Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mocked for playing laning Rammus

I play Rammus, and I play him well. Usual games have me with few deaths and dozens of assists. I'm a good Rammus player. But I always have to tolerate mockery in the first 10 minutes of the game for being bad. "Laning Rammus isn't even a thing lol" "l2p Rammus properly", etc. The comments die down once I show I'm not bad and save a few asses.

I don't know how to jungle, and I don't want to jungle. Is laning Rammus really such a bad thing?

I honestly do not know if laning Rammus is that good, but I can tell you that Rammus is easily one of the best junglers out there.

I would strongly suggest trying to jungle with him, it's not hard and he really shines in there.

Also, everyone in LoL expects you to play the perfect metagame every game. You're gonna have to get used to it if not playing with friends. If you play laning Rammus, you're a noob. BUt if a pro plays laning Rammus, suddenly, it's an awesome pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    I honestly do not know if laning Rammus is that good, but I can tell you that Rammus is easily one of the best junglers out there.

I would strongly suggest trying to jungle with him, it's not hard and he really shines in there.

Also, everyone in LoL expects you to play the perfect metagame every game. You're gonna have to get used to it if not playing with friends. If you play laning Rammus, you're a noob. BUt if a pro plays laning Rammus, suddenly, it's an awesome pick.
    The pro has facts to prove the strength of certain unusual picks, though. The OP only goes by his personal experience, which is not sufficient for basing general strengths of champions on.

If I may make an analogy:
    The pro would be like Pythagoras, who concluded that the Earth was round because the moon was round, then showed that the moon was round based on the terminator. [terminator=line between light and dark side]
    The OP would be like a common person living in 11th century Europe, saying that the Earth was round but not having any proof for it outside of the fact that it "seems round to him".

Even if he's right, the fact that he goes against an established theory with not evidence what-so-ever makes his point seem rather moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a friend who laned as rammus. He did really well for the little time he tried it. There is nothing wrong with it, it's just jungle rammus is currently stronger. Similar situation, Udyr is a strong solo top but I've only ever seen one Udyr take solo top. He is strong at both, just jungle is currently stronger (with Pheonix being better than tiger).

Laning rammus isn't that bad, but you are missing out on his full potential without jungling him. If you are good with him, you can be that much better as a jungler Rammus and as a jungler, you have sooooo much more control over your game

Just like anything else, it's a matter of maximizing your potential. Just about any champion can perform well enough in lane. The boon a jungling Rammus grants to his team however is colossal.

Jungle Rammus scares the beezus out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Jungle Rammus scares the beezus out of me.

Almost as scary as Shaco ganks. Almost.

Meh, I haven't seen a lane rammus other than a video by TB but he was in a premade, but he can't be that bad. He just isn't able to clear minions that effectively, and malphite would be a better option for laning imo than him in lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lane rammus is garbage. So much better in Jungle compared to lane. If you play lane Rammus, then might as well play Leona or even Amumu; those are better laners and are much more efficient. Highly suggest you learn Jungle, it really isn't that difficult.

If this is sub-30 though, then idgaf and neither should you really. Play whatever you want.

Deleted
    If you're going to play solo top or any solo lane in that matter you can be denied very easily. There are just bunch of champions that can deal half your hp worth damage if you even go close to a minion and try to kill it. So you'll end up getting the creeps you can under your turret. If you are well synchronized with your jungler and manage to pull some great ganks you may do ok.

If you are support-ish Rammus you'll most likely won't be able to take enough damage to fill your role. You can do ok if you know your limits (when to taunt, when to use the defensive ability) and cause more damage to enemy laners than to yourself. You may win your lane this way.

Every champ in every lane is viable against low level / bad players. If your opponent knows what they are doing you're just going to end up being a burden to your team.
    Last edited by mmoc0c6b5c38d3; 2012-03-03 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Typos oh typos

I actually saw one of the pro players (wanna say rain man but not sure) do a solo top rammus. Stack armor with masteries/runes and go into lane with cloth armor. Your armor is incredibly high, which in turn makes your AD high due to rammus's passive. Get taunt at level 1 and you will quite easily bully the enemy bruiser top out of lane. (assuming its a melee).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I actually saw one of the pro players (wanna say rain man but not sure) do a solo top rammus. Stack armor with masteries/runes and go into lane with cloth armor. Your armor is incredibly high, which in turn makes your AD high due to rammus's passive. Get taunt at level 1 and you will quite easily bully the enemy bruiser top out of lane. (assuming its a melee).
    Yeah I remember that, did a few solo top Rammus and dominated. If jungler came for gank initiate with roll -> taunt (jungle enter) -> kill -> push tower with ulti -> lol.

I love me some Rammus.

Is it ranked?
    Then maybe they have a point considering there are a lot better picks for lanes then rammus. I don't question your ability to play him in lane, I'm just saying that if you were a "lane" champion and equally as skilled. Then you'll be much better... IN THEORY :P

If you've a rope which you bind 2 sticks together with and you can barely make a knot it will work. A rope which can be wrapped 2 times around those same sticks will be a better and more stable choice. Silly example but... ahh well

Normal?
    Go whatever, here you play for fun
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    Rammus can be a laner.

Go bot with a good Ezreal, taunt the enemy and let Ez mess them up in the taunt time.

The biggest problem when playing lane rammus is that you COULD have played jungle rammuss and he is simply alot stronger in the jungle.
    N

Deleted
    Laning Rammus works, but he's a lot better when jungling. His ganks are just too scary. One wrong move and you're dead.

Laning Rammus works against melee comps, really well. The main trouble with laning on Rammus is that if people pay attention it is literally impossible to taunt or land a powerball. This means you can get harrassed to shit (assuming they are ranged) and at the same time will struggle to initiate without flash. It is doable and you can get through it. However that's got nothing on you jungling then charging your powerball for one second, then speeding through their ward and lol at the fact that they saw you but since they are over-extended can't move back fast enough.

I might not be pro, but I think that's one of the scariest things about Rammus, is even if you are warded AND see it, he might still pull a successful gank.
    ^ early game ofc, could possibly be countered by rushing boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    Laning Rammus works against melee comps, really well. The main trouble with laning on Rammus is that if people pay attention it is literally impossible to taunt or land a powerball. This means you can get harrassed to shit (assuming they are ranged) and at the same time will struggle to initiate without flash. It is doable and you can get through it. However that's got nothing on you jungling then charging your powerball for one second, then speeding through their ward and lol at the fact that they saw you but since they are over-extended can't move back fast enough.

I might not be pro, but I think that's one of the scariest things about Rammus, is even if you are warded AND see it, he might still pull a successful gank.
    ^ early game ofc, could possibly be countered by rushing boots.
    What's REALLY frustrating is when you put up wards perfectly and he just comes flying from his own tower. He can do that rather easily...

or just roll over your wards fully knowing that you see him but he's still fast enough to get you

Appreciate the good input. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    saw a stream with an ad rammus.. he was a beast
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.