Deleted

One of the greatest ideas ever! *sarcasm*

So, I live in a small town in Sweden, around 25k ppl. And I'll just leave this article here:
    (sorry for the Swedish article, will translate the general points of it)

http://nwt.se/kristinehamn/article1065558.ece

and my slightly edited ps of it:

http://i.imgur.com/h4g9t.jpg

The article basically says that they want a "Horse parking lot" in the middle of our town because there's nowhere to park your horse when you go to town to shop or w/e you do. They also want the local "riding school" to clean up the mess made by the horses when they stand there. A little heads up, their "base of operations" is around... 5-10 km outside the city centre, and I strongly doubt that they are willing to take care of that.

Well... In my almost 18 years of living in this town I've never seen a horse in the town, outside yeah, loads, but never within the city centre, I don't know if this is because there haven't been a parking lot for the horses, but I honsetly doubt it. One does not simply take their horse to go shopping. In my honest opinion I believe it's just a waste of time and money.

So what do you think, will this increase the appeal of our little dying town? Will we see an increased amount of horses in the city centre?

Deleted
    i thought we were past middle ages

Business idea!

Introduce fines for people leaving horse crap everywhere, and sell horse nappies.

Ahahahahahaha. No, i doubt that'll make much difference. As you said, no one takes their horse to go shopping. And i don't really see much else to do in the centre with a horse. Apart from parking it in the lot. Obviously i don't know how many horse owners there are in and outside of the town. If they go through with it, i hope they'll do a survey or something like that first. Who knows, it might appeal to a lot of people.
    Still funny though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Business idea!

Introduce fines for people leaving horse crap everywhere, and sell horse nappies.
    *tinfoilhat*

Dude, that's perhaps their plan! And then they're going to expand this to everything, soon we won't be able to leave footprints without getting a ticket =O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Guy View Post
    So, I live in a small town in Sweden, around 25k ppl. And I'll just leave this article here:
    (sorry for the Swedish article, will translate the general points of it)

http://nwt.se/kristinehamn/article1065558.ece

and my slightly edited ps of it:

http://i.imgur.com/h4g9t.jpg

The article basically says that they want a "Horse parking lot" in the middle of our town because there's nowhere to park your horse when you go to town to shop or w/e you do. They also want the local "riding school" to clean up the mess made by the horses when they stand there. A little heads up, their "base of operations" is around... 5-10 km outside the city centre, and I strongly doubt that they are willing to take care of that.

Well... In my almost 18 years of living in this town I've never seen a horse in the town, outside yeah, loads, but never within the city centre, I don't know if this is because there haven't been a parking lot for the horses, but I honsetly doubt it. One does not simply take their horse to go shopping. In my honest opinion I believe it's just a waste of time and money.

So what do you think, will this increase the appeal of our little dying town? Will we see an increased amount of horses in the city centre?
    That's cuz they never had anywhere to park them DUH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    That's cuz they never had anywhere to park them DUH!
    Yep, will probably be more horses than people down town in a while, imagine all the horsedump lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Guy View Post
    Yep, will probably be more horses than people down town in a while, imagine all the horsedump lmao
    I grew up with horses, I hate them. They're such retarded animals, if my daughter ever asks for a pony imma slap her.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Deleted

Thumbs down

Do they have a traditionnal blacksmith and a little church in your town?

If so, recruit fit and healthy RPG players (hard to find, I know) then start a templar knights chapter, and patrol the area wearing shiny steel armors and wielding claymores (the sword, not the anti personal mine) while riding horses.

You will have great success patrolling the mall and school district. No more scoundrels and rascals tagging the walls. All shall die by your mighty, god-driven, justice blades, hearing nothing else than your sermons of wrath before passing out.

You can also try this with black-powder revolvers, santagio boots, checkered shirts, and stetson hats. Not sure if allowed by police though...

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I grew up with horses, I hate them. They're such retarded animals, if my daughter ever asks for a pony imma slap her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
    Do they have a traditionnal blacksmith and a little church in your town?

If so, recruit fit and healthy RPG players (hard to find, I know) then start a templar knights chapter, and patrol the area wearing shiny steel armors and wielding claymores (the sword, not the anti personal mine) while riding horses.

You will have great success patrolling the mall and school district. No more scoundrels and rascals tagging the walls. All shall die by your mighty, god-driven, justice blades, hearing nothing else than your sermons of wrath before passing out.

You can also try this with black-powder revolvers, santagio boots, checkered shirts, and stetson hats. Not sure if allowed by police though...

Have fun!
    Lmao, yeah that would indeed be awesome, would be more awesome with the military claymores though And I bloody love that pic Tyrael >.< I grew up with horses aswell, and I don't quite see the beauty in them as so many others seem =/ Horses, and sheep! Sheep look bloody retarded imho...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    [IMG]http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/im_a_horse.jpg[IMG]
    Pretty much

I remember one time that one of my mom's horses picked up a plastic grocery bag in it's mouth and it freaked it out (for non horse people, any kind of wavy, crinky noisy thing freaks them the fuck out) and instead of dropping it, it opted to run 3 laps around the corral like a moron till it figured it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having lived in what's called Amish County for about 90% of my life, I can attest to the fact that horses, and those that use them as a primary means of transportation, are effing ANNOYING. They destroy the roads, especially so around here with those damned buggy wheels carving ruts in the road, as well as constantly leaving horse shit everywhere.

Anyone that says "Horses are intelligent, beautiful creatures" needs to be slapped, then stuck on one of our highways scraping horse shit for a few days in the spring/summer so they realize the error of their ways...