burst, and becoming a demon once every 2 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    The man had a pistol covered in gold. There is no way a person who has such a pistol is not a villain of some sort.

ok, so you guys have convinced me, that for the sake of the healers and the mage (including myself), that i shouldnt be a greedy bitch and play demo to provide the buff... BUT i have one last question

for my personal situation, out Shammy goes Ele for 3 fights: Yorsajh Warmaster and Ultraxion.

I could care less about Yorsajh and Ultraxion since we have them on farm, and I would remain demo for those fights regardless.

that would leave me with the viable option of playing Affliction on Warmaster without sacrificing the 10% buff for the raid. Is it worth reforging to full haste for the sake of 1 fight? probably not. So even if the buff is present... would it just be worth sticking with a 1993 haste reforge then full mastery, and staying demo on all fights? or would switching to affliction with those stats not even be worth the switch? (sry if that got confusing, but this has been my biggest dilemma in deciding what to do, and I'm sure others might be in similar situations)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by locas75b View Post
    ok, so you guys have convinced me, that for the sake of the healers and the mage (including myself), that i shouldnt be a greedy bitch and play demo to provide the buff... BUT i have one last question

for my personal situation, out Shammy goes Ele for 3 fights: Yorsajh Warmaster and Ultraxion.

I could care less about Yorsajh and Ultraxion since we have them on farm, and I would remain demo for those fights regardless.

that would leave me with the viable option of playing Affliction on Warmaster without sacrificing the 10% buff for the raid. Is it worth reforging to full haste for the sake of 1 fight? probably not. So even if the buff is present... would it just be worth sticking with a 1993 haste reforge then full mastery, and staying demo on all fights? or would switching to affliction with those stats not even be worth the switch? (sry if that got confusing, but this has been my biggest dilemma in deciding what to do, and I'm sure others might be in similar situations)
    For heroic Warmaster? It is extremely worth reforging to afflic setup than being demo if the 10% is still given regardless of what you do........

For normal, meh. Idk cuz I haven't done normal that wasn't on farm in a long while.*

Deleted
    if you look at the warmaster rankings (10m hc) there is no huge difference between good affliction and demolocks. i play demo and think its a great fight for demo. after the two nerfs you are even able to swap pets between the adds (without losing anything) and use meta + ds: fg (+ bladestorm) for two of the three "addwaves". usually my 3rd meta is ready when we pop bloodlust (+ 2nd pot, orc racial, ingi gloves, doomguard) for goriona and 4th meta comes off cd at ~20-30% warmaster hp.

=> even if our resto shaman plays ele i dont respec/reforge. demo is all about knowing the fight and when to use your cooldowns, if you do there's no difference between a good demo and a good affliction lock. a friend of mine loves destruction, played a jinx destructionspec (without mana feed and fel synergy, only person who provided spellpowerdebuff) during progression and pulled out great numbers. that's the good thing about warlocks in dragon soul, every spec is viable if you play it right. especially in a 10man raid, where providing (de)buffs is really important.
    Last edited by mmocd4b9946dea; 2012-03-11 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    For heroic Warmaster? It is extremely worth reforging to afflic setup than being demo if the 10% is still given regardless of what you do........

For normal, meh. Idk cuz I haven't done normal that wasn't on farm in a long while.*
    Well what I'm asking is for the 7/8 if im Demo and than for warmaster if im Afflic... is it worth doing a full haste reforge on my gear and then leaving it. Or Just haste to 1993, and then full mastery? I also hear that Full Haste reforge on Demo can put out good numbers on Madness because of Impeding Doom. I think im going a lil offtopic, i apologize.

Demo is old news guys, it's Firelands spec of choice, most definately not for DS.

Honestly the 10% SP buff isn't make or break considering there has been a 10% nerf in DS. Let alone having to play a rubbish spec you hate (of course that's a personal opinion), the difference on most fights will mitigate the crappy 4% SP gain. My group consists of 2-3 caster dps AT MOST (And no fight in DS right now makes healers desperately need more SP to keep the raid up), and personally it's just not worth playing demo for our group, let alone the personal annoyance it brings me.

Most importantly, why play a spec you hate? I'd rather stop playing my warlock, bring in my hunter to gear and lol at ever thinking the 10% SP even mattered...

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    10mans are hard! They don't even need tanks.

Edit: Hunter pet would be a better way to add the buff.
    There's no hunter pet that brings that buff. You're confusing it with the 8% spell damage DEbuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xdoctor View Post
    3 ranged doing 35k dps avg is 105k dps. You would gain 4.2k dps from the spec change, assuming you have the 6% spell power buff up. And that's excluding the gain the healers/some melee would get. (rogues, surv hunters, frost/unholy dks, etc)
    Rogues, hunters and DKs don't benefit from Spell Power at all. They deal magic/spell damage, but that damage is not increased by spell power (unlike ret paladins).